Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 01-28-2009, 09:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Yeah...but I'm sick of you NOT giving him a chance. You want to blame him for some suicidal nutjob that offed his family coz he lost his job, on the fact Obama has made a few speeches saying that its hard times???????

I'll tell you what he's done in his first week. He's closing down Guantanamo, in accordance with both International Law and the Law of The United States...he's also appointed new Envoys to the Middle-east, and he's opened DIRECT talks with Iran....and He's frozen the pay of the Congress ministers until he can irradicate sleaze, and to bring them inline with the rest of the workers in this world.

Sounds like he's done good so far.
Again, all promises and talk for right now, not actual accomplishments. There's a difference.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:21 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Again, all promises and talk for right now, not actual accomplishments. There's a difference.
Erm...opening talks with Iran...thats an accomplishment not managed by several of his predeccessors..Historically I dont think its happened since 1970s...Bush wanted to...but didnt get very far.

Erm...on the Guantanamo thing...people are already moving on this...England went mad at some European Countries saying that they should have some space...and in the United States there has been talk about...Alcatraz being a suitable site for a prison specifically for Guantanamo lifers...THATS not just talk...thats pretty much more then the amount of action you would expect in a week

and how is Appointing New Envoys all talk and no action? they've already started, we know this because Tony Blair is still out there, and now has to work with/under them...He's spoken about that already.

Its only the first week...what do you expect...Miracles
Old 01-28-2009, 09:23 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Erm...opening talks with Iran...thats an accomplishment not managed by several of his predeccessors..Historically I dont think its happened since 1970s...Bush wanted to...but didnt get very far.

Erm...on the Guantanamo thing...people are already moving on this...England went mad at some European Countries saying that they should have some space...and in the United States there has been talk about...Alcatraz being a suitable site for a prison specifically for Guantanamo lifers...THATS not just talk...thats pretty much more then the amount of action you would expect in a week

and how is Appointing New Envoys all talk and no action? they've already started, we know this because Tony Blair is still out there, and now has to work with/under them...He's spoken about that already.

He is the Messiah after all... =PPP

JK. I hope god blesses Obama and he leads us back to prosperity.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:

That's my point, I don't expect miracles. I just wish the press would stop singing his praises every time he draws a breath.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:35 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
That's my point, I don't expect miracles. I just wish the press would stop singing his praises every time he draws a breath.
that's fine, but then the media is to blame not the POTUS ...
Old 01-28-2009, 09:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
that's fine, but then the media is to blame not the POTUS ...
Believe it or not, that's the point I've been trying to make all along. The media simply doesn't give Republicans a fair shake when it comes to fair coverage. They ripped Sarah Palin apart by reporting rumors and outright lies as fact. However, when it was reported that Caroline Kennedy was going to be offered Hilary Clinton's Senate seat, the media gave her a pass even though she had no real experience in elected office.

The media has always had a liberal bias, I understand that, but it has never been as disgustingly blatant as it was during the last Presidential election.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:02 PM
Kix

My heart weeps for these children. Hope to God they are at peace.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:59 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:

What does the republican press say about him....
Old 01-29-2009, 01:07 AM
Administrator

Quote:

What does the republican press say about him....
Well, the "conservative press" is kind of outnumbered here. We only have Fox News as far as television coverage and for the most part, they are cautiously optimistic about Obama's presidency but more than a little skeptical about his economic plan. Basically because history has proven that trying to borrow and spend your way out of a recession never works and runs the risk of collapsing the nation's entire economy.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:31 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Or we could blame it on the fact that Republicans arent working hard enough to put there story across...if all the news is "liberal" and "lies" Where are the Republican outlets???

He IS qualified, because the public voted him there...thats called Democracy

Yeah.. he is qualified.. cause of what he said.. his promises.. his marketing machine...

just cause he won a popularity contest doesn't mean he is qualified..

The American people made a serious mistake.. a mistake that we will be paying for, for years to come.