Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 01-29-2009, 04:32 AM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,490
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Erm...opening talks with Iran...thats an accomplishment not managed by several of his predeccessors..Historically I dont think its happened since 1970s...Bush wanted to...but didnt get very far.

Well, he did open talks and guess how that went? Iran said 'bugger off, we ain't gonna quit making nuclear weapons and you can't make us.'

Yeah, Obama.



Erm...on the Guantanamo thing...people are already moving on this...England went mad at some European Countries saying that they should have some space...and in the United States there has been talk about...Alcatraz being a suitable site for a prison specifically for Guantanamo lifers...THATS not just talk...thats pretty much more then the amount of action you would expect in a week


Bush had already started this. Obama only put a time limit on it. So, it is yet to be seen if he can accomplish this or not. Although Obama don't mind taking the credit.

Quote:
Obama urged Muslims to judge him by his actions, pointing to the decision to close the Guantanamo Bay detention center, where detainees in the U.S. war on terror are held.

and how is Appointing New Envoys all talk and no action? they've already started, we know this because Tony Blair is still out there, and now has to work with/under them...He's spoken about that already.

Its only the first week...what do you expect...Miracles

Well, I did kinda expect miracles.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-29-2009, 04:52 AM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker
Yeah.. he is qualified.. cause of what he said.. his promises.. his marketing machine...

just cause he won a popularity contest doesn't mean he is qualified..

The American people made a serious mistake.. a mistake that we will be paying for, for years to come.
QFT
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-29-2009, 04:56 AM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,490
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default Here is what Obama said about Iran before

Here is what Obama said about Iran before.......

Quote:

March 3, 2007

BY DAVE NEWBART Staff Reporter


Sen. Barack Obama said Friday the use of military force should not be taken off the table when dealing with Iran, which he called "a threat to all of us."





While he was being attacked in Washington, Obama was in friendly territory in Chicago as he appeared at a forum attended by 800 members of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, an influential pro-Israel lobby. He received a standing ovation from the crowd and a hug from one of the group's leaders.


Obama said global leaders must do whatever it takes to stop Iran from enriching uranium and acquiring nuclear weapons. He called Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad "reckless, irresponsible and inattentive" to the day-to-day needs of the Iranian people.

The Iranian "regime is a threat to all of us," Obama said. While Obama wouldn't rule out force, he said the United States should engage in "aggressive diplomacy combined with tough sanctions" to prevent Iran from becoming a nuclear threat.

Quote:
2009
The Bush administration had pushed for new U.N. sanctions on Iran for failing to suspend a uranium enrichment program.
The United States and Western powers suspect Iran is trying to produce nuclear arms. Iran says its plans are peaceful.



Quote:
(AGI) - Teheran, 28 Jan. - Despite openings announced by US president Barack Obama, Iran will not halt its nuclear programme. Sources within the presidency made the announcement.

During an interview in Teheran's government offices, Ahmadinejad's counsellor Aliakbar Javanfekr stated that Iran has no intention of stopping its nuclear activities, which are "peaceful and controlled by IAEA". To those citing the UN resolution asking for the suspension of uranium enriching activities, Javanfekr replied that "we are past that stage. We rejected the resolutions, which were developed under US pressure. We work in the context of international laws". He also defined sanctions imposed on Iran as "ineffective".
Man! Does anyone listen to the UN anymore?





.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-29-2009, 01:49 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 17,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Well, the "conservative press" is kind of outnumbered here. We only have Fox News as far as television coverage and for the most part, they are cautiously optimistic about Obama's presidency but more than a little skeptical about his economic plan. Basically because history has proven that trying to borrow and spend your way out of a recession never works and runs the risk of collapsing the nation's entire economy.
Yes...I dont like his plans for the Economy, because I think he's just going to flood the market with fresh money and reduce the dollars worth even more...then hyper inflation...that kinda thing hit Europe in the Great Depression...if that happened in the United States it would bugger up the entire world Economy for maybe a generation so I was hearing by someone whose a stockmarket guy in London

There is no need to be outnumbered...if Republicans seriously feel there are no conservative outletts for news...they should create some. Its no good complaining that the news is always liberal, when no Republicans are actually offering an ulternative channel...See Liberals tend to shout...if you want your voice to be heard...you really got to shout aswell IMHO
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-29-2009, 01:57 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 17,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker
Yeah.. he is qualified.. cause of what he said.. his promises.. his marketing machine...

just cause he won a popularity contest doesn't mean he is qualified..

The American people made a serious mistake.. a mistake that we will be paying for, for years to come.
Thats alright...because your consitution says the American people are always right.

You speak about his "marketing machine" as if its easy to do. Could you market yourself well enough with no qualifications to get ellected to the Oval Office

I dont think some people realize that Obama utilized the Internet, and that takes time and takes effort. It may be an illusion, but it takes a lot of effort to create that illusion...if it were easy then thousands of people like Obama would already have been ellected.

IF he can fool the public enough to be ellected, through clever marketting and skillful planning....perhaps he can do similar to shut your enemies down? Have you realized that just today by doing NOTHING, Obama had a minor Victory against Russia?

Obama has said he is going to continue with Starwars...but because he's offered talks with Iran...Well all of a sudden, the Russians are removing the Missiles THEY were deploying near the Eastern Boundary...in the hopes that Obama will talk TO THEM ASWELL

Now...I'm sorry you dont see that as progress...but knowing how to manipluate people..is a skill, and can be useful if the manipulator is on yourside. He might not be Qualified in terms of record...but if he's able to play the deplomat so well he can bring progress...that will profit America and slow down Terrorism...well..Isnt that a good thing...and shouldnt you be glad he's YOUR president...and NOT the Russian or Irainian Premier?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-29-2009, 05:47 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Thats alright...because your consitution says the American people are always right.
Actually, that's not true. The Founding Fathers knew that, historically, democracies are always doomed to fail, which is why they made sure that America was NOT a democracy. We are a republic.

The Presidency isn't decided by popular vote, it's decided by the Electoral College. The popular vote is simply used as a guide for the Electoral College to go by.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-29-2009, 05:58 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 17,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Actually, that's not true. The Founding Fathers knew that, historically, democracies are always doomed to fail, which is why they made sure that America was NOT a democracy. We are a republic.

The Presidency isn't decided by popular vote, it's decided by the Electoral College. The popular vote is simply used as a guide for the Electoral College to go by.
Well in that case you just shot your self in the foot didnt you Nathan.

I claimed he won by popularity, in which case you can blame the foolish citizens...but if your saying the Electoral College voted him (people you vote, to vote for you because they are supposed to know best) then...he really MUST be qualified

Btw...I thought that actually in the United States they have both systems in opporation at the same time, and in some states the Electoral College vote is biased because you have to be able to vote for all choices, and they arent always even are they? or they exclude some areas or something.

Funny how your government uses the word "Democrasy" rather then "Republic" they dont spread Republics around, they build Democrasy...and yet, they arent completely democratic themselves are they (I dont mean in the way of the Democratic party there....very confusing )
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-29-2009, 06:16 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Well in that case you just shot your self in the foot didnt you Nathan.

I claimed he won by popularity, in which case you can blame the foolish citizens...but if your saying the Electoral College voted him (people you vote, to vote for you because they are supposed to know best) then...he really MUST be qualified
That's some bizarre logic you got going there, Dave. In this case, I believe the system either broke down or has been corrupted.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-30-2009, 12:30 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 17,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
That's some bizarre logic you got going there, Dave. In this case, I believe the system either broke down or has been corrupted.


Truth be told...I dont quite understand how the Electoral College runs in its entireity

We just tick the box for who we want to win In England...its that simple



Do you know I found a fascinating thing about about Nazi Germany today. Did you know that the Resistance had decided on a new Government that they were going to put into place after the Wolfslair bomb killed Hitler.

Did you know it included members from many political parties. The Senior Military people who was Nazi, some Religious Catholic group, A centralist party...heck the moment Hitler died they were ready to recruit as the last person on their cabinate Mr Speer who was SS!

The only party they completely ignored...was the Commies
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-30-2009, 02:06 AM
lyndsey823
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

this is a disgusting story. coward.

however, it especially creeps me out because my boyfriend is also named Ervin and he lost his job in early January for getting in an argument with an administrator at the hospital we both work at here in town. as long as i have my job, i guess i am safe!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.