Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-01-2009, 04:06 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorlion
give the man a chance, if he truely is born again as he claims by the resurecction of Christ, providing he seeks God while in office who could be more qualified???

Moses??? Joshua????Paul???

Old 02-01-2009, 05:10 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorlion
so what happened to all authority is given by God. john 19:11

shouldnt we be praying for Obama; rather than criticise and point fingers saying he is not qualified.

give the man a chance, if he truely is born again as he claims by the resurecction of Christ, providing he seeks God while in office who could be more qualified???

Moses??? Joshua????Paul???
I believe that Obama is a church-goes, but I don't think he's a Christian. And he's way too wishy-washy and pluralistic, when he talks about his faith, for me to believe that he is born-again.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:13 AM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
I believe that Obama is a church-goes, but I don't think he's a Christian. And he's way too wishy-washy and pluralistic, when he talks about his faith, for me to believe that he is born-again.
well, i am not an expert, but can you really be a Christian if you are pro-choice?
Old 02-01-2009, 05:23 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
well, i am not an expert, but can you really be a Christian if you are pro-choice?
Well, I wouldn't necessarily say it disqualifies someone from being a Christian, but it is a HUUUUGE red flag.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:31 AM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Well, I wouldn't necessarily say it disqualifies someone from being a Christian, but it is a HUUUUGE red flag.
Again, I am not an expert, but Thou Shalt not Kill ...

Is condoning it not the same thing??? Again, not challenging you, just looking for clarification
Old 02-01-2009, 05:44 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Again, I am not an expert, but Thou Shalt not Kill ...

Is condoning it not the same thing??? Again, not challenging you, just looking for clarification
There are those few people who hate abortion and would never have one; but don't believe it is their place to tell someone else they can't have an abortion. I don't necessarily understand that mindset, but there are people in my church like that who I still believe are Christians.

Honestly, I think it's more of a cowardly stance (similar to the German citizens who were silent even though they knew of the Nazi death camps); but being afraid to stand up for your morals and values doesn't disqualify you from being a Christian.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:14 AM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
There are those few people who hate abortion and would never have one; but don't believe it is their place to tell someone else they can't have an abortion. I don't necessarily understand that mindset, but there are people in my church like that who I still believe are Christians.

Honestly, I think it's more of a cowardly stance (similar to the German citizens who were silent even though they knew of the Nazi death camps); but being afraid to stand up for your morals and values doesn't disqualify you from being a Christian.
i hear ya ... just sounds like a cop out to me ... it would be like someone saying, well being a pedophile is a sin, but what people do behind their own doors is their business ...

a sin is a sin and condoning it is also a sin .. NO?
Old 02-01-2009, 06:28 AM
Administrator

Quote:
i hear ya ... just sounds like a cop out to me ... it would be like someone saying, well being a pedophile is a sin, but what people do behind their own doors is their business ...

a sin is a sin and condoning it is also a sin .. NO?
Actually, yes. If you read Ezekiel chapter 9, it tells of angels who were called forth to punish the city of Jerusalem. One angel was sent out to place a mark on the foreheads of anyone who wept or even just sighed at the injustices and sins being committed in the city. The rest of the angels went through the city with battle axes and slaughtered everyone who didn't have a mark on their forehead. So yes, in GOD's eyes, someone who is complacent and turns a blind eye to the sins of others is just as guilty as the people committing the sins.

I believe that Christians who are pro-choice are essentially cowards or have been deceived by the lies of this world and they will answer for their ignorance.

Although, Lot was guilty of the same sin while living in Sodom and Gomorrah and GOD rescued him and his family before destroying the cities. So, complacency doesn't necessarily disqualify someone from being a Christian, but it is going to bring some harsh judgement down upon them.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:17 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Erm...opening talks with Iran...thats an accomplishment not managed by several of his predeccessors..Historically I dont think its happened since 1970s...Bush wanted to...but didnt get very far.

Obama has not done anything in terms of opening talks with Iran, nor will he get much farther than any other president in my opinion. All he did was make a statement that basically said he is willing to work with Iran, and then Iran shot back and said WE need to apologize for decades of treating them badly. Sorry, but Iran can get bent. They are a huge part of the worlds problems, and America does not owe them anything.

I do agree with Nate that Obama and Biden have overstated the severity of this crisis. It does take time to see how policies will pan out, so it's too early to say one way or the other if Obama's plan will work. However, I think that this new "economic stimulus package" will be filled with a bunch of useless left-wing pork spending. I am rooting for Obama to succeed, for the good of our great nation, but I am just not sure I believe his plan will achieve all he is claiming it will.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:26 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake

Obama has not done anything in terms of opening talks with Iran, nor will he get much farther than any other president in my opinion. All he did was make a statement that basically said he is willing to work with Iran, and then Iran shot back and said WE need to apologize for decades of treating them badly. Sorry, but Iran can get bent. They are a huge part of the worlds problems, and America does not owe them anything.

I do agree with Nate that Obama and Biden have overstated the severity of this crisis. It does take time to see how policies will pan out, so it's too early to say one way or the other if Obama's plan will work. However, I think that this new "economic stimulus package" will be filled with a bunch of useless left-wing pork spending. I am rooting for Obama to succeed, for the good of our great nation, but I am just not sure I believe his plan will achieve all he is claiming it will.
No, I believe he's opened direct talks.

This means him, or his envoys will be able to talk directly to the Irainians..how America ever thinks it can solve anything without at least being able to talk to the Enemy I dont know.