Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Training/Nutrition

Old 04-29-2009, 08:07 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default HOW RUDE

So I go swimming, and I find it quite difficult to do well because I keep getting water in my face. So I'm saving up for Googles

Anywhoo...I wish people would show common sense and courtesy in the swimming pool. You always have one male swimmer who cant swim in a bloody streight line, you always have one woman whose more interested in swimming half a length then trying to stand on her head whilst waving her legs in the air, you always get one silly sod who decides its clever to swim backstroke in a crowded pool, just so he can get in every ones way.

and then you get the hot shot kewl dudes who actually only manage to swim about 5 lengths, but they have to splash and kick and cause such a current that if you pass anywhere near them you end up sinking under the tsunami caused by their wake.

Honnestly...it pisses me off.

..on a side note, I'm trying to lose weight and Rich Franklin says I should drink FOUR Litres of Water a day I asked him if Tea and Coffee counted...and he said no because of the caffine, I asked him if squash counted, he said no because of the chemical flavourings in it.

Anyone think it a good idea if I ask him whether swimming pool water counts...or will he say no coz of the bloody chlorine

I never consume Four Litres of any liquid a day...I think the most I used to do was about three Litres of Pop I'd be leaking more then a sprinkler system if I had that much fluid in my system
Old 04-29-2009, 08:10 PM
Miss Foxy

I hate water myself! What you can try doing is start with a certain amount and increase it every day or every other day. I like lemon/lime in my water. You can do it Dave!!
Old 04-29-2009, 08:12 PM
xSubmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn

So I go swimming, and I find it quite difficult to do well because I keep getting water in my face. So I'm saving up for Googles

Anywhoo...I wish people would show common sense and courtesy in the swimming pool. You always have one male swimmer who cant swim in a bloody streight line, you always have one woman whose more interested in swimming half a length then trying to stand on her head whilst waving her legs in the air, you always get one silly sod who decides its clever to swim backstroke in a crowded pool, just so he can get in every ones way.

and then you get the hot shot kewl dudes who actually only manage to swim about 5 lengths, but they have to splash and kick and cause such a current that if you pass anywhere near them you end up sinking under the tsunami caused by their wake.

Honnestly...it pisses me off.

..on a side note, I'm trying to lose weight and Rich Franklin says I should drink FOUR Litres of Water a day I asked him if Tea and Coffee counted...and he said no because of the caffine, I asked him if squash counted, he said no because of the chemical flavourings in it.

Anyone think it a good idea if I ask him whether swimming pool water counts...or will he say no coz of the bloody chlorine

I never consume Four Litres of any liquid a day...I think the most I used to do was about three Litres of Pop I'd be leaking more then a sprinkler system if I had that much fluid in my system
I think you looking into details too much. Honestly diet and exercise is all you need.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:14 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSubmission
I think you looking into details too much. Honestly diet and exercise is all you need.
Water intake is important.

Shoot for a gallon a day Dave trust me it gets easier. The real downside is that when you drink that much water you have to pee a lot.

I average maybe 5-7 times during my work day I of course drink A LOT of water.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:17 PM
xSubmission

dont be fooled Dave @,@
DIET + EXERCISE = ALL YOU NEED
(also not eating past 8pm helps too)
Old 04-29-2009, 08:18 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSubmission
dont be fooled Dave @,@
DIET + EXERCISE = ALL YOU NEED
(also not eating past 8pm helps too)
Be fooled by what? Water consumption? Which is very important for our bodies dieting or not..
Old 04-29-2009, 08:19 PM
xSubmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy
Be fooled by what? Water consumption? Which is very important for our bodies dieting or not..
Water is for *babies=D

*Edited for language. Watch it xSub. It won't be tolerated.

Last edited by TexasRN; 04-29-2009 at 09:55 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:19 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy
I hate water myself! What you can try doing is start with a certain amount and increase it every day or every other day. I like lemon/lime in my water. You can do it Dave!!
Well, I often drink tonic water, but its expensive and doesnt come in litre bottles.

I said that I would try and work up to four Litres...but I'd do it over a period of many weeks...if it left me uncomfortable, or it adds to much weight, then I'll simply refuse to continue upping the ammount and keep it fixed.

To be fair...There is a slight difference in physiology between myself and Rich Franklin...I'm not convinced I'd convert to his level of health by just consuming the water...I think that might be an idea Once ive LOST the weight.

A kinda toning of the diet after the weight loss is done. I think if I went to the four Litres I spend more time on the toilet then I would drinking the stuff in the first place

I'm not saying he's wrong...I just think he might be light years ahead of my starting place. His advice might be alright for an athlete...but I'm not an athlete yet...I'm an obease fatty
Old 04-29-2009, 08:22 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Well, I often drink tonic water, but its expensive and doesnt come in litre bottles.

I said that I would try and work up to four Litres...but I'd do it over a period of many weeks...if it left me uncomfortable, or it adds to much weight, then I'll simply refuse to continue upping the ammount and keep it fixed.

To be fair...There is a slight difference in physiology between myself and Rich Franklin...I'm not convinced I'd convert to his level of health by just consuming the water...I think that might be an idea Once ive LOST the weight.

A kinda toning of the diet after the weight loss is done. I think if I went to the four Litres I spend more time on the toilet then I would drinking the stuff in the first place

I'm not saying he's wrong...I just think he might be light years ahead of my starting place. His advice might be alright for an athlete...but I'm not an athlete yet...I'm an obease fatty
I see what you are saying. Try doing everything in moderation. Its mind over matter and you don't have to go all out with nutrition. Just work at it little by little, but not too little.. Trust me your body feels better with more water...
Old 04-29-2009, 08:23 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Next time somebody gives you a problem in the pool, just pee on them or throw a Baby Ruth candy bar in their path - watch them scream like bitch!