Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 01-29-2009, 07:44 PM
ufcfan2

First off I'll be rooting for BJ. I think BJ wins if it stays 2-3 rds, and if it goes more I'll say GSP wins.
I think the way GSP trains is better in the long run that what BJ is doing. I will say BJ has that arrogant outlook on the way he trains. With GSP training with other UFC fighters I think hes getting the better training. BJ right now is just winning on his pure talent and far as him training with other top UFC fighters I don't know if he is or not.. I hope he is

I'll be on pins and needles for this fight and Lyota fight(i'm pickin Thiago in the upset for some reason).
Old 01-29-2009, 08:02 PM
gymcoach97

Quote:
Originally Posted by jignpig
GSP has a weak chin, not a glass one, but a weak one. bj has the power to knock GSP out george has the ability to submitt and or win by points. if this match stays on its feet i really think bjs got it. gonna be a great fight.

Serra never hit him on the chin to knock him out. He got clipped on the side of the head up behind the ear. That was the initial strike that rattled him.

That's about the same spot that Wanderlei hit Keith Jardine and Jardine was knocked out. It's nearly the same spot that Brock clipped Randy Couture and he was knocked out.

So, I don't think GSP has a weak chin. When you hit a guy in that spot, you can really rattle him. I suppose it knocks the balance off or something - maybe plays with the equilibrium of the ear, maybe?
Old 01-29-2009, 11:36 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44
Jens pulvers biggest wins as ufc champion were by decision. Over Hallman, over uno, and over penn.

Like I said it is much harder for fighters in lower wait classes to finish each other. This is due to them having less power but also on average the skill level and conditioning levels of lower weight class fighters is higher. alowing them to go the distance more.
The point is, he was trying to finish the fights

I dont think you find he would take someone down and lie on them for twenty five mins..
Old 01-30-2009, 03:49 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
The point is, he was trying to finish the fights

I dont think you find he would take someone down and lie on them for twenty five mins..
like GSP did against Penn for 2 rounds
Old 01-30-2009, 03:56 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44
So he dominated them in every facet of mma. People put to much into finishing fights. Its not like GSP goes to decisions alot either. Hes stopped trigg, sherk, serra, and Matt Hughes 2 times.

In the lower weight classes it is more likely for fights to go the distance
if he can't finish Kos or Fitch, he's not finishing BJ.....short of another broken rib inhibiting movement and breathing. in fact, he didn't try to attack BJ from the guard in their last fight....he just laid there hoping the judges would give him points for takedowns he did nothing with.....and they did.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:15 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
like GSP did against Penn for 2 rounds
EXACTLY!
Old 01-30-2009, 01:33 PM

I thought the Primetime thing was pretty cool. I hope they do one for Hughes vs Serra!
I wish they would have shown more of Penn training. His stuff on his site is pretty intense and he is doing tons of cardio.
The section of GSP's training with Rashad was sort of annoying. Rashad is too flashy to be a champ I'll support.
Does everyone have their picks in?

[
Old 01-30-2009, 01:53 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
I thought the Primetime thing was pretty cool. I hope they do one for Hughes vs Serra!
I wish they would have shown more of Penn training. His stuff on his site is pretty intense and he is doing tons of cardio.
The section of GSP's training with Rashad was sort of annoying. Rashad is too flashy to be a champ I'll support.
Does everyone have their picks in?
the part with penn in the water running with the rock was cool .... and i like the rashad part ... too flashy for a champ? nah, he changes things up, who wants all champs rockin t's and jeans .. let him do what he wants ... not saying you have to support, that is your choice ..

i do hope they do this for other fights yes, especially hughes/serra, i probably couldn't handle serra's mouth for 3 shows, but i guess the end of the fight will make me feel better ...
Old 01-30-2009, 02:23 PM
GnP

Dana says they gonna do three or four prime times a year. I have loved these. Must admit I was not a Rashad fan to start with but he is growing on me and looks a very good fighter now.

The people who don't think GSP is not a finisher you may wanna go and check his fight record very few go to decision. That said I would take him beating the mouth from Hawai any way he can

Last edited by GnP; 01-30-2009 at 03:06 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:24 PM
Crisco

I wonder when Hughes is going to start his training camp... I hope he gives himself atleast 8 weeks.

I wanna see him pick him up and slam him on his head.