Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 01-29-2009, 05:01 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F
I think Dave was speaking in future terms. Killing babies now would make less workers for the future. I agree with you 100%, no more free rides.
I was...but I see her point aswell...which is why I made reference to parents on benefits with trillions of kids....why work
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-29-2009, 05:09 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt
while we are talking about it, can someone please explain people's rage against welfare and medicare, but not the school system?

I'm tired of paying for a school system for other people's kids. I don't have kids in school, why should my taxes be paying for it. In fact the schools are so bad, i won't be sending my kids to them anyways.

So as far as i am concerned the school system is one giant welfare system too. People should pay for their kids educations. Actually I understand helping with food and health, but education is not a right, in anyone's interpretation.
Thats interesting.

Its in the interests of National Security and the Economy to educate people. See in England its illegal not to send your children to school...heck, the parents can end up in court if their children skip class to often! Better education opens more possiblities (hence Economy) and makes people more aware....I know its a stereotype but the figures are that crime rates and stuff soar in areas of low education...partly because they have nothing better to do, know no differently, and are unable to live without illegally gaining food. If you are uneducated, you cant get a job, if you have no job, you have no money, if you have no money...how do you eat without involving yourself in theaft of some kind??

So perhaps you should think of it as paying for a certain level of low crime, I'm sure crimes are bad...but with no education they would be far worse
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-30-2009, 09:59 PM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt
while we are talking about it, can someone please explain people's rage against welfare and medicare, but not the school system?

I'm tired of paying for a school system for other people's kids. I don't have kids in school, why should my taxes be paying for it. In fact the schools are so bad, i won't be sending my kids to them anyways.

So as far as i am concerned the school system is one giant welfare system too. People should pay for their kids educations. Actually I understand helping with food and health, but education is not a right, in anyone's interpretation.
I agree. I am against Public schools as well and I think parents should be charged tuition for the use of them. That way only the people using them pay for it. Truth is most taxes paid for schools do not come from the majority using the service. And you are right on a federal level education is not a right, however state levels almost ever state has it as a constitutional right that is why there a schools at the jails.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-30-2009, 10:15 PM
Preach
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Boy I am so happy with this new administration
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-30-2009, 10:35 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preach
Boy I am so happy with this new administration
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-30-2009, 11:11 PM
hizo64
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preach
Boy I am so happy with this new administration
Please tell me that was sarcasm....
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-30-2009, 11:16 PM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

you think that is bad here is the result of their economic stimulus.

H.R. 1 is the largest pork barrel spending bill in the history of our country. President Obama has said this bill will create four million new jobs. President Obama is under the impression that we can spend our way out of debt! That's like thinking an alcoholic can drink his way to sobriety!

Examples:

$20 million "for the removal of small- to medium-sized fish passage barriers." (Pg. 45 of Senate Appropriations Committee report: "20,000,000 for the removal of small- to medium-sized fish passage barriers)

$400 million for STD prevention (Pg. 60 of Senate Appropriations Committee report: "CDC estimates that a proximately 19 million new STD infections occur annually in the United States ...The Committee has included $400,000,000 for testing and prevention of these conditions.")

$25 million to rehabilitate off-roading (ATV) trails (Pg. 45 of Senate Appropriations Committee report: "$25,000,000 is for recreation maintenance, especially for rehabilitation of off-road vehicle routes, and $20,000,000 is for trail maintenance and restoration")

$34 million to remodel the Department of Commerce HQ (Pg. 15 of Senate Appropriations Committee report: $34,000,000 for the Department of Commerce renovation and modernization")

$70 million to "Support Supercomputing Activities" for climate research (Pgs. 14-15 of Senate Appropriations Committee Report: $70,000,000 is directed to specifically support supercomputing activities, especially as they relate to climate research)

$150 million for honey bee insurance (Pg. 102 of Senate Appropriations Committee report: "The Secretary shall use up to $ 50,000,000 per year, and $150,000,000 in the case of 2009, from the Trust Fund to provide emergency relief to eligible producers of livestock, honey bees, and farm-raised fish to aid in the reduction of losses due to disease, adverse weather, or other conditions, such as blizzards and wildfires, as determined by the Secretary")
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-31-2009, 12:09 AM
Preach
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hizo64
Please tell me that was sarcasm....
Yes you dont know how good you had it till you get what we have now
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-31-2009, 02:20 AM
adamt adamt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Thats interesting.

Its in the interests of National Security and the Economy to educate people. See in England its illegal not to send your children to school...heck, the parents can end up in court if their children skip class to often! Better education opens more possiblities (hence Economy) and makes people more aware....I know its a stereotype but the figures are that crime rates and stuff soar in areas of low education...partly because they have nothing better to do, know no differently, and are unable to live without illegally gaining food. If you are uneducated, you cant get a job, if you have no job, you have no money, if you have no money...how do you eat without involving yourself in theaft of some kind??

So perhaps you should think of it as paying for a certain level of low crime, I'm sure crimes are bad...but with no education they would be far worse

It was a bit tongue in cheek when i said it. I see it a different way, i don't think low education causes criminals. I think people who are criminals are going to be one way or the other, and they refuse to get an education. Low education does not cause criminalaity, criminals refuse to be educated. And congregate in areas of like minded, low motivated people.


Now back to what I think. I think if parents had to pay tuition or at least an equal share of school taxes, they would make their kids take advantage of what they paid for. It's like if I make a fruit cake I'll eat on it til it's gone, even if it takes a month, but if my in-laws send me one, I might eat some on it til it gets old, but I won't feel too bad about throwing it out, when i get tired of it.

Also, why should farmers and business owners pay for all the education? Especially on property that i still owe on? My land and buildings aren't nearly paid for, but I still have to pay as much as some guy who got the land give to him by a rich uncle.

But my original thought was---- Education is as much welfare as medicaid and food stamps is. The only thing is, is that more people take advantage of education instead of food stamps, so they don't want to admit they're on welfare.

Criminals are not because of lack of education, its because of lack of morals. We get in more trouble by making the criminals smarter.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-31-2009, 03:29 AM
huan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Doesn't anyone remember when this slime opened her mouth during election season when she decided to speak on behalf the entire Catholic Church?

"Catholic" Speaker Pelosi Denies that Catholicism Condemns Abortion:
http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2008/aug/08082502.html

The backlash from a few Catholic leaders was brilliant, but of course the mainstream media ignored this and went right on praising Obama day in and day out...

On inauguration day Rick Warren said "Dr. King and a great cloud of witnesses are shouting in heaven." during his widely televised prayer.

Personally I am asking myself what Dr. King and any other witnesses in heaven might actually be shouting now that we have elected the most anti-life administration in the history of our country. Just this past week Obama signed an executive order which inevitably sentences a countless number of babies to their death before they are even given a chance at the basic freedoms guaranteed by our Constitution.

These are sad times...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.