Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-23-2009, 07:11 PM
matthughesfan21

the ground game is a little tricky, but I like it, i'm pretty thrilled with the stand up though, love the KO's, looks realistic
Old 04-23-2009, 11:09 PM
sender

OK! So I just got my hand on it... heres what I think...

Graphicaly it looks awesome!! detail on the characters and movement is wicked!!!

Gameplay wise... its very one sided...

The standup is decent but its definitly not even close to as good as the fightnight games. I seem to be able to do what I want but the fact that you can only block high and low and you cant actualy dodge punches kinda sucks. From what the demo has...

Takedowns seem to totaly suck! Maybe its just the fights but the chance of getting a good takedown is like next to impossible. Theres only 1 take down and you always land in gaurd when you get it. I don know maybe thats fine for most people but usualy when I take people down I circle while I'm doing it and can usualy get into side control... doesnt seem like you can do that kinda stuff but maybe I'm missing somthing.

The submission game seems pretty weak... but again maybe theres more to it that I'm missing. Theres only 1 submission per position you can do and you can only do it by tapping the rightstick while the opponent is attacking. And then you pretty much button mash and randomly get it or not. Its really not even worth doing cause you just GNP the guy you can stop the fight 100 times more often.

I personaly will buy the game because im a HUGE mma fan and I'm a gamer... but I'm pretty selective on games I play. After playing the demo I definitly prefer fightnight as a fighting SIM.

Maybe I'm a bit picky because I went to school for game developement and over analize everything.

But scorring the game as an mma game I would give it probably an 8/10
But scorring it as a fight SIM like fightnight Probably closer to a 5 or a 6.

Someone tell THQ to call me haha cause I think the same game with differnt controls and some tweeking on the ground game could be fenominal!!!
Old 04-23-2009, 11:24 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

The download is available for free on the XBox Live Marketplace. I'm donwloading it right now
Old 04-24-2009, 12:33 AM
sender

Oh and I forgot to mension though that as far as fun goes for a regular fighting game I'd give it prolly a 9/10 cause it is pretty damn fun.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sender

Graphicaly it looks awesome!! detail on the characters and movement is wicked!!!

The standup is decent but its definitly not even close to as good as the fightnight games. I seem to be able to do what I want but the fact that you can only block high and low and you cant actualy dodge punches kinda sucks. From what the demo has...

Takedowns seem to totaly suck! Maybe its just the fights but the chance of getting a good takedown is like next to impossible. Theres only 1 take down and you always land in gaurd when you get it. I don know maybe thats fine for most people but usualy when I take people down I circle while I'm doing it and can usualy get into side control... doesnt seem like you can do that kinda stuff but maybe I'm missing somthing.

The submission game seems pretty weak... but again maybe theres more to it that I'm missing. Theres only 1 submission per position you can do and you can only do it by tapping the rightstick while the opponent is attacking. And then you pretty much button mash and randomly get it or not. Its really not even worth doing cause you just GNP the guy you can stop the fight 100 times more often.

I personaly will buy the game because im a HUGE mma fan and I'm a gamer... but I'm pretty selective on games I play. After playing the demo I definitly prefer fightnight as a fighting SIM.

Maybe I'm a bit picky because I went to school for game developement and over analize everything.

Someone tell THQ to call me haha cause I think the same game with differnt controls and some tweeking on the ground game could be fenominal!!!
Press the right control stick towards which single leg you want to do a takedown with and you'll perform the single leg take downs. I can make some videos showing it with annotations if you'd like. Pause the game and go to the moves list, and cycle through that. It shows you how to do the take downs.

You also have the throws while in the clinch you can use to take your opponent down.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:47 AM
sender

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R
Press the right control stick towards which single leg you want to do a takedown with and you'll perform the single leg take downs. I can make some videos showing it with annotations if you'd like. Pause the game and go to the moves list, and cycle through that. It shows you how to do the take downs.

You also have the throws while in the clinch you can use to take your opponent down.

Yeh I'm starting to figure it out. That was just my first assesment of the game. The more I play it the more stuff I relize you can do. Still I wish they had made the striking like the fightnight games. Nothing beats punching using the joystick IMO
Old 04-24-2009, 02:39 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sender

you can do multiple submissions from a position with shogun not liddell...Like from north/south you can do a north south choke or a far side kimura...from open guard you can do an armbar or a triangle and you can pull rubber guard
Old 04-24-2009, 03:06 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Just had my first round. Not bad! I'm whooping Chuck's ass with Shogun.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:07 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Damn, I just got head-kicked by Chuck. KO :(
Old 04-24-2009, 03:33 AM
lc87

I love it its awesome. There is some stuff id like to see fixed.

Mouthpiece doesn't need to fly out with every ko
Ref needs to actually pull you off on tkos
It not tell you the scores in a decision before bruce announces it

Um just a few things I didn't like