Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Training/Nutrition

Old 04-23-2009, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
well, they are native to the Ocean...so I dont know if they are available in the States...but go to your fish counter and ask for them
Kippers are like Herring right??

nevermind i just looked it up
Kipper

Kippered "split" herring.This article is about the fish. A kipper is a whole herring that has been split from tail to head, gutted, salted, and cold smoked.

In the UK and North America they are often eaten grilled for breakfast. In the UK, kippers, along with other preserved fish such as the bloater and buckling, were also once commonly enjoyed as a high tea or supper treat; most popularly with inland and urban working-class populations before World War II.

[
Old 04-23-2009, 05:38 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
Kippers are like Herring right??

nevermind i just looked it up
Kipper

Kippered "split" herring.This article is about the fish. A kipper is a whole herring that has been split from tail to head, gutted, salted, and cold smoked.

In the UK and North America they are often eaten grilled for breakfast. In the UK, kippers, along with other preserved fish such as the bloater and buckling, were also once commonly enjoyed as a high tea or supper treat; most popularly with inland and urban working-class populations before World War II.
Well Mine was a Manx Kipper...so I assume it was a Manx Herring... I dont know...

I was just told to eat one fish a week because it was good for me
Old 04-24-2009, 01:26 AM
Super Moderator

I finally took a night off from the gym and went grocery shopping. Here is what I had tonight for supper:

1 small 3/4 in thick pork chop
baked beans
fully loaded med. baked potato (butter, cheese, sour cream, green onions)
spinach salad with ranch dressing

and for dessert....blackberries

I put myself on a 3000 calorie a day diet. I wanted to do a 4000 calorie one but I don't think I can eat that much food in one day right now.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 04-24-2009, 10:25 AM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN
I finally took a night off from the gym and went grocery shopping. Here is what I had tonight for supper:

1 small 3/4 in thick pork chop
baked beans
fully loaded med. baked potato (butter, cheese, sour cream, green onions)
spinach salad with ranch dressing

and for dessert....blackberries

I put myself on a 3000 calorie a day diet. I wanted to do a 4000 calorie one but I don't think I can eat that much food in one day right now.

~Amy
Get a few thousand more calories per day and you'll catch up to me.
I eat at least 5000 calories most days. Gotta have fuel!
Old 04-24-2009, 01:01 PM
Miss Foxy

Why can't I just like seafood? I hate it! Grosses me out. Anyone got any suggestions? I go to eat sushi and I just end up drinking sake!...
Old 04-24-2009, 01:12 PM
Buc Nasty

Because most of it is disgusting? I can eat tuna but thats it!

I suggest you get...........something you know you like!
Old 04-24-2009, 02:28 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty
Because most of it is disgusting? I can eat tuna but thats it!

I suggest you get...........something you know you like!
Lol. I know right! I just picture lil Nemo when I see sushi.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:46 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy
Why can't I just like seafood? I hate it! Grosses me out. Anyone got any suggestions? I go to eat sushi and I just end up drinking sake!...
well...I dont like prawns...because they made me sick once...like...we should have noticed it as a precursor to my ability to get trapped in a anxious state...but we didnt.

Let me explain.

So the week before the summer holidays in 1999, I did my work experience, and I followed around a priest for a week. It was fascinating. The last thing that I did was a survay carried out on the Friday Night when an Eccumenical group of Clergy got together for a BBQ at the Old Bishops Palace near Lincoln Cathedral....at least thats where I think it was held. I remember that the meat tasted a little...strange.

Now there was NOTHING wrong with the meat. But I'd just finished reading a book about hemolytic-uremic syndrome, which is something that you can develope after food poisening if you are truely and utterly unlucky....its realllllll nasty, organs and the vascular system of the body break down...and I mean get clogged up and begin to disintgrate.

Anyway...I thought that I was alright, but was keeping a close eye on myself during the weekend. I would continuosly check how I was feeling, whether I was feeling ill or not. Anyway, so after that weekend, me and my family departed on Holiday. It was the first time that we had ever been in an aircraft. We took off from East-Midlands Airport, and flew to the Channel Islands of Guernsey, where we stayed in a Hotel called Les Rocquettes.

We had a huge lunch after the plane journey, I had a potatoe crammed with prawns....and later that afternoon we went swimming in the pool. When I got back to my room, I began to feel very unwell. Now obviously I had overdone it, the excitement of being on holiday, the nervousness of flying, a huge dinner and swimming after it.....But that wasnt the conclusion that I came to.

I was physically sick, only once, and after that I felt better. It should have ended there. (I hasten to add...it was the prawns...that I chucked up...I've never been able to eat them since...even the smell can get to me...)

No...I believed I was suffering from that terrible ailment I mentioned before, and...I sware I WAS displaying all the physical signs of a real ailment. My Mind for the first time had taken over my body and was MAKING me sick. My Belief was strong enough to start creating real symptoms. I lost my appetite, I couldnt sleep, I had terrible cramps...the whole works.

There was NOTHING wrong with me...and yet...my mind was MAKING it happen. This went on, day after day, the dreams got worse and worse at night, perhaps it was being killed in a firefight down by this enclosed bath house in the woods that we visited...or it was my appendix scar (about 6 years old) coming undone. Naturally, I was constantly looking at myself in the mirror to see if I "looked" ill, if I was pale or not...and I always thought I was, which made me feel even worse.

A week and a half later, we took the trip home. As we were leaving the airport back in Eat Middlands I suddenly decided that if I were suffering from HUS by now I would be dead. I decided I wasnt ill after all.

I made a shocking recovery...I somehow managed to switch off the state I was in and I plopped back into normal life. Suddenly, I was alright again. A split second, all the pain and all the illness I felt evaporated in seconds...one moment it was there...the next...it vanished.

I should have realized at that point that my Mind was a dangerous tool that I couldnt control...but I thought nothing of it. Somehow I never asked myself WTF just happened. I was just glad to be better again.

The next time my Mind Decided to do that..I wouldnt be dealing with days, I'd be dealing with the better part of a whole year. I am NOT kidding I havent figured how to control it. Once it starts, I dont know how to turn it off niether. I cant stop thinking about whatever it is...I am actually aware of getting into some kinda different psychological State...where the rules and where things seem different....I can laugh at some of the stupid things I thought and did whilst in one of the anxious States...but at the time it seemed perfectly reasonable.

I never knew the Mind could be so....powerful. I never realized that the Mind could CREATE the symptoms of a Physical Illness, without you having it. If Yours cant do that...you are blessed indeed. But...I think the dangers are obvious. Firstly, its like my natural obsessive streak goes into overload, secondly, because I am a deep thinker, I think about things other people dont bother with...and I cant help it...I wish I could think simply and not to the depth where I worry and I fight against things that other people never see. But I cant avoid it.

On the upside. I can also use my Mind to supress REAL Illnesses. Thats why I'm very rarely Ill. I have a good immune system, but I also have a mind that can almost hide the symptoms of mild illness, just like it can creat the symptoms of non existant illness
Old 04-24-2009, 06:50 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
well...I dont like prawns...because they made me sick once...like...we should have noticed it as a precursor to my ability to get trapped in a anxious state...but we didnt.

Let me explain.

So the week before the summer holidays in 1999, I did my work experience, and I followed around a priest for a week. It was fascinating. The last thing that I did was a survay carried out on the Friday Night when an Eccumenical group of Clergy got together for a BBQ at the Old Bishops Palace near Lincoln Cathedral....at least thats where I think it was held. I remember that the meat tasted a little...strange.

Now there was NOTHING wrong with the meat. But I'd just finished reading a book about hemolytic-uremic syndrome, which is something that you can develope after food poisening if you are truely and utterly unlucky....its realllllll nasty, organs and the vascular system of the body break down...and I mean get clogged up and begin to disintgrate.

Anyway...I thought that I was alright, but was keeping a close eye on myself during the weekend. I would continuosly check how I was feeling, whether I was feeling ill or not. Anyway, so after that weekend, me and my family departed on Holiday. It was the first time that we had ever been in an aircraft. We took off from East-Midlands Airport, and flew to the Channel Islands of Guernsey, where we stayed in a Hotel called Les Rocquettes.

We had a huge lunch after the plane journey, I had a potatoe crammed with prawns....and later that afternoon we went swimming in the pool. When I got back to my room, I began to feel very unwell. Now obviously I had overdone it, the excitement of being on holiday, the nervousness of flying, a huge dinner and swimming after it.....But that wasnt the conclusion that I came to.

I was physically sick, only once, and after that I felt better. It should have ended there. (I hasten to add...it was the prawns...that I chucked up...I've never been able to eat them since...even the smell can get to me...)

No...I believed I was suffering from that terrible ailment I mentioned before, and...I sware I WAS displaying all the physical signs of a real ailment. My Mind for the first time had taken over my body and was MAKING me sick. My Belief was strong enough to start creating real symptoms. I lost my appetite, I couldnt sleep, I had terrible cramps...the whole works.

There was NOTHING wrong with me...and yet...my mind was MAKING it happen. This went on, day after day, the dreams got worse and worse at night, perhaps it was being killed in a firefight down by this enclosed bath house in the woods that we visited...or it was my appendix scar (about 6 years old) coming undone. Naturally, I was constantly looking at myself in the mirror to see if I "looked" ill, if I was pale or not...and I always thought I was, which made me feel even worse.

A week and a half later, we took the trip home. As we were leaving the airport back in Eat Middlands I suddenly decided that if I were suffering from HUS by now I would be dead. I decided I wasnt ill after all.

I made a shocking recovery...I somehow managed to switch off the state I was in and I plopped back into normal life. Suddenly, I was alright again. A split second, all the pain and all the illness I felt evaporated in seconds...one moment it was there...the next...it vanished.

I should have realized at that point that my Mind was a dangerous tool that I couldnt control...but I thought nothing of it. Somehow I never asked myself WTF just happened. I was just glad to be better again.

The next time my Mind Decided to do that..I wouldnt be dealing with days, I'd be dealing with the better part of a whole year. I am NOT kidding I havent figured how to control it. Once it starts, I dont know how to turn it off niether. I cant stop thinking about whatever it is...I am actually aware of getting into some kinda different psychological State...where the rules and where things seem different....I can laugh at some of the stupid things I thought and did whilst in one of the anxious States...but at the time it seemed perfectly reasonable.

I never knew the Mind could be so....powerful. I never realized that the Mind could CREATE the symptoms of a Physical Illness, without you having it. If Yours cant do that...you are blessed indeed. But...I think the dangers are obvious. Firstly, its like my natural obsessive streak goes into overload, secondly, because I am a deep thinker, I think about things other people dont bother with...and I cant help it...I wish I could think simply and not to the depth where I worry and I fight against things that other people never see. But I cant avoid it.

On the upside. I can also use my Mind to supress REAL Illnesses. Thats why I'm very rarely Ill. I have a good immune system, but I also have a mind that can almost hide the symptoms of mild illness, just like it can creat the symptoms of non existant illness
So your basically a Drama Queen like me!! lol.. Interesting story..
Old 04-24-2009, 06:51 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy
So your basically a Drama Queen like me!! lol.. Interesting story..

Yeah...basically