Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > The Ultimate Fighter

Old 04-30-2009, 08:40 AM
GnP

Default Tuf 9.5 Spoiler****

Good episode, two similar fights in as much as both were pretty dominant wins.

Signs of desperation from Hendo sending his best guy in as Teams Usa was getting smashed. Bisping continues to look a great coach until the last five mins of the show, I will be interested to see where he was.

either way the early confidence/arrogance about US mma being so far in advance of UK mma is now kinda out the window
Old 04-30-2009, 01:54 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnP
Good episode, two similar fights in as much as both were pretty dominant wins.

Signs of desperation from Hendo sending his best guy in as Teams Usa was getting smashed. Bisping continues to look a great coach until the last five mins of the show, I will be interested to see where he was.

either way the early confidence/arrogance about US mma being so far in advance of UK mma is now kinda out the window
I dont really see the great coach thing from Bisping. So much of this show is the match ups and not the coaching IMO.

Im dont think the idea is out the window at all. I bet if you took the top guys from the UK and put them against the top guys from the US the US would win most of those matches. I dont think this show does anything to prove which country has better MMA fighters, but it does give us something to talk about.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:01 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnP
That would be a good argument if the USA team wasn't so obviously watered down. There's no way they picked the best young fighters that the USA has to offer. From what I've seen so far, several of those guys would struggle to get through a class in my gym.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:48 PM

I haven't seen last night's show yet, but I take it from your comments that we lost again!
Old 04-30-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
That would be a good argument if the USA team wasn't so obviously watered down. There's no way they picked the best young fighters that the USA has to offer. From what I've seen so far, several of those guys would struggle to get through a class in my gym.

You lameo Americans just can't hang witht he battaling Brits! a True island race! ha ha

I garuntee an American will win the thing! Im just glad it wont be a complete whitewash now!
Old 04-30-2009, 03:57 PM
GnP

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike

HMMM sounds like excuses to me

on a side note what do you train in? and where? just out of interest
Old 04-30-2009, 04:49 PM
logrus

Ehhh in the end we will have the spots in the finals ala Hughes.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:54 PM
ufcfan2

ya, the whole usa team is so immature I'm not sure how these guys got picked at all? There had to be better guys than these to pick from
Old 04-30-2009, 04:56 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcfan2
ya, the whole usa team is so immature I'm not sure how these guys got picked at all? There had to be better guys than these to pick from
Being immature is the only way most of the cast is cast lol.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:08 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnP
HMMM sounds like excuses to me

on a side note what do you train in? and where? just out of interest
http://www.EvoFightClub.com

MMA - Jiu Jitsu, Kickboxing, Muay Thai, Judo, Wrestling, Ground n Pound. We train all of it.