Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 02-03-2009, 04:41 PM
CAVEMAN
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

This should not surprise anyone! Funding abortions with tax payers money is just the beginning! Read below:

Obama demands 10% defense cuts

by Jerome R. Corsi
WorldNetDaily.com

The Obama administration asked the militaryís Joint Chiefs of Staff to cut the Pentagon budget for fiscal year 2010 by $55 billion, more than 10 percent of last yearís $512 billion defense budget.

The announcement came late Friday, following a meeting at the White House between President Obama and Admiral Mike Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs, Gen. James Cartwright, vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs, and Gen. Jim Jones, chairman of the National Security Council, according to a Fox News report.

The White House website appears to have no published notice of the Obama directive, nor was there any explanation from the White House how the proposed cuts might affect our military in the field in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The proposed cuts in the military budget come as the Obama administrationís $825 billion economic stimulus plan goes to the Senate after passing the House last week without a single Republican vote.

In contrast, Obamaís economic stimulus plan has $314 billion allocated to favorite Democratic Party social welfare program and political causes, according to a list prepared by the Director Blue blog:

$83 billion in welfare payments (the earned income credit for people who donít pay income tax)

$81 billion for Medicaid(which will fund abortions)

$86 billion on education, more than the entire Department of Education required just ten years ago

$36 billion for expanded unemployment benefits

$20 billion for food stamps

$8 billion on renewable energy projects

$7 billion for modernizing federal buildings and facilities

$6 billion on urban transit systems

$2 billion for child-care subsidies

$1 billion for Amtrak

$650 million for digital TV conversion coupons

$600 million on new cars for government

$400 million for global-warming research

$50 million for the National Endowment for the Arts In a campaign video viewed over half a million times on YouTube.com, Democratic presidential candidate Obama vowed to cut military spending if he were elected president.

"I will cut tens of billions of dollars in wasteful spending," Obama says on the video. "I will cut investments in unproven missile defense systems. I will not weaponize space. I will slow our development of future combat systems and I will institute an independent defense priorities board to insure that the quadrennial defense review is not used to justify unnecessary spending."
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 02-03-2009, 04:45 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,912
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN
"I will cut investments in unproven missile defense systems. I will not weaponize space. I will slow our development of future combat systems and I will institute an independent defense priorities board to insure that the quadrennial defense review is not used to justify unnecessary spending."
thats a dissapointment
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-03-2009, 06:23 PM
CAVEMAN
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
thats a dissapointment
Yes it is! And unfortunately, this is probably the 1st of many cuts in military defense. I would not be surprised if there is another attack here on American soil within the year!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-03-2009, 06:45 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,912
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN
Yes it is! And unfortunately, this is probably the 1st of many cuts in military defense. I would not be surprised if there is another attack here on American soil within the year!
Thats not my worry...I dont think direct spending on the MILITARY stops Terrorist attacks...thats more to do with intelligence spending.

no...my worry is that he's gonna stall Starwars...I'd hate to think that he's put an idea into other peoples heads, other who may want to generate weaponary in space...and not for protection...I mean...Russia for example.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-03-2009, 07:57 PM
Moose
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Thats not my worry...I dont think direct spending on the MILITARY stops Terrorist attacks...thats more to do with intelligence spending.

no...my worry is that he's gonna stall Starwars...I'd hate to think that he's put an idea into other peoples heads, other who may want to generate weaponary in space...and not for protection...I mean...Russia for example.
Starwars is a really, really bad idea.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 02-03-2009, 09:14 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,912
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
Starwars is a really, really bad idea.
Lets put it this way Moose

if the Starwars Shield was to be a forgone conclusion...which country would you rather own it first?

Would you rather be able to have complete coverage of Europe and at least a view on the Middle East, China and Russia. It could...could...possibly be used for an attack...but probably only used for defence.

OR

Would you rather Russia, China or...some middle eastern Country have that kinda power?

Starwars is already Huge...I live in Harrogate...Menwith Hill Airforce Base is one of the props for your Coverage of Europe. In order to extend your coverage you need to be able to plant props in a country closer to the landmass you want to have coverage of...at least the U.S ASKS...I could see Russia invaiding in order to plant props.

Forgive me for saying...I'd rather live under the threat of an American war, then that or a Russian war...do you follow? if someone has to have Weaponary in space, GOD grant it be our allies BEFORE our enemies
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02-03-2009, 11:48 PM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN
This should not surprise anyone! Funding abortions with tax payers money is just the beginning! Read below:

Obama demands 10% defense cuts

by Jerome R. Corsi
WorldNetDaily.com

The Obama administration asked the militaryís Joint Chiefs of Staff to cut the Pentagon budget for fiscal year 2010 by $55 billion, more than 10 percent of last yearís $512 billion defense budget.

The announcement came late Friday, following a meeting at the White House between President Obama and Admiral Mike Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs, Gen. James Cartwright, vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs, and Gen. Jim Jones, chairman of the National Security Council, according to a Fox News report.

The White House website appears to have no published notice of the Obama directive, nor was there any explanation from the White House how the proposed cuts might affect our military in the field in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The proposed cuts in the military budget come as the Obama administrationís $825 billion economic stimulus plan goes to the Senate after passing the House last week without a single Republican vote.

In contrast, Obamaís economic stimulus plan has $314 billion allocated to favorite Democratic Party social welfare program and political causes, according to a list prepared by the Director Blue blog:

$83 billion in welfare payments (the earned income credit for people who donít pay income tax)

$81 billion for Medicaid(which will fund abortions)

$86 billion on education, more than the entire Department of Education required just ten years ago

$36 billion for expanded unemployment benefits

$20 billion for food stamps

$8 billion on renewable energy projects

$7 billion for modernizing federal buildings and facilities

$6 billion on urban transit systems

$2 billion for child-care subsidies

$1 billion for Amtrak

$650 million for digital TV conversion coupons

$600 million on new cars for government

$400 million for global-warming research

$50 million for the National Endowment for the Arts In a campaign video viewed over half a million times on YouTube.com, Democratic presidential candidate Obama vowed to cut military spending if he were elected president.

"I will cut tens of billions of dollars in wasteful spending," Obama says on the video. "I will cut investments in unproven missile defense systems. I will not weaponize space. I will slow our development of future combat systems and I will institute an independent defense priorities board to insure that the quadrennial defense review is not used to justify unnecessary spending."
So very sad isn't!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 02-04-2009, 12:06 AM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

In reality a LOT of people do need to have less children.
There are wayy too many people having children they can't, or won't care for.

That is just a fact, I do not know how you could think that is sick.
When people have kids they don't care for, it costs US a lot of money, US,
not the dead beat parents, but US.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 02-04-2009, 12:07 AM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
I didn't read the article but I'm all for the poor having fewer babies.

If you can't afford to take care of them without government assistance, then don't have babies. Use birth control. I'm tired of paying for other people's babies.
EXACTLY
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 02-04-2009, 12:52 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

If a Woman don't want kids in most cases She can keep her Skirt down! Buying contraceptives and abortions with Tax money is not likely to stimulate the Economy.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.