Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 07:59 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
Of course we would defend Mexico against outside attack. If we allowed Mexico to be taken, it puts our borders at risk (Military risk - not just an over abundance of landscapers risk).
sorry bad example.

Okay...what if the Venezuelian were attacked...would you be forced to defend them also?? they dont have a boarder with you

I wonder if Argentina is in this pact...coz you know that we have absolutely NO intention of EVER giving them the Faulkland Islands back...not ever (and yes they did just ellect some foolish women specifically because she promised her people to try and get the Islands back )
Old 04-22-2009, 08:03 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Dave, you're getting very close to America-bashing here.

Simply put, a majority of the United States population does not agree with these unions, coalitions, councils, confederations, etc. that try to partner the United States up with other nations. These are created by government officials outside of the will of the American people.

I have no problem with the US having allies, however, we need to be very careful that we don't hand over our sovereignty for some flawed, human vision of "world peace."
take a look and judge for yourself as to whether you think it falls under that or not. I dont know if it does. I've litterally only JUST heard of it.

I'm not "america bashing" at all. I just had no idea America was in somekinda Union which includes Canada, mexico and Latin American states...and since I know that people here hate the UN and EU...I just wondered what they thought of the OAS

http://www.oas.org/ (take a look at their website and let me know what you think of them )
Old 04-22-2009, 08:11 PM
Crisco

The UN is definately a convient tool and if the US is to continue being a super power it needs to exist.

War with China is inevitable at this point. One of our nations has to fall. I can see 10 years of cold war and then China will make the wrong move bringing about WW3.

We have two conflicting ideoligies will their power very quickly catching up to ours.

It's a powder keg waiting for a match to see who will rule the world.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:17 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
The UN is definately a convient tool and if the US is to continue being a super power it needs to exist.

War with China is inevitable at this point. One of our nations has to fall. I can see 10 years of cold war and then China will make the wrong move bringing about WW3.

We have two conflicting ideoligies will their power very quickly catching up to ours.

It's a powder keg waiting for a match to see who will rule the world.
The laugh of the whole UN debarcle...is that all these Wars are now between friends

England and France (Allied in WW2, but never got on before, and never got on after...BOTH hold a Veto on the Security Council)

United States and Russia (Allied in WW2, but then went to war for dominance with each other, they still hate each other today...BOTH hold a Veto on the Security Council)

United States and China (Allied in WW2, but China is on the increase, with its language being the most spoken in the world, and its population the largest on the planet, its Nuclear, its communist...and sooner or later it will want to rule the world...BOTH hold a Veto on the Security Council)

England and the United States are often Inseperable, Russia and China have sooo much in common

Noone likes the French though
Old 04-22-2009, 08:23 PM
Crisco

They French are definately not a world player.

English support will be vital in the event of war with China. England would be a great port for our Aircraft carriers as well as a good line of defense to the east. The west gets more difficult and unfortunately we might see some attacks on us soil.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:23 PM
CAVEMAN

The United Nations is a bad group with a bad idea!
Old 04-22-2009, 08:38 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN
The United Nations is a bad group with a bad idea!
How can you say world peace is a bad idea?

Sure the ways you get it can be bad but world peace is definately not bad.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:38 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
They French are definately not a world player.

English support will be vital in the event of war with China. England would be a great port for our Aircraft carriers as well as a good line of defense to the east. The west gets more difficult and unfortunately we might see some attacks on us soil.
No, the French are characteristically known to be difficult.

I dont see you getting attacked from the East. The Middle-east isnt strong enough to launch an attack. Israel is on your side, England is on your side, Europe wouldnt dare, Africa wouldnt care. You would have coverage as far as the eastern block through Europe...so IF India, Pakistan, or Russia decided to make a go at you, they would never get as far as the Atlantic.

Now, Russia would side with China. Russia wouldnt attack you, they would attack Europe and England for defending you. Our War would be with the Russians. Your war would be with China, but it would have to cross the Pacific. Now Hawaii is terribly undefensable... My Guess is that Japan would support the United States...but they are to close to the mainland...my guess is along with much of Oceania, Polynesia and places like Taiwan...Japan et al would be invaded, one Island at a time, just like the Japanese tried during the second world war...but be warned...there are many more Chinese then Japanese.

The rush would be to see who gets to Austrailia first.

Its commonwealth, so it would support England and support you...but the battle would be fought there first. Your problem would come from Latin America. If anyone of those States failed you, you'd risk losing Austrailia to the Chinese...if that happened...you'd be close enough for daily bombardment. Even if that never happened, the Latin States might try and Bombard you themselves...not sure what sorta arsenal any of them have...

It litterally depends on how far China got.

If they got to Austrailia...i'd go Nuclear...because that would be the only way to finish it off. IF Russia were to march through Europe...THEN they would be able to hit your East Coast...but I think they'd need help from inside Europe. Thankfully, most of your main cities lie on the EAST, and Russia is less likely to get to France or Spain, before China gets to Austrailia....if they used Nuclear weapons on the United States...they would probably be aiming for San Fransisco, San Diego, and/or Los Angeles.

If they tried to send one to Washington or New York, they'd be discovered before the bombs made it across the Mid west. They're only chance would be to go for a Western Coastal city and hope that the US blinks when they pull the trigger.

We could make strikes on Moscow on your behalf...and if you let us use Starwars aswell, short of a ground offensive...Russia shouldnt be a problem, to far to fire east, and they cant hit us, or you, so long as Starwars shield holds out.

Invasion my arse as far as England I dont think so.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:07 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
No, the French are characteristically known to be difficult.

I dont see you getting attacked from the East. The Middle-east isnt strong enough to launch an attack. Israel is on your side, England is on your side, Europe wouldnt dare, Africa wouldnt care. You would have coverage as far as the eastern block through Europe...so IF India, Pakistan, or Russia decided to make a go at you, they would never get as far as the Atlantic.

Now, Russia would side with China. Russia wouldnt attack you, they would attack Europe and England for defending you. Our War would be with the Russians. Your war would be with China, but it would have to cross the Pacific. Now Hawaii is terribly undefensable... My Guess is that Japan would support the United States...but they are to close to the mainland...my guess is along with much of Oceania, Polynesia and places like Taiwan...Japan et al would be invaded, one Island at a time, just like the Japanese tried during the second world war...but be warned...there are many more Chinese then Japanese.

The rush would be to see who gets to Austrailia first.

Its commonwealth, so it would support England and support you...but the battle would be fought there first. Your problem would come from Latin America. If anyone of those States failed you, you'd risk losing Austrailia to the Chinese...if that happened...you'd be close enough for daily bombardment. Even if that never happened, the Latin States might try and Bombard you themselves...not sure what sorta arsenal any of them have...

It litterally depends on how far China got.

If they got to Austrailia...i'd go Nuclear...because that would be the only way to finish it off. IF Russia were to march through Europe...THEN they would be able to hit your East Coast...but I think they'd need help from inside Europe. Thankfully, most of your main cities lie on the EAST, and Russia is less likely to get to France or Spain, before China gets to Austrailia....if they used Nuclear weapons on the United States...they would probably be aiming for San Fransisco, San Diego, and/or Los Angeles.

If they tried to send one to Washington or New York, they'd be discovered before the bombs made it across the Mid west. They're only chance would be to go for a Western Coastal city and hope that the US blinks when they pull the trigger.

We could make strikes on Moscow on your behalf...and if you let us use Starwars aswell, short of a ground offensive...Russia shouldnt be a problem, to far to fire east, and they cant hit us, or you, so long as Starwars shield holds out.

Invasion my arse as far as England I dont think so.
You have been playing too much Battleship...
Old 04-22-2009, 09:08 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
You have been playing too much Battleship...
Perhaps you have played not enough!
Closed Thread