Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-27-2009, 04:24 PM
que

Default Rich Franklin calls on Anderson Silva to train for Wand

excellent choice, anderson knows first-hand all the weaknesses of wand.

Nothing personal, just business.
Former UFC middleweight champion Rich Franklin is calling on the man who dethroned him, current 185-pound deity Anderson Silva, to help prepare him for Wanderlei Silva at UFC 99 according to the Journal-News.com.
Franklin (24-4) is coming off a split decision loss to Dan Henderson at UFC 93 in a monster 205-pound showdown from the O2 Arena in Dublin, Ireland, back on January 17.
Prior to being edged out by Hendo, “Ace” was perfect inside the Octagon, save for two crushing defeats at the hands of “The Spider” at UFC 77: “Hostile Territory” back in 2007 and UFC 64: “Unstoppable” a year before that.

http://mmamania.com/2009/04/27/rich-...nderlei-silva/
Old 04-27-2009, 04:42 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Awesome!!! Man, I wish I could watch some of those training sessions!!
Old 04-27-2009, 05:04 PM
Krupp

My heart aches for Wandy the more I hear about this match up. I wish to God that somehow Wandy could KO Rich, if only because Rich can bound back with a win and still be around; Wandy doesn't have much time left. I don't wanna see him get KO'd again. I just want to see him win a few more fights.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:45 PM
atomdanger

Wow

that is seriously going to put some fire under Wandy's ass,
I wonder if he still wants Rich to come train with him after this fight now..
Considering the WAR he declared on AS
Old 04-27-2009, 07:49 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krupp
My heart aches for Wandy the more I hear about this match up. I wish to God that somehow Wandy could KO Rich, if only because Rich can bound back with a win and still be around; Wandy doesn't have much time left. I don't wanna see him get KO'd again. I just want to see him win a few more fights.
I'd like to see a Wandy vs Chuck esp fight. Where it was a bad ass and even though Wandy lost he didn't really look like a loser because it was such an awesome fing fight.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:53 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krupp
I can't imagine Rich knocking Wandy out...
Maybe a tko... maybe...

He hasn't KOed anybody since Nate Quarry, and for some reason people talk about his knock out power. I don't get it
Old 04-27-2009, 07:57 PM
Maldonado136

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
Maybe a tko... maybe...

He hasn't KOed anybody since Nate Quarry, and for some reason people talk about his knock out power. I don't get it
well for me i just think rich is more technical on the feet. i think wanderlei will go crazy like he always does and he'll leave himself open and possibly get caught. i wouldnt be saying this if silva still uses his knees like he did in pride but for some reason he never knees anyone anymore.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:59 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136
well for me i just think rich is more technical on the feet. i think wanderlei will go crazy like he always does and he'll leave himself open and possibly get caught. i wouldnt be saying this if silva still uses his knees like he did in pride but for some reason he never knees anyone anymore.
Oh I don't doubt Rich will land shots,
I just don't think they will be KO shots.

I wish Wandy would use more of his ground game.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:19 AM
David_Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
Maybe a tko... maybe...

I can see Rich Ko'ing Wandy with a head kick, actually, I think that's a very good possibility.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:04 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Wandy will be on Rich like the Swine Flu on Mexicans.