Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-26-2009, 12:30 AM
que

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorlion
and yet lets take a look at how pride fighters have got on in the octagon!!!!

and before we get some smart*** come up with Anderson Silva - he fought in pride the same number of times as he did for cage rage, so therefore hes not a pride fighter!!!!

even though there is no such thing as a pride fighter, as they are DREAM fighters now.
i hate this sherdog talk. anderson was a cagerage fighter. he was a pride fighter. he was a shooto fighter. he is now a UFC fighter.

its doesn't matter how many times he fought in pride, the fact is... anderson WAS a pride fighter. accept it. pride is where he truly became known to the MMA community in the first place. it is where his career took off and when everyone started to know his name in the MMA community. he fought there just as much as any other organization besides UFC. only the pride haters resort to "anderson was not a pride fighter because he fought in other organizations too!" they just say that because they are jealous and bitter that another pride fighter is actually doing good in UFC. anderson was a pride fighter. i can list many other fighters who fought in other organizations and then barely have a couple fights in UFC, yet they will now be forever referred to as UFC fighters... even if UFC went bankrupt in the future like pride did.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:11 AM
warriorlion

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
i hate this sherdog talk. anderson was a cagerage fighter. he was a pride fighter. he was a shooto fighter. he is now a UFC fighter.

its doesn't matter how many times he fought in pride, the fact is... anderson WAS a pride fighter. accept it. pride is where he truly became known to the MMA community in the first place. it is where his career took off and when everyone started to know his name in the MMA community. he fought there just as much as any other organization besides UFC. only the pride haters resort to "anderson was not a pride fighter because he fought in other organizations too!" they just say that because they are jealous and bitter that another pride fighter is actually doing good in UFC. anderson was a pride fighter. i can list many other fighters who fought in other organizations and then barely have a couple fights in UFC, yet they will now be forever referred to as UFC fighters... even if UFC went bankrupt in the future like pride did.
for the record, I am not a pride Hater at all, I am just sick of people going on about how pride was better. You cant compare the two, and the reason you cant compare is evident in the fact that the pride mainstay, dont do as well in the UFC. Why???

OCTAGON.

The difference is massive.

Anderson Silva cant be labeled a pride fighter, for the reasons you stated, he fought is other organisations as much. You will not hear me calling Tito a UFC fighter, he's not. As far as I am concerned Tito is not even a fighter right now. If you fight for an organisation you fight for them.

Former pride fighters, have not done so well in the UFC because of the differences, look as Shogun, a bunch of his pride fighters were swung dude to his abiliy with stomping and soccer kicks, yeah I agree that his UF|C career so far has been mired with injury and a serious lack of training, but the rule change has had an effect.

The fighters that have done better in the UFC, thiose that once fought in pride such as Rampage and silva, well think about it, after leaving pride, they both fought under the UFC style rules in cages.

Accusing me of sherdog posting is a little rich. especially since I have never been on sherdog, but the fact is I cant stand hearing people say that pride was better based on the fact that their events were epic.

UFC event would likely be epic if there was a 10 min first round too. Its a stupid arguement.

The two organisations were great in there own right, but you cant compare the two unless they both had the same rules and the same facilities.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:05 PM
Krupp

Pride was a great organization. Pride was fun to watch, and I had a blast watching repeats on tv all the time, even. But Pride is gone now. I don't even see the point in talking about it because PRIDE IS DEAD. There is no point in crying like little girls about wanting it back.

UFC may not put on the greatest fights at times, but I think it's funny that just because Anderson's fight was boring, sudenlly, to everyone, the UFC's looking boring too. The rest of the card was great. If you don't agree with that, then you must not have been watching the same card as I was watching.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:59 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSubmission
UFC has been lame latley. Alot of times the fights are very controversial. Back in the Pride days it all had more glory...if you know what i mean
I'm sorry to be the one to break the news to you...but..Pride no longer exists...it fell to the UFC
Old 04-27-2009, 07:56 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
Well Zuffa bought Pride out, so I guess it's easy to see who won that battle.
Better business men doesn't = better fights

UFC has a better, well.. a more appealing production to me,
the weird anouncer lady, the walk ins, etc... In Pride were too much for me,
but I loved the yellow card rule, they certainly didn't have many boring fights.
It also forces fighters to think on their toes.

Lets see how good you are when you can't feel somebody out for a round.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:10 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
the weird anouncer lady, the walk ins, etc... In Pride were too much for me,
WHAT!?!?!?!?! Those two things are what made PRIDE so good.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:43 PM
Crisco

The competition is better in the UFC then it was in Pride.

Move that to the fact pretty much everyone in Pride juiced at some point or another and then factor in that Rampage said they tried to pay him to lose to someone.

Yea Pride had fun fights to watch but the UFC is a much better org.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:46 PM
Miss Foxy

UFC all the way.. No organization will top it...
Old 04-28-2009, 02:55 PM

Pride was the organization to ever really give the UFC anything to lose sleep over. If the Pride guys weren't so great
A. why did the UFC recruit them?
Why did the UFC buy out Pride if they weren't that great. To get the amazing fight footage of all their stars.

The Pride guys that haven't done so well and came over to the U.S. still drew a lot of viewers based on their past performances.
UFC fighters that at went to Pride (Jens, Chuck, Guy Mezger, Kevin Randalman, Fry,) had a tough of a time going the other way too. Coleman won the HW crown before the they really built a great division over there. Barnett would be the exception because he did well in both organizations

It's all irrelevant anyways..

[
Old 04-28-2009, 03:09 PM
Moose

There was something crazy and cool about Pride, with the microphones in the ring, and the kicks to the head. I will always prefer the UFC, less showmanship, more grit, and let's be real guys, rings are best for boxing.