Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 04-23-2009, 05:25 PM
ufcfan2

Does this little show play into Dana's argument that Fedor does'nt want to fight top contenders? I mean I'd rather him actually fight someone like Barnett or Overeem than do this grappling match. I guess whatever his managers want him to do
Old 04-23-2009, 05:47 PM
xSubmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
Nog couldn't sub him and neither could the ADCC God Arona. Aoki is way overrated. he's been subbed left and right in Brazil. Fedor is a HW and Aoki is a LW.
Who has subbed Aoki in Brazil?....Im gonna have to check out some of his older matches. But since he has been fighting in DREAM i've seen alot of improvement from him. His legs are so flexible they are like ropes that just wrap around ppl!
But i have faith in the LW ^^
Old 04-23-2009, 05:57 PM
Crisco

Fedor will wear him down.

I can see Fedor beating him on points.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:59 PM
Crisco

I believe Fedor will be submitted at the ADCC.

It all depends on who competes and if Fedor will do absolutes.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:06 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Fedor will wear him down.

I can see Fedor beating him on points.
I can see Fedor being too tired from eating at the buffet somewhere in Russia.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:45 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSubmission
Who has subbed Aoki in Brazil?....Im gonna have to check out some of his older matches. But since he has been fighting in DREAM i've seen alot of improvement from him. His legs are so flexible they are like ropes that just wrap around ppl!
But i have faith in the LW ^^
Jacare for one. may not have even been in Brazil but it's on youtube and he's getting subbed more than once.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:47 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcfan2
Does this little show play into Dana's argument that Fedor does'nt want to fight top contenders? I mean I'd rather him actually fight someone like Barnett or Overeem than do this grappling match. I guess whatever his managers want him to do
he just beat Arlovski and Sylvia. both in the first round. Arlovski was ranked number 3 or 4. Sylvia was around 6.

Barnett doesn't want to fight him, it's been about 3 times now he's gotten out of it. Overeem can step up if he wants but he is no challenge.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:48 PM
Hughes_GOAT

It's a crazy rumor no more. Now Fedor Emelianenko vs. Shinya Aoki is a crazy fact, according to press release sent out today by M-1 Global. The two will square off in a "five-minute special sparring exhibition" at the "M-1 Challenge Presented by Affliction" on April 29 in Tokyo. So what will the lightweight and the heavyweight try to do to each other over the course of the most bizarre and pointless five minutes in MMA history? According to the press release:

Complete rules of the Fedor vs. Aoki sparring exhibition are still being negotiated, but it will be presented as a special attraction during a 19-bout event scheduled to feature head-to-head M-1 Challenge matchups between host country Japan vs. England, Team USA West vs. South Korea, and Spain vs. France.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:25 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
It's a crazy rumor no more. Now Fedor Emelianenko vs. Shinya Aoki is a crazy fact, according to press release sent out today by M-1 Global. The two will square off in a "five-minute special sparring exhibition" at the "M-1 Challenge Presented by Affliction" on April 29 in Tokyo. So what will the lightweight and the heavyweight try to do to each other over the course of the most bizarre and pointless five minutes in MMA history? According to the press release:

Complete rules of the Fedor vs. Aoki sparring exhibition are still being negotiated, but it will be presented as a special attraction during a 19-bout event scheduled to feature head-to-head M-1 Challenge matchups between host country Japan vs. England, Team USA West vs. South Korea, and Spain vs. France.
Translation: "We need Fedor here so more people will watch and Aoki was the only one brave enough"
Old 04-24-2009, 09:32 PM
atomdanger

They aren't fighting. They are sparring.

Its for the Japanese fans, they will love it.
I think its a great idea.

The fans will love it, its only 5 minutes long, they both get paid, nobody gets hurt, everybody wins