Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 01-30-2009, 01:51 AM
Josh

I honestly can't believe the things people do. I can't even think of a fitting punishment for murdering ones child. Death is not good enough. I guess I just have to remember that vengence is the Lord's.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:18 PM
Twinsmama

I can not believe that someone thought that killing their children was okay. If they lost their jobs they should both get unemployement and would probably qualify for food stamps or something. there is always some way to make things work. Times are tough for everyone with or without a job right now. I do not have money to buy my kids a toy everytime we go to town. We don't eat out. But we have each other. Family is the most important thing. When I 'm stressing I just look at my kids who are so innocent and they laugh no matter what.

On another note do you guys think someone who commits suicide will go to heaven? I'm not very religious but I do not think that suicide will take you to heaven. If this man and/or woman committed suicide I don't think they will be with their children in heaven.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:22 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsmama
On another note do you guys think someone who commits suicide will go to heaven? I'm not very religious but I do not think that suicide will take you to heaven. If this man and/or woman committed suicide I don't think they will be with their children in heaven.
I dont know, is the honnest answer, I dont think so, if I'm being truthful, but I hope that GOD can forgive Suicide, particularly if it involves Christians.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsmama
There's no biblical basis for saying that someone who commits suicide will not go to Heaven. Salvation doesn't work that way. Once you get saved, you are forgiven of all sins past, present, and future. Suicide is essentially murder of oneself and GOD forgives murderers. Moses committed murder before GOD chose him to lead Israel out of Egypt. David would be considered a mass-murderer by our standards today and GOD referred to him as "a man after My own heart."

Now, I doubt that the Holy Spirit would allow a true, born-again Christian to commit suicide. So, it could almost be said that someone who is successful in committing suicide was probably never a true Christian to begin with; but that's just my opinion.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:43 PM
Stump Rules!

I think youre forgetting about the mentally ill.They can be Christians and be too sick to stop themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
There's no biblical basis for saying that someone who commits suicide will not go to Heaven. Salvation doesn't work that way. Once you get saved, you are forgiven of all sins past, present, and future. Suicide is essentially murder of oneself and GOD forgives murderers. Moses committed murder before GOD chose him to lead Israel out of Egypt. David would be considered a mass-murderer by our standards today and GOD referred to him as "a man after My own heart."

Now, I doubt that the Holy Spirit would allow a true, born-again Christian to commit suicide. So, it could almost be said that someone who is successful in committing suicide was probably never a true Christian to begin with; but that's just my opinion.

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 01-30-2009, 04:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
I think youre forgetting about the mentally ill.They can be Christians and be too sick to stop themselves.
True, then you also have to take into account the instances where suicide is considered heroic. For instance, a soldier throwing himself on a grenade to save the lives of his buddies.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:08 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
True, then you also have to take into account the instances where suicide is considered heroic. For instance, a soldier throwing himself on a grenade to save the lives of his buddies.
I wouldnt class that as Suicide.

Suicide is when you kill yourself, not when you are killed by something involving an outside factor you cant help. Essentially, the Soldier does not kill himself, the Enemy kills him. Thats the difference between Sacrifice and Suicide.

There is the unforgivable sin of Blasphemy against the Spirit which is not well defined. I just wonder if thats Sucide...what can be worse then ending a life given you as a gift? Its more then Murder IMHO.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I wouldnt class that as Suicide.

Suicide is when you kill yourself, not when you are killed by something involving an outside factor you cant help. Essentially, the Soldier does not kill himself, the Enemy kills him. Thats the difference between Sacrifice and Suicide.

There is the unforgivable sin of Blasphemy against the Spirit which is not well defined. I just wonder if thats Sucide...what can be worse then ending a life given you as a gift? Its more then Murder IMHO.
The Bible is pretty clear about what the unpardonable sin is and it's not suicide. It's when someone feels the leading and urging of the Holy Spirit in their life and claims that it is something evil, that's the unpardonable sin. Once they have reached that point, where they believe the Holy Spirit is evil, then it's impossible for them to get saved.

The unpardonable sin is not GOD's unwillingness to forgive, because there is no sin that GOD won't forgive, it's the unwillingness of an individual to accept forgiveness.

Basically, if you are a born-again Christian, then you can't commit the unpardonable sin.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:29 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
The Bible is pretty clear about what the unpardonable sin is and it's not suicide. It's when someone feels the leading and urging of the Holy Spirit in their life and claims that it is something evil, that's the unpardonable sin. Once they have reached that point, where they believe the Holy Spirit is evil, then it's impossible for them to get saved.

The unpardonable sin is not GOD's unwillingness to forgive, because there is no sin that GOD won't forgive, it's the unwillingness of an individual to accept forgiveness.

Basically, if you are a born-again Christian, then you can't commit the unpardonable sin.
So who can committ this sin? People who have always accepted Christ as the Saviour? I get what you are saying, but don't understand the born-again apart ...
Old 01-30-2009, 05:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
So who can committ this sin? People who have always accepted Christ as the Saviour? I get what you are saying, but don't understand the born-again apart ...
Only non-Christians and unsaved Christians can commit this sin. Born-again Christians cannot.

A born-again Christian is someone who has essentially sold themselves out for GOD. As Paul put it, they have become slaves to GOD. They understand that GOD comes first, before their spouses, their children, their families, their selves, their country... everyone. When they attend church, they do so because they want to, not out of some fear of retribution if they skip a Sunday.

Unsaved Christians, are the traditional Christians. They go to church and follow the basic tenants of the religion, but they have never made a commitment to GOD, thus they put themselves, their families, their goals and their personal priorities before GOD. These tend to be the legalistic Christians who get bogged down in rules and traditions.