Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 04-29-2009, 09:16 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I train uner Brazilian and I love BJJ but I can't stand a vast majority of Brazilian competitors.

I hate to generalize but the ones I've met are dirty fighters and sore losers.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-29-2009, 09:22 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
mmamania.com



Interesting...
Gotta wonder what is going on there????
I wonder why Rich would say he was going to work with AS when AS claims to not know about it.
Do you want for me to ask him
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-29-2009, 09:43 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Do you want for me to ask him
Please do lol
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-30-2009, 12:01 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Please do lol
okay...I will....Dont know if he'll answer though
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-30-2009, 03:43 AM
que
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

it's true - at least to wanderlei

here is his response to anderson training franklin




Its smart, because Silva has a lot of techniques, he told MMAWeekly.com on Monday. Its possible for him to train with who he wants. For me, it doesnt matter, because Im going to beat him. Its possible he could train with Mike Tyson Im going to beat him.

Its a professional time for MMA, and everybody needs to go to the best place for having the best options. Maybe Anderson is a good option for him, because Anderson beat him two times.

Silva prides himself on an open door policy at his gym and says Franklin is still welcome.

My gyms professional, he continued. The guys dont need to use my flag to train here. Its possible a guy comes, trains, and uses his flag. Its a professional gym its open for all.

Of bigger concern are fighters who arent serious about their training.

I just dont want the bad guys, the guys in bad condition, he said. Outside here I dont like the guys drinking, going to the nightclub, the guys smoking. No. These guys I dont want. But the professional guys, in good condition, in good fighters no problem.

Silva says hes still building a fight team for his gym, and its a work in progress. In the mean time, hes preparing for Franklin, and unconcerned whether Anderson will pass on any secrets.

He explained he wanted to come train here after the fight, no problem, said Silva. Hes a gentleman, I talked with him a lot of times. Im so happy to fight with him, because he likes to fight, (hes) not afraid. Because if you fight with one guy whos afraid of you, its hard because theres no action."

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...=8670&zoneid=2
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-01-2009, 03:25 AM
Josh
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
it's true - at least to wanderlei

here is his response to anderson training franklin




Its smart, because Silva has a lot of techniques, he told MMAWeekly.com on Monday. Its possible for him to train with who he wants. For me, it doesnt matter, because Im going to beat him. Its possible he could train with Mike Tyson Im going to beat him.
Its a professional time for MMA, and everybody needs to go to the best place for having the best options. Maybe Anderson is a good option for him, because Anderson beat him two times.

Silva prides himself on an open door policy at his gym and says Franklin is still welcome.

My gyms professional, he continued. The guys dont need to use my flag to train here. Its possible a guy comes, trains, and uses his flag. Its a professional gym its open for all.

Of bigger concern are fighters who arent serious about their training.

I just dont want the bad guys, the guys in bad condition, he said. Outside here I dont like the guys drinking, going to the nightclub, the guys smoking. No. These guys I dont want. But the professional guys, in good condition, in good fighters no problem.

Silva says hes still building a fight team for his gym, and its a work in progress. In the mean time, hes preparing for Franklin, and unconcerned whether Anderson will pass on any secrets.

He explained he wanted to come train here after the fight, no problem, said Silva. Hes a gentleman, I talked with him a lot of times. Im so happy to fight with him, because he likes to fight, (hes) not afraid. Because if you fight with one guy whos afraid of you, its hard because theres no action."

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...=8670&zoneid=2
I love it.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-01-2009, 03:36 AM
xSubmission
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
It's more ment keep the belt in brazilian hands not really the actual location of the belt.

And that is the mentality I spoke to Royler Gracie about it a couple weeks ago.
Wow Crisco you have some common sense ^^
unlike some other people on this thread
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-01-2009, 04:21 AM
Hughes_GOAT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

USA, USA, USA......and Israel!!!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-01-2009, 04:40 AM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
I train uner Brazilian and I love BJJ but I can't stand a vast majority of Brazilian competitors.

I hate to generalize but the ones I've met are dirty fighters and sore losers.
Semi true.
All stereotypes/generalizations come from some sort of truth.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-01-2009, 04:57 AM
que
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
I train uner Brazilian and I love BJJ but I can't stand a vast majority of Brazilian competitors.

I hate to generalize but the ones I've met are dirty fighters and sore losers.
that is an unfair and stereotyping comment. care to share the names of these brazilian fighters that we might know that we can prove are dirty as you claim they are? maybe from your limited experience training under brazilian in your BJJ gym, they happen to be dirty in your opinion. but if you trained any other martial art with any other majority race i guarantee you would eventually see the same dirty fighters anywhere you go, no matter what country they are from.

from my experience i have met more dirty/sore losers that happen to be white/black/asian than brazilians, in fact. not all brazilians are sore losers just because you happen to train with sore losers at your BJJ gym. maybe your gym is just full of sore losers. that sucks.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.