Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

View Poll Results: Should the Lone Star state secede from the U.S.?
Texas should secede from the U.S. 9 37.50%
Texas should not secede from the U.S. 13 54.17%
Don't know... 2 8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 04-29-2009, 09:12 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSubmission
I think someone can seek redemption for no matter what they have done. And can be forgiven no matter how terrible a crime they committed. I believe they can be rehabilitated and contribute positively to society
You don't know many criminals do you?

Some crimes are so horrible that the people who commit them are not safe to keep alive. Their redemption is between them and God.

God himself offers the death penalty for murder.

Recently a man where I live through his 3 yr old nephew into a river and drowned him because his brother wouldn't lend him money for drugs.

I use to feel the way you do until I started to see the evil that goes on.

I grew up around gangsters and criminals and let me tell you they DON'T change.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-29-2009, 09:18 PM
xSubmission
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
What textbook are you quoting? That's total horse-hockey.

The Death Penalty is there because of respect for human life. If your disrespect human life enough to destroy it, you lose your right to your own life.

Also, bear in mind that the death penalty is an option in every murder, or even every 1st degree murder. You're only eligible for the death penalty if you commit capital murder (i.e. multiple victims, serial killers, etc.), abd even then you go through an entire second trial with a brand new jury to see whether or not you'll be condemned to death. It's called a bifurcated jury system.

Go do some real research & get back to me, boy.
Real research! Are you retarded? An "eye-for-an-eye" mentality wont bring closure to anything. Simply killing offenders is the easy way out. Execution is by no means "respect for human life." Obviously more killing results in nothing positive. An "eye-for-an-eye." mentality gets society no where
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-29-2009, 09:20 PM
xSubmission
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
You don't know many criminals do you?

Some crimes are so horrible that the people who commit them are not safe to keep alive. Their redemption is between them and God.

God himself offers the death penalty for murder.

Recently a man where I live through his 3 yr old nephew into a river and drowned him because his brother wouldn't lend him money for drugs.

I use to feel the way you do until I started to see the evil that goes on.

I grew up around gangsters and criminals and let me tell you they DON'T change.
Its cheaper to keep someone in prison for the rest of there life then it is to execute them.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-29-2009, 09:22 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSubmission
Its cheaper to keep someone in prison for the rest of there life then it is to execute them.
Only because our system doesn't kill them fast enough.

You actually believe that man who threw a 3 yr old into a river and drowned him because his brother wouldn't give him drug money deserves to have a life?

You truly and honestly believe he deserves to live?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-29-2009, 09:29 PM
xSubmission
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Only because our system doesn't kill them fast enough.

You actually believe that man who threw a 3 yr old into a river and drowned him because his brother wouldn't give him drug money deserves to have a life?

You truly and honestly believe he deserves to live?
I believe nobody should have the power to take his life.
Realizing what he has done is worse then death. Dying is the easy way out really paying for your crimes is almost impossible. That is redemption.
Of course my immediate response would be "that person should die"
But if i calm down and think about things my greater sense of being kicks in and i come up with a better solution
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-29-2009, 09:36 PM
TexasRN's Avatar
TexasRN TexasRN is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texan living in NC
Posts: 4,707
Default

I voted no because I think Texas should just take the whole US over and rule the country by force. The Texas Rangers are up for the job.

I am a pro death penalty girl. I say we don't execute them fast enough and the Texas Fast Track plan rocks. Convict them beyond shadow of a doubt and it's to the back yard ya go. Firing squad executes them, other prisoners who are sentenced to life get the joyous job of burying the dead ones.


~Amy
__________________
__________________________________________

My son made this for me:
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-29-2009, 09:38 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
Allons-y
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,298
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSubmission
Real research! Are you retarded? An "eye-for-an-eye" mentality wont bring closure to anything. Simply killing offenders is the easy way out. Execution is by no means "respect for human life." Obviously more killing results in nothing positive. An "eye-for-an-eye." mentality gets society no where
I think the quote you're lookingfor is "An eye-for-an-eye leaves the whole world blind." Geez, can't even get your own propaganda slogans right.

Have you done any real research? I don't mean you read a textbook that says "According to research..." or listened to a teacher who said "Resarchers have found...", I mean have you actaully gone out yourself & looked into this? As for the rest of your post, it's pointless. I already made it clear that the current system isn't life-for-a-life, or even life-for-two-lives. Even in capital murder cases, a guilty verdict does not mean a death sentence. Here, I did a litte research on your behalf:

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.uscourts.gov/outreach/topics/deathpenalty_intro.html
In a bifurcated trial, the jury would first determine guilt or innocence, and then, if the defendant were found guilty, the appropriate sentence, a life term or death. The Court in Greg also sanctioned the use of a list of aggravating and mitigating factors that would provide standards to help the jury determine whether or not the defendant should receive the death penalty. This removed the jury's unlimited discretion in capital cases.
So, in my previous post I explained why the death penalty arose out of a respect for life your response was "nuh-uh". I explained that it wasn't a 1 to 1 (i.e. not "eye-for-an-eye") ratio of murders to executions your response was "eye-for-an-eye is dumb". I asked you to do research. You laughed me off. No where in any of your posts do you actually raise any legitimate arguments. You're just puke out the same old schtick you've heard someone else spout before you.

----

Now, the thing that pisses me off the most about your post is your use of the word "retarded". Just like your use of the word "rape", you're ignoring the fact that there are literally millions of people in this world with mental disabilities. You choose to take a word that is a serious condition for many people & use it as an insult. You are either: a) saying that I must be mentally handicapped if I don't agree with you; or b) saying that being mentally handicapped is as trivial (in the grand scheme of things) as this argument we're having. That makes you either: a) arrogant & close minded; or b) an insensitive idiot.

Again, go do some real research (since I've already started it for you) & get back to me, boy.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-29-2009, 09:38 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSubmission
I believe nobody should have the power to take his life.
Realizing what he has done is worse then death. Dying is the easy way out really paying for your crimes is almost impossible. That is redemption.
Of course my immediate response would be "that person should die"
But if i calm down and think about things my greater sense of being kicks in and i come up with a better solution
Which is put him in jail forever?

That's not closure for his father...

IF someone did that to your son would you not try to kill them? Would it make you feel betterk knowing that he laid in a closed cell every night LIVING while your 3 year old child drowned while freezing, crying and afraid probably screaming for his mother and father but no one was there to help him?

I call bull****.

I would destroy this man even if it ment my life. I would beat him to death with my bear hands. God will forgive me because this man violated his commandment and should be put to death.

God's is the only opinion that matters to me.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-29-2009, 09:41 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

F' 'em. If they kill, they deserve to be killed. If they rape somebody, they deserve do be raped. What goes around comes around.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-29-2009, 09:41 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Which is put him in jail forever?

That's not closure for his father...

IF someone did that to your son would you not try to kill them? Would it make you feel betterk knowing that he laid in a closed cell every night LIVING while your 3 year old child drowned while freezing, crying and afraid probably screaming for his mother and father but no one was there to help him?

I call bull****.

I would destroy this man even if it ment my life. I would beat him to death with my bear hands. God will forgive me because this man violated his commandment and should be put to death.

God's is the only opinion that matters to me.
Call me a vigilante if I could get rid of any scumbag that hurts a kid I would!! X.the world is full of evil and people that hurt kids have no value in this society and to me give up rights when they harm children.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.