Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 04-29-2009, 08:38 PM
xSubmission
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorlion
actually I think its more that your casual usage of something that is very serious and very very painful for a large number of people that should have never had to face the situation has actually offend people here.

Your ignorance of the subject is not considered figurative, its down right insulting.

Thats the issue here I think, at least from my point of view
So...because i used the word once on here your going to assume i use the word "casually"? I'm sorry but its the best word i came up with to describe what UFC did to Pride
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 04-29-2009, 08:44 PM
Jonlion's Avatar
Jonlion Jonlion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
Probably one of my least favorite descriptors. That, 'beast' and 'owned' all suck equally.

"owned" really irritates me as a concept and as a word. Really annoys me.

But then so does the words "gusset", "moist", and "loins". Not MMA orientated but just words i dislike!

Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 04-29-2009, 08:48 PM
xSubmission
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I understood your point.

But we dont do crude and offensive here.

I just showed you how you can make the same point without being crude.

Use the word "Violated" rather then "raped" and all your problems with dissapear.

LOL i dont have any problems....I respect peoples opinions but i am going to use the words that i choose
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 04-29-2009, 09:01 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion
"owned" really irritates me as a concept and as a word. Really annoys me.

But then so does the words "gusset", "moist", and "loins". Not MMA orientated but just words i dislike!

Really you don't like moist?

I don't like when people speak spanish.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 04-29-2009, 09:28 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Really you don't like moist?

I don't like when people speak spanish.
Cierre la boca!!
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 04-29-2009, 09:30 PM
Jonlion's Avatar
Jonlion Jonlion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Really you don't like moist?

I don't like when people speak spanish.

Whenever anyone says the word moist, it makes me shudder!!!!!

Vile word, just something about the word, the way its phonetically said! Just not a fan!
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 04-29-2009, 09:30 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy
Cierre la boca!!
Cayete la boca muchacha tu es mui loca!


Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 04-29-2009, 09:31 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion
Whenever anyone says the word moist, it makes me shudder!!!!!

That's what she said!







ZING!
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 04-29-2009, 09:58 PM
Jonlion's Avatar
Jonlion Jonlion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
That's what she said!







ZING!

How did i know you were going there!

Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 04-29-2009, 11:48 PM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorlion
for the record, I am not a pride Hater at all, I am just sick of people going on about how pride was better. You cant compare the two, and the reason you cant compare is evident in the fact that the pride mainstay, dont do as well in the UFC. Why???

OCTAGON.

The difference is massive.

Anderson Silva cant be labeled a pride fighter, for the reasons you stated, he fought is other organisations as much. You will not hear me calling Tito a UFC fighter, he's not. As far as I am concerned Tito is not even a fighter right now. If you fight for an organisation you fight for them.

Former pride fighters, have not done so well in the UFC because of the differences, look as Shogun, a bunch of his pride fighters were swung dude to his abiliy with stomping and soccer kicks, yeah I agree that his UF|C career so far has been mired with injury and a serious lack of training, but the rule change has had an effect.

The fighters that have done better in the UFC, thiose that once fought in pride such as Rampage and silva, well think about it, after leaving pride, they both fought under the UFC style rules in cages.

Accusing me of sherdog posting is a little rich. especially since I have never been on sherdog, but the fact is I cant stand hearing people say that pride was better based on the fact that their events were epic.

UFC event would likely be epic if there was a 10 min first round too. Its a stupid arguement.

The two organisations were great in there own right, but you cant compare the two unless they both had the same rules and the same facilities.
Excellent points. For my viewing pleasure i prefer Pride.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.