Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 04-22-2009, 10:09 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Perhaps you have played not enough!
What are you implying?
  #22  
Old 04-22-2009, 10:10 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
What are you implying?
That you haven't played enough battle ship?

I thought it was pretty straight forward...
  #23  
Old 04-22-2009, 10:19 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
How can you say world peace is a bad idea?

Sure the ways you get it can be bad but world peace is definately not bad.
When the 5 permanent members are the world's largest arms dealers, there's proof they do not want world peace.
__________________
  #24  
Old 04-22-2009, 10:23 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,995
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Perhaps you have played not enough!
  #25  
Old 04-22-2009, 10:24 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,995
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
When the 5 permanent members are the world's largest arms dealers, there's proof they do not want world peace.
dont forget at least three use Torture also

The UN isnt about Peace IMHO...its about trying to work together to solve issues rather then go to war...its meant to inhibt warfare, not cause world peace.
  #26  
Old 04-22-2009, 10:28 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
I have no problem with the US having allies, however, we need to be very careful that we don't hand over our sovereignty for some flawed, human vision of "world peace."
Agreed. Of course we need allies, but we don't need anything in writing.
  #27  
Old 04-22-2009, 10:29 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
How can you say world peace is a bad idea?

Sure the ways you get it can be bad but world peace is definately not bad.
Well, the basic theory is that if all nations are unified under one government, then there would be no need for any more wars since no one would be enemies with anyone else. However, even assuming that's possible with our current leaders, such a government would have to be so large and so powerful that it would, by it's very nature, become the greatest enemy of human life, liberty and happiness in the history of the world.

There's also some indications in Bible prophecy that suggest any move towards world peace is actually taking us one step closer to the Anti-Christ.
__________________
  #28  
Old 04-22-2009, 10:33 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Well, the basic theory is that if all nations are unified under one government, then there would be no need for any more wars since no one would be enemies with anyone else. However, even assuming that's possible with our current leaders, such a government would have to be so large and so powerful that it would, by it's very nature, become the greatest enemy of human life, liberty and happiness in the history of the world.

There's also some indications in Bible prophecy that suggest any move towards world peace is actually taking us one step closer to the Anti-Christ.
I was more meaning what it is at present. A voting council where countries come to settle their differences without bombs.
  #29  
Old 04-23-2009, 04:34 AM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,490
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
sorry bad example.

Okay...what if the Venezuelian were attacked...would you be forced to defend them also?? they dont have a boarder with you

I wonder if Argentina is in this pact...coz you know that we have absolutely NO intention of EVER giving them the Faulkland Islands back...not ever (and yes they did just ellect some foolish women specifically because she promised her people to try and get the Islands back )
Ummm, you will if we tell you to.






















.
  #30  
Old 04-23-2009, 12:48 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,995
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
Ummm, you will if we tell you to.






















.
Grenada says we wont actually.

Grenada was Commonwealth and did something to threaten the US, cant remember what, might just have been a communist ellected to lead or something. The American Forces invaded.

Her Majesty gave America such a private bollocking, they dare not trample on English Empire again...not even to deal with trouble makers like Robert Mugabe.

Beware...the wrath of the English

Faulklands belongs to us, and it always will do. If the Argentinians want it...let them try and get it...just try it...juuuuust try it

Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.