Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

View Poll Results: Should the Lone Star state secede from the U.S.?
Texas should secede from the U.S. 9 37.50%
Texas should not secede from the U.S. 13 54.17%
Don't know... 2 8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-29-2009, 09:42 PM
xSubmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Which is put him in jail forever?

That's not closure for his father...

IF someone did that to your son would you not try to kill them? Would it make you feel betterk knowing that he laid in a closed cell every night LIVING while your 3 year old child drowned while freezing, crying and afraid probably screaming for his mother and father but no one was there to help him?

I call bull****.

I would destroy this man even if it ment my life. I would beat him to death with my bear hands. God will forgive me because this man violated his commandment and should be put to death.

God's is the only opinion that matters to me.
LOL dont use religon to justify wrong actions. Thats what terrorist do!
Old 04-29-2009, 09:45 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSubmission
Don't use hippy liberal non-sense to justify inaction.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:45 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Babyboy we should use religion with everything. To stand up for what is right and to make the right decisions in daily life.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:49 PM
Crisco

Quote:
And the terrorist use a false, misguided and completely horrid religion to further their own political goals.

MY faith justifys the punishment of those who DESERVE to be punished.
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy
Babyboy we should use religion with everything. To stand up for what is right and to make the right decisions in daily life.
Not to mention, our country was founded on Christian principles. Just because we allow non-Christians in this country doesn't mean these principles should change. However, the media and Liberals seem to think it's a positive step, which is one of the underlying reasons why this thread was started in the first place.
xSubmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
I think the quote you're lookingfor is "An eye-for-an-eye leaves the whole world blind." Geez, can't even get your own propaganda slogans right.

Have you done any real research? I don't mean you read a textbook that says "According to research..." or listened to a teacher who said "Resarchers have found...", I mean have you actaully gone out yourself & looked into this? As for the rest of your post, it's pointless. I already made it clear that the current system isn't life-for-a-life, or even life-for-two-lives. Even in capital murder cases, a guilty verdict does not mean a death sentence. Here, I did a litte research on your behalf:

So, in my previous post I explained why the death penalty arose out of a respect for life your response was "nuh-uh". I explained that it wasn't a 1 to 1 (i.e. not "eye-for-an-eye") ratio of murders to executions your response was "eye-for-an-eye is dumb". I asked you to do research. You laughed me off. No where in any of your posts do you actually raise any legitimate arguments. You're just puke out the same old schtick you've heard someone else spout before you.

----

Now, the thing that pisses me off the most about your post is your use of the word "retarded". Just like your use of the word "rape", you're ignoring the fact that there are literally millions of people in this world with mental disabilities. You choose to take a word that is a serious condition for many people & use it as an insult. You are either: a) saying that I must be mentally handicapped if I don't agree with you; or b) saying that being mentally handicapped is as trivial (in the grand scheme of things) as this argument we're having. That makes you either: a) arrogant & close minded; or b) an insensitive idiot.

Again, go do some real research (since I've already started it for you) & get back to me, boy.
You obviously are retarded if you cant see that killing is wrong. Especially when its pre-meditated by the state
Old 04-29-2009, 09:51 PM
Crisco

Quote:
You obviously are retarded if you cant see that killing is wrong. Especially when its pre-meditated by the state
Wow. I had hope for your until this post. I'll write it off to little to no real life experience and leave it at that. I won't be going on with this conversation with you.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:52 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Ok now your pissing me off!!! Don't disrespect Ben!! He's one of the most easy people on this forum!
Old 04-29-2009, 09:52 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy
Ok now your pissing me off!!! Don't disrespect Ben!! He's one of the most easy people on this forum!

HA! Ben, Melis thinks your easy!
Old 04-29-2009, 09:53 PM
Administrator

One of the reasons that I like Texas so much is their death penalty laws. Of course it's mischaracterized by the liberal brainwashing factories (ie: network and cable news stations) but it's done a lot to deter crime and make Texas a safer place to live.

And I agree with Crisco and Miss Foxy about our religious beliefs. If we don't use them in EVERY aspect of our lives, then they're meaningless. Thus, a true person of faith will use his/her religious views to make ALL decisions in their life.

Saying, "that's what terrorists do" is just ridiculously ignorant and deceitful.