Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

View Poll Results: For or against Death Penalty?
Yes 22 88.00%
No 3 12.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-01-2009, 10:37 PM
atomdanger

Default Death Penalty

For or against?
Maybe a short explanation.

Here (Washington state) you can have the needle, or the noose.
Washington.= Aggravated first-degree murder gets you death here,
defined as this. http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=10.95.020

So in my state, I am for it.
Basically, if you kill an on duty cop, firefighter, or a judge, state attorney, etc..
Or you killed somebody while doing any of this.
(a) Robbery in the first or second degree;
(b) Rape in the first or second degree;
(c) Burglary in the first or second degree or residential burglary;
(d) Kidnapping in the first degree; or
(e) Arson in the first degree;

Plus a couple other things
(4) The person committed the murder pursuant to an agreement that he or she would receive money or any other thing of value for committing the murder;
(5) The person solicited another person to commit the murder and had paid or had agreed to pay money or any other thing of value for committing the murder;
(6) The person committed the murder to obtain or maintain his or her membership or to advance his or her position in the hierarchy of an organization, association, or identifiable group;

So yeah, I am for it.
If you do any of those things, I think its safe to say you deserve to die.
For some people sitting in prison is NOT a deterrent, but death is.
I don't know, some people don't deserve for tax payers to support them for the rest of their life, while they get better medical care than some tax payers, etc....
Old 05-01-2009, 10:38 PM
atomdanger

Yeah yeah I messed up the poll

Yes = FOR
No = against
Old 05-01-2009, 10:40 PM
Hughes fanboy

For.

And For More too....sometimes we just have to take a life in order to vindicate the crime which has been perpetrated.
I especially feel this way over child rape or murder.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:42 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion
For.

And For More too....sometimes we just have to take a life in order to vindicate the crime which has been perpetrated.
I especially feel this way over child rape or murder.
Yeah..... I know it isn't being "understanding" but I hate that most states consider pedophilia a disease or mental problem and treat it with counselors, etc...

If anybody ever hurt one of my children people would die.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:52 PM
Super Moderator

I am for the death penalty and would fast track it even more than TX does. I say if you are found guilty beyond doubt, we shoot you that afternoon and the other inmates get to bury you. Bullets are cheap and there's no need for a retrial. I am for it because of the retribution aspect and the deterrent factor. If we shot the really bad felons the day they are found guilty, your felony crime rate would drop dramatically. Don't ask me to look up and research numbers though cuz I don't want to and I just don't give a hoot what the whiners say.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 05-01-2009, 11:10 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

For

Kill somebody, you should be killed back. You rape somebody, you should be raped back. Steal from somebody, you should be raped back
Old 05-02-2009, 12:10 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Well...... I say.....

Why should you only get 20 years for attempted murder??

The criminal shouldn't get a break just cause they were not able to follow through on their plans.

From my website

There are days when I feel that the world should listen to one person sometimes. That one person, being me. I come up with ideas that, in all honesty, someone smarter than I should have enacted long ago. Here they are. If you like them, you can email your local congressperson in regards. If you don't like them, fell free to explain why they are bad ideas. If you feel they are stupid, feel free to STFU. Are all of my ideas unique? I hope not!

Idea 1) 24 hour prisons - The justice system has to release convicts early every year due to over crowding. Well, they only need the bed for 8 hours a 24 hour period. The other 16 hours can be used else where. 4 hours in school or rehabilitation classes, 4 hours doing community service of some type ( work on highways.. whatever, giving lectures to local schools as to why they don't won't to be a convict) and 8 hours of work. Yes, work, find some company that can use these individuals, and pay them minimum wage, and tax those wages. That way when they have "done there time", not only do they have an education, a marketable skill, they also have some money to start out with. Of course this couldn't be done with some.. for those.. see below..

Idea 2) Stop playing around with the death penalty. Do it or don't. 20 years for appeals? Cmon.. If you don't want the death penalty, then fine, but some types of crimes can NOT be forgiven! Sexual Predators, Child molesters, rapists, murderers, habitual offenders. Toss the key away if you don't want them dead.. but don't let them back out.

Idea 3) Stop doing executions late at night! Put them on TV, do them on the court house lawn, make them PPVs for all I care. If we as a society can say that "this person deserves to die", we should be able to do this and if not be "proud" of it.. at least not hide from it. Also, this would be an EXCELLENT way of telling the people.. this is what we do to people who do "this". Sounds like a good deterrent to me.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:46 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker
Well...... I say.....

Why should you only get 20 years for attempted murder??

The criminal shouldn't get a break just cause they were not able to follow through on their plans.

From my website

Idea 1) 24 hour prisons

Idea 3) Stop doing executions late at night! Put them on TV
Yeah, I think the problem with the attempted murder thing is that prosecutars can call anything they want attempted murder.
The trouble is proving you tried to kill the person,
You can want to hit somebody with a bat, or even stab them but not want them to die.

So it hits some gray area there IMO.

Idea 1)
Good idea on paper, but doesn't work IRL.
Too much money to be moving inmates, watching them, etc...
Also too much of a secutiry risk, there is a reason in maximum security prisons you are locked down 23 hours a day in your cell.
Because thats the only place that keeps staff and other inmates safe.
Yet people still get raped/murdered in Prison. Maybe work with min or medium security inmates though.
I do think we should use inmates for road construction, etc... Might as well make they pay society back.

Idea 3) I agree, public hangings all the way.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:00 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
For or against?
So yeah, I am for it.
If you do any of those things, I think its safe to say you deserve to die.
For some people sitting in prison is NOT a deterrent, but death is.
I don't know, some people don't deserve for tax payers to support them for the rest of their life, while they get better medical care than some tax payers, etc....
Do you have any evidence that shows the death penalty is a deterrent? Evidence that I have seen shows it not to be the case. Below is just one link.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/dete...r-murder-rates
Old 05-02-2009, 01:07 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
Do you have any evidence that shows the death penalty is a deterrent? Evidence that I have seen shows it not to be the case. Below is just one link.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/dete...r-murder-rates
Interesting link.

But does it take into consideration the murder rates in states that have it as opposed to states who don't?

Maybe some states who don't have a smaller murder rate and don't need it as much as states who do and have higher murder rates.
To me, a state having more murders show MORE need for the death penalty.

And honestly, I don't care if it is a deterrent or not,
if you kill people, cops, children, etc... and get convicted of murder 1 and get the death penalty,
well then you certainly don't deserve to live off the state forever.
Do you?

What I am saying is, you go to detention.
Forever... how does that make sense?
You get to hangout, harass cops, be part of a gang, be social, visit your family etc....
your victims don't get to do anything anymore, because they're dead.
Why should you?
and why should WE pay for you to get to do so?