Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 06:12 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default The Organization of American States

So North America has a Union aswell...how absolutely Fascinating!

Anyone care to comment?

I mean you guys seems to dislike Old Europe (Now the European Union) You disregard the United Nations (A group of representatives from the whole world) yet you are IN your own little Union....The United States of America, The Soverign Commonwealth State of Canada, Third World Mexico...and several others...and Latin America

hahahaha...your very own North Atlantic Treaty Organization...of which President Bush STOLE a line from its Charter when he founded the Coillition of States against Terrorism...He said that an attack on one is an attack on all....and the Chater reads

" An act of aggression against one American State is an act of aggression against all the other American States"

Really??? So...if Mexico was attacked...the United States would defend her out of Loyalty to America (As a Continent)

lets not even go into the fact half the Latin American States are in it. Venezuela anyone

Old 04-22-2009, 06:14 PM
Miss Foxy

What are you trying to do Dave honestly? Are you trying to debate or attack America with your sarcasm?
Old 04-22-2009, 06:18 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
What are you trying to do Dave honestly? Are you trying to debate or attack America with your sarcasm?
I want to know what people think about the Organization of American States.

I want to know whether people think of it like they do the EU and UN...just another council the US is forced into...or whether they think its good.

Noone has EVER mentioned it on this forum...infact...I only heard of it from a Canadian who asked me if I realized there was an Organization for The American Continent, which is like a cross between The North Atlantic Treaty Organization, and The European Union.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:19 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
I'd guess the latter.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:20 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
I'd guess the latter.
have you ever heard of this union before do you approve of it
Old 04-22-2009, 06:23 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
have you ever heard of this union before do you approve of it
Yes, I've heard of it; no, I don't approve of it.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:16 PM
rearnakedchoke

there is a difference ... the EU was created because as separate entities, most european countries can't fend for themselves so they need to piggy back off each other to be able to compete with the US, Japan, India Brazil and China ... we still have our own currency here in canada, US mexico ...sure you still use GBP but the rest of the saps in that continent use Euros .. what a cop out ...

and since we are neighbors we have good trade relations etc. ... The EU was formed because most of the countries couldn't handle the improvement of the rest of the world ...
Old 04-22-2009, 07:17 PM
Administrator

Dave, you're getting very close to America-bashing here.

Simply put, a majority of the United States population does not agree with these unions, coalitions, councils, confederations, etc. that try to partner the United States up with other nations. These are created by government officials outside of the will of the American people.

I have no problem with the US having allies, however, we need to be very careful that we don't hand over our sovereignty for some flawed, human vision of "world peace."
Old 04-22-2009, 07:38 PM
County Mike

Of course we would defend Mexico against outside attack. If we allowed Mexico to be taken, it puts our borders at risk (Military risk - not just an over abundance of landscapers risk).
Old 04-22-2009, 07:39 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
Of course we would defend Mexico against outside attack. If we allowed Mexico to be taken, it puts our borders at risk (Military risk - not just an over abundance of landscapers risk).
Its not just Mexicans that cross.
Closed Thread