Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-28-2009, 09:12 PM
atomdanger

Default Anderson Silva (not Thiago) vs Forrest Griffin booked for UFC 101

http://mmamania.com/2009/04/28/ander...d-for-ufc-101/

Quote:
Griffin was previously booked to take on Thiago Silva in the co main event; however, UFC President Dana White made an executive decision to insert the “Spider” instead.

Here’s his reasoning:

“Forrest loved the idea and said he’d do it right away, and Anderson told me he would fight anyone I wanted him to fight, no matter who it is. So we got the deal…. I talked to (a reporter) the day after (UFC 97) and that’s when I started working on this. At the end of the day, it’s my job to put on the kinds of fights that you in the media will like and that the fans will want to see. Silva and Griffin is the kind of fight that even other fighters are going to go crazy for. That’s what I do for a living. I as a fan didn’t like what I saw (at UFC 97) and I wasn’t kidding when I said I wanted to walk out of the building because of how embarrassed I am. But I can tell you this: I’m going to be counting the days until this fight.”
STUPID.
I don't see how this makes any sense, I want AS to defend his MW title against Maia.
What does he have to gain from fighting Forrest?
Old 04-28-2009, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
http://mmamania.com/2009/04/28/ander...d-for-ufc-101/

STUPID.
I don't see how this makes any sense, I want AS to defend his MW title against Maia.
What does he have to gain from fighting Forrest?

We have an interesting action packed fight, both fighters perform well, then all this BS flying around is grounded and then Anderson can go and defend the crown. By that time, either Hendo or Bisping will be ready, and then its game on.

After that Maia, would work out for me!
Old 04-28-2009, 09:24 PM

who has mia beaten to get a title shot anyway?..... chael sonnen?????? lmfao
Old 04-28-2009, 09:24 PM
Josh

What?! This makes no sense. I want to see him fight Maia or Marquardt. Dana needs to go manage pro wrestling.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:27 PM
logrus

Forrest isn't a challenge for the Spider. Only way Dana can give Silva a challenge is if he books a handicap match vs Silva. Silva vs 2 middleweights, naaa 2 light heavyweights.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:31 PM
Crisco

poo on all you guys.

This fight is a Mega fight in the making.

I like seeing Anderson fight and I like seeing Forrest fight. I'll LOVE SEEING them fight eachother.

Anderson has gone on record that he only wants mega fights for the rest of his career.

Maia has not earned the shot yet and Nate got beat by Anderson not too long ago.

This fight does infact make sense and it works in the favor of all the p4p junkies if Anderson wins.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:56 PM

From what Soares said it definetly seems that Anderson only wants big fights.

Super fights lets say, Have to say it somewhat perturbed me the way after Hendo he downplayed the fight and always harks back to Franklin being the greatest champion, the greatest test.

He talks about fighting Fedor, so from that i can really see that fighters like Thales mean very little to him.

Forrest will be good, a rematch with Hendo would be good, and Bisping would be good.

After that, chuck him with anyone, Randy, Rashad, Rampage or any ever R named fighter we can think of!!!!!!!!

Im really starting to think that some upstart needs to KO Anderson or inflict a savage defeat!
Old 04-28-2009, 10:03 PM
rearnakedchoke

this is a good fight ... good job on putting this together
Old 04-28-2009, 10:03 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

This is a good fight. I would not be shocked to see Forrest pull out a victory here.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:08 PM
que

this is what we've all been waiting for since the cote fight. forrest will actually BRING IT and bring it hard, just the kind of fighter that anderson needs and wants. this is going to be intense battle of striking. somebody is getting knocked out.