Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

View Poll Results: Should the Lone Star state secede from the U.S.?
Texas should secede from the U.S. 9 37.50%
Texas should not secede from the U.S. 13 54.17%
Don't know... 2 8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-29-2009, 10:01 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSubmission
Maybe Ben is easy with you but hes an ass when replying to me
In all honesty if you feel he's stepping on your toes let him know or anyone know sometimes we all get caught in the heat of a debate, but learn to have a better character. With that being said diffuse it not escalate it. Don't get me wrong I have my days!. Hope you seriously take these words into consideration..
Old 04-29-2009, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
If you find out how to do it in a couple of years, you'll have to educate the rest of us.

The process sucks!

Ha ha i would have no idea, i just figure if i marry an American, i am set for citizenship! Im sure i can prove it isnt for a scam!

It makes me laugh when my girlfriend came to visit me here, at passport control they asked her for my address, how she knew me, how we met?

It wouldnt surprise me that the paperwork would be a nightmare!
Old 04-29-2009, 10:06 PM
xSubmission

Quote:
Ben didn't say anything demeaning to you. He simply made his point and you responded like a 14 year old through the personal attacks.
Arguing or "debating" over the internet. Honestly i get heated over things like that...
When in doubt choke em out
Old 04-29-2009, 10:08 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Arguing or "debating" over the internet. Honestly i get heated over things like that...
When in doubt choke em out
Yeah, it's easy to make that happen, I know. I get like that on the bodybuilding.com forums sometimes. I just step away from the thread when that happens, or, at least, step away until I'm cooled off.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:10 PM
xSubmission

Quote:
Yeah, it's easy to make that happen, I know. I get like that on the bodybuilding.com forums sometimes. I just step away from the thread when that happens, or, at least, step away until I'm cooled off.
I gotta realize this is the internet. What people type in here has no substance.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:11 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
I gotta realize this is the internet. What people type in here has no substance.
Say that while looking the mirror..
Old 04-29-2009, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy
Ha ha! Very good!
Old 04-29-2009, 10:15 PM
xSubmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy
Haha that statement can go for everyone then i suppose =/
Old 04-29-2009, 10:16 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion
Ha ha! Very good!
Yeah im cool just don't mess with good people or my allies or especially MATT!!!!!! I will come *a knockin* like Candyman!!!
Old 04-29-2009, 10:17 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion
Ha ha i would have no idea, i just figure if i marry an American, i am set for citizenship! Im sure i can prove it isnt for a scam!

It makes me laugh when my girlfriend came to visit me here, at passport control they asked her for my address, how she knew me, how we met?

It wouldnt surprise me that the paperwork would be a nightmare!
Well, it's not a scam, you can definitely become a citizen by marrying an American. Here's the long arduous process:

1. Get engaged and your spouse will petition for you to move in with them (from the Philippines, this process takes about 9-12 months on average, not sure about Britain, probably faster). There's a lot of paperwork involved with this, so I won't go into detail.

2. When you enter the U.S. with your Visa (K-1 or K-3), you have 90 days to get married, then file for the green card (so far, we've been waiting since early October), then they have you and your spouse come to a (hopefully) nearby location for a personal interview where they ask a lot of questions and assess your relationship status with each other.

3. After 2 years, if the marriage is successful (no divorce), then you can update your green card (I think to a permanent status), and file for citizenship - this is another process. I don't know how long this takes, but I know you have to take a test that most Americans would fail (the irony ). Once you're a citizen, you can divorce her and live here forever. Ok, that last part was the truth, and a joke. Also, if at anytime, you do get a divorce (and I think commit a felony), they will deport you back to Britain and it's possible you'll never be allowed to re-enter the U.S.

4. Once you get your citizenship, you can petition for your parents to come live with you and criticize your wife 24/7