Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 04-21-2009, 06:45 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default 500 years ago today, an Event Changed the World

That Event was the Coronation, of His Majesty King Henry The Eighth.

King Henry would begin his Reign as a young Prince who loved music, loved sport, was devoutly Roman Catholic (Indeed refered to by The Pope as "Defender of The Faith) A King who would reclaim much of France, and who would settle the first Major Peace Pact of Europe at "Cloth of Gold"

King Henry would grow up however, to become power hungry, paranoid, send the nation into near bankruptcy, and leave the Nation with a male heir after going though NINE wives, who was so frail, he bearly lasted a jot on the Throne. A man who out of sheer selfishness would distroy the grip of Rome in much of Northern Europe, and as a by product through generations, much of the world, by Establishing for himself the Unification of Church and State under Anglicanism (The Church of England) Which through the next four or five Monarchs would cause the deaths of countless Roman Catholics and Protestant Anglicans depending on the denomination of the Monarch before Elizabeth The First finally put Rome firmly back on Italian Soil.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:22 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Did you know that King Henry had installed in his privy lodging, a Chapel.

Did you know that out of all he did, when he was at his Palace (Hampton Court...its still around today) He would always attend Evensong...Infact it was so well known that, its where everyone went to find him, because they knew he'd be there

So after Evensong everyday there were be loads of people waiting outside the chapel for him

I was like that at Saint Paul's...I could be anywhere during the day...but you were guarenteed to find me at Saint Paul's Cathedral for Evensong...you could know you would catch me there if nowhere else.

The Court had a huge room, called "the watching room" and basically it was the room which had a door into the Kings Privy. So...people would know that he had to come out, or go in through that door...and they would watch to see when he made an appearence

He was so completely up-himself...even by Royal Standards
Old 04-21-2009, 09:32 PM
Crisco

Ego maniac murderer
Old 04-21-2009, 09:35 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Ego maniac murderer
Well...to be fair...he didnt start out that way.

At first he wasnt interested in Government, and only wanted to play music and sport...He enjoyed warfare against the French of course...but thats not a bad thing

What made him go sour was when he kinda lost his footing in Europe and had to be famous for peace maker rather then warirror...and when Catherine refused to bear him a son...and wouldnt die
Old 04-21-2009, 09:39 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Well...to be fair...he didnt start out that way.

At first he wasnt interested in Government, and only wanted to play music and sport...He enjoyed warfare against the French of course...but thats not a bad thing

What made him go sour was when he kinda lost his footing in Europe and had to be famous for peace maker rather then warirror...and when Catherine refused to bear him a son...and wouldnt die
Well if he didn't become a huge fat ass and ruin his hopes of Alliance with the HRE he may have become VERY powerful indeed. But then of course the money that went into building his navy and national defense was pillaged and raped from the remaining catholic monastaries in England after he declared himself pope of the church of England.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:43 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Well if he didn't become a huge fat ass and ruin his hopes of Alliance with the HRE he may have become VERY powerful indeed. But then of course the money that went into building his navy and national defense was pillaged and raped from the remaining catholic monastaries in England after he declared himself pope of the church of England.
well...he ran out of money when he went through France. He lived so lavishly, dispite having wealth, he kinda ran out...and the Church had money....and...well....Henry wanted the money.

Henry in later years liked falconry ( he liked Birds )

I'm not sure how the Cloth of Gold pact went wrong in Europe

How come you know so much about Henry anyway
Old 04-21-2009, 09:47 PM
Crisco

Quote:
well...he ran out of money when he went through France. He lived so lavishly, dispite having wealth, he kinda ran out...and the Church had money....and...well....Henry wanted the money.

Henry in later years liked falconry ( he liked Birds )

I'm not sure how the Cloth of Gold pact went wrong in Europe

How come you know so much about Henry anyway
I'm a bit of a history buff...

America is very young so it's history is pretty limited. But Europe, Asia and even the middleeast which is a section that with the exception of Israel I wouldn't mind being whiped from the earth, have such a rich history full of interesting characters and people who single handedly changed the course of the world.

I've always had great respect for the British because of how tough they tend to be.

From that island they ruled 1/3 the world. Incredible.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:52 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
I'm a bit of a history buff...

America is very young so it's history is pretty limited. But Europe, Asia and even the middleeast which is a section that with the exception of Israel I wouldn't mind being whiped from the earth, have such a rich history full of interesting characters and people who single handedly changed the course of the world.

I've always had great respect for the British because of how tough they tend to be.

From that island they ruled 1/3 the world. Incredible.
yes...yes we did. Those were the days

I find History interesting to...but I also love tradition and ceremony...and being that the British Monarchy is the longest running and oldest surviving political insitution in Europe...I'm interested in it.

Like him or hate him, Henry was one of the more...wellknown Kings.

I sometimes feel like I was born to late
Old 04-21-2009, 09:58 PM

Henry VIII was a legend but mainly because he had a palace in Eltham, Eltham palace, my home!

So ill always love the big guy and how he patronised Eltham!
Old 04-21-2009, 09:58 PM
Crisco

Quote:
yes...yes we did. Those were the days

I find History interesting to...but I also love tradition and ceremony...and being that the British Monarchy is the longest running and oldest surviving political insitution in Europe...I'm interested in it.

Like him or hate him, Henry was one of the more...wellknown Kings.

I sometimes feel like I was born to late
Henry was indeed influential but he was a fat pig monster who made it a habbit of beheading women they couldn't bear boys lol. I liked Edward Longshanks. The Hammer of the Scots. Granted he was also a monster but he ruled England well and had good success.