Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-23-2009, 11:25 AM

You're ON sender. May 19th, that is lol.
I'll do a few more videos exploring Chucks offense today.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R
I don't think it will be a let down. There are things that aren't listed in the moves list, and such, that you can do. Like transitioning from rubber guard to top side control, then taking the back, RNC....

There are three/four videos up now, but still processing.
http://www.youtube.com/user/F34RTEHR34PER

The officially released demo isn't out yet. Just a ripped version. They might have been handing them out, and that's where the rip came from though. XBL/PSN isn't out until tomorrow though.
Vids were awesome! I really like the training portion. I imagine I'll spend a lot of time learning the moves before jumping in the cage.
So on career mode do you start on TUF?

[
Old 04-23-2009, 02:24 PM

There are so MANY different things to do here. I think they've done an excellent job. I mean... you can advance on the ground to the right, left, posture, etc. If the person on their back doesn't see which way you're going to pass, and adjust their position with a counter, you'll pass with ease.

We spent about two hours last night figuring out the subtleties about the ground game. It's very deep as far as strategy goes.

Also, the move set doesn't seem that deep according to the list, but I've pulled off at least 5 moves so far that aren't on the list. The RNC being one of them for Shogun. I'm going to shoot for a transition from top/side/back control, then spin around to the head side, and slide in a choke like that.

oh, yea.. the DEMO is officially up for NA on the Marketplace. You might have to be a gold subscriber to get it right away though.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:49 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R
There are so MANY different things to do here. I think they've done an excellent job. I mean... you can advance on the ground to the right, left, posture, etc. If the person on their back doesn't see which way you're going to pass, and adjust their position with a counter, you'll pass with ease.

We spent about two hours last night figuring out the subtleties about the ground game. It's very deep as far as strategy goes.

Also, the move set doesn't seem that deep according to the list, but I've pulled off at least 5 moves so far that aren't on the list. The RNC being one of them for Shogun. I'm going to shoot for a transition from top/side/back control, then spin around to the head side, and slide in a choke like that.

oh, yea.. the DEMO is officially up for NA on the Marketplace. You might have to be a gold subscriber to get it right away though.
So is it worth buying?
Old 04-23-2009, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
So is it worth buying?
I heard they're putting Kyra Gracie on there...
...but you can't unlock her!

[
Old 04-23-2009, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
So is it worth buying?
It will be for me. Especially if this is an older build of the game. I'm sure there is more polish to be had in the full version.

If you check out the tutorial video i posted, you'll notice that the longer we went on, the more sweat was on the fighters. Nice touch.

I don't want to absolutely suggest the game to anyone... if you have the money, and like MMA, then I don't see where you could go wrong.

If you don't like button mashing, there is SOME in the game, but easily countered with good technique.

The game will really show who learns the subtle moves, positions, etc. It's pretty deep as far as that goes.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:07 PM

In this game Chuck NEVER retires!!
I'm going to get revenge for The Iceman!!
And I'm going to avenge Matt's losses!!

[
Old 04-23-2009, 05:54 PM
matthughesfan21

downloading right now, first thing i did when i got back from class
Old 04-23-2009, 07:23 PM
Krupp

Dangit, I need a job this summer so I can afford to get this in a month or so. CURSES, why do I have to be a broke college student?
Old 04-23-2009, 08:08 PM
matthughesfan21

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!