Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 01-29-2009, 02:56 PM
Straight Right

Watched the final installment of the countdown to UFC 94 last night and man does BJ talk a lot of crap. At first I thought he is just cocky an arrogant, but now it seems like its nervous false bravato. I'm not suggesting he is scared or anything just that he knows he's facing a stronger and better GSP this time around. BJ says "Georges trains with UFC fighters, I train with UFC fighters" like they are all inter-changable. Training with the likes of the Crow, Nate Marquardt, and Rashad Evans is entirely different than sparing with Troy "rude boy" Mandaloniz & Co. Now I'm sure he has brought in some other bigger named guys, and that preview doesn't show everything of course, but GSP being able to take down one of the top wrestlers at 205lbs in Evans, tells me he should be able to take Penn down again this time too. This is all just my opinion we'll see what we'll see. I'll take a ride in your Delorean Llamafighter and say I see a different fight, one where GSP takes Penn down repeatedly and wins by brutal GnP.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:58 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
He has one loss to submission. I think it was RNC.
yeah, that was neer i think .. rnc or guillotine .. man, my memory is bad ...
Old 01-29-2009, 03:00 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Right
Watched the final installment of the countdown to UFC 94 last night and man does BJ talk a lot of crap. At first I thought he is just cocky an arrogant, but now it seems like its nervous false bravato. I'm not suggesting he is scared or anything just that he knows he's facing a stronger and better GSP this time around. BJ says "Georges trains with UFC fighters, I train with UFC fighters" like they are all inter-changable. Training with the likes of the Crow, Nate Marquardt, and Rashad Evans is entirely different than sparing with Troy "rude boy" Mandaloniz & Co. Now I'm sure he has brought in some other bigger named guys, and that preview doesn't show everything of course, but GSP being able to take down one of the top wrestlers at 205lbs in Evans, tells me he should be able to take Penn down again this time too. This is all just my opinion we'll see what we'll see. I'll take a ride in your Delorean Llamafighter and say I see a different fight, one where GSP takes Penn down repeatedly and wins by brutal GnP.

lol ... what' s funny was that mandoloniz was funny when he said bj would smash guys like rashad and co .. LOL ... i know it is good to have confidence in your coach, but that is just ridiculous ...
Old 01-29-2009, 03:02 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
yeah, that was neer i think .. rnc or guillotine .. man, my memory is bad ...
Actually, Drew Fickett by RNC. (I looked it up)
Old 01-29-2009, 03:45 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by hizo64
ummmm.....
Trust me bro GSP is on a level above every other weltherweight.

I truly believe GSP is one of the only people who may have what he takes to beat Anderson.

GSP is the best athlete and wrestler in MMA and with awesome wrestling you can beat anyone.

GSP will own Penn this whole fight. I'll call it right here.

Last edited by Crisco; 01-29-2009 at 04:11 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:48 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44
So he dominated them in every facet of mma. People put to much into finishing fights. Its not like GSP goes to decisions alot either. Hes stopped trigg, sherk, serra, and Matt Hughes 2 times.

In the lower weight classes it is more likely for fights to go the distance
You are supposed to finish the fight. Thats the idea...Judges are there for when neither side does

Total domination in every facet should have led to a finish if it consisted of five rounds...thats ample time.

I'm not saying he's bad...but there is some hype involved in GSP
Old 01-29-2009, 04:49 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Trust me bro GSP is on a level above every other weltherweight.

I truly believe GSP is one of the only people who may have what he takes to beat Anderson.

GSP is the best athlete and wrestler in MMA and with awesome wrestling you can beat anyone.

GSP will own Penn this whole fight. I'll call it right here.
he aint a level above Matt Hughes. I dont care who won best of three

Trust me bro
Old 01-29-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
You are supposed to finish the fight. Thats the idea...Judges are there for when neither side does

Total domination in every facet should have led to a finish if it consisted of five rounds...thats ample time.

Jens pulvers biggest wins as ufc champion were by decision. Over Hallman, over uno, and over penn.

Like I said it is much harder for fighters in lower wait classes to finish each other. This is due to them having less power but also on average the skill level and conditioning levels of lower weight class fighters is higher. alowing them to go the distance more.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
He has one loss to submission. I think it was RNC.
I thought there might be one in there, and Drew is a slipepry cat, so no embarrasment in getting subbed by him.

I guess even though GSP didnt finish either Fitch or Kos, i think it says more about how tough they are, than GSP's ability to finish because he has shown that he can.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn

I'm going to start building your siggie, my friend.

[