Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-23-2009, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I dont think we have then in England.
Quarterback is the head of the offense in American Football. He executes all the offensive plays whether it's: passing the football, handing it off to a back, or running it himself. Joe Montana, Brett Favre, John Elway, and Dan marino were some of the famous Quarterbacks.

[
Old 04-23-2009, 05:37 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
Quarterback is the head of the offense in American Football. He executes all the offensive plays whether it's: passing the football, handing it off to a back, or running it himself. Joe Montana, Brett Favre, John Elway, and Dan marino were some of the famous Quarterbacks.
American football is like Rugby isnt it ...its nothing like football...because they run and handle the ball rather then kick it...and it looks like an egg not an orange.

Yeah...I know..technical description or what
Old 04-23-2009, 05:40 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
I wouldnt pelt you with stones....thats just mean.

Its just that you do seem to be the one to stick up for some fighters bad behaviour
It's not that I stick up for "bad" behavior, it's that I just don't personalize everything like a lot of fans do. I don't think it's fair to call Silva a coward, and I don't think Rashad Evans is as bad of a guy as all the haters are making him out to be.

Sure, there are fighters I like more than others, and when fighters do things that I don't like I will call them to task on it. I have called out BJ Penn's behavior on more than one occasion, and Serra as well. So don't try and take my opinion on one situation and apply it to a completely different situation. That is misleading.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:47 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
I dont think we have then in England.
American Football is actually popular in Europe. Not nearly as popular as it is over here, but there are still fans.

Regardless, my point was that you have absolutely NO ground to be calling me a fair-weather fan. If you think I am a fair-weather fan based on what I have posted in this thread, then you don't know what a fair-weather fan actually is.

Plus, you need to explain your logic here, if there is any...
Quote:
...or is it really about wins and losses for you...I mean...if Chuck had fought the same as ever...but won...would you support Rashad saying he should retire...I think not.
What you say here makes absolutely NO sense. If Chuck had WON the fight, I doubt that anybody would be calling for his retirement.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:59 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
It's not that I stick up for "bad" behavior, it's that I just don't personalize everything like a lot of fans do. .
But it IS personal
Old 04-23-2009, 06:02 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
American Football is actually popular in Europe. Not nearly as popular as it is over here, but there are still fans.

Regardless, my point was that you have absolutely NO ground to be calling me a fair-weather fan. If you think I am a fair-weather fan based on what I have posted in this thread, then you don't know what a fair-weather fan actually is.

Plus, you need to explain your logic here, if there is any...

What you say here makes absolutely NO sense. If Chuck had WON the fight, I doubt that anybody would be calling for his retirement.
It wasnt just about Chuck winning, it was about how he won. I'm sorry but if he had fought like Silva, or likea poor match, but won...do you think people would be calling for his retirement?

Everyone looses a couple, and in a row...it doesnt mean they are finished...and even if you think so...if you are another fighter you shouldnt go blabbing to the press...thats so unprofessional....that equates to bad behaviour

we do not reward bad behaviour
Old 04-23-2009, 06:22 PM
ufcfan2

I think fighter or fan you can say what you want as long as its professional and it doesn't take personal shots at another. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and should feel free to express it,its just how it gets interpreted is the main issue. I should say how we want to interpreted someones words based on our dislike/like of them.
If Chuck is allowed to fight I don't think we will see him ever be a Main Event again,unless its a UFN. I just wonder how much more damage he can take w/o seriously affecting his long term health. I really hope he does retire and takes whatever job the UFC will give him and enjoy his fame and what hes accomplished.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:23 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
But it IS personal
No Dave it's not.

There is no need for you or anybody else to get their panties in a bunch to a point where they make UNFAIR criticisms or blatant personal attacks against any athlete or fighter. Sure, we all have those teams, players, and fighters that we just don't like, and that is FINE. However there is a point where it turns from constructive and fair criticism into mindless hate.

The only reason so many people around here are up in arms over what Evans said is because he said it about Chuck Liddell. How many times has Chuck done or said things that were less than professional? PLENTY. How much criticism do those same people give Chuck that they give to Evans? ZERO. Why? Because Chuck is the classic "good guy", and he has had that image ever since the feud with Tito Ortiz. In many people's eyes, Chuck can do no wrong and it would not matter how nice Evans was about what he said, people are still going to bash Rashad because he knocked out their super-hero.

It's funny how a lot of Chuck fans jumped on the Rampage bandwagon not long after Page beat him, and especially when they hyped the possibility of Evans vs Jackson. People magically forgot that Rampage went on a REAL rampage and could have killed a bunch of people while running from the cops.

It's okay to give Page the benefit of the doubt for his behavior, which was not only completely psycho but also ILLEGAL, but screw that Rashad Evans guy... he did a victory dance after knocking a legend of the sport. Right?
Old 04-23-2009, 06:31 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
It wasnt just about Chuck winning, it was about how he won. I'm sorry but if he had fought like Silva, or likea poor match, but won...do you think people would be calling for his retirement?

Everyone looses a couple, and in a row...it doesnt mean they are finished...and even if you think so...if you are another fighter you shouldnt go blabbing to the press...thats so unprofessional....that equates to bad behaviour

we do not reward bad behaviour
Seriously Dave, get off your high horse.

Evans had every right to say what he did, and it was NOT bad behavior. You are just being a hater. Plain and simple.

If Chuck had won nobody would be calling for his retirement regardless of how the match went. If he had fought a slow 3 round fight and edged out a victory, people would be critical, but they would not call for his retirement. If he had won by KO or TKO, NOBODY would call for his retirement.

BUT THAT AIN'T WHAT HAPPENED! He got KTFO for the 3rd time in his last 5 fights. Don't sit there and act like that happens to a lot of fighters and they keep coming back. The truth is THEY DON'T keep coming back when they are Chucks age and have as many fights as he does. When you have been on top, then you get knocked out 3 times, it's almost impossible to ever come back from that.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:12 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcfan2
I think fighter or fan you can say what you want as long as its professional and it doesn't take personal shots at another. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and should feel free to express it,its just how it gets interpreted is the main issue. I should say how we want to interpreted someones words based on our dislike/like of them.
If Chuck is allowed to fight I don't think we will see him ever be a Main Event again,unless its a UFN. I just wonder how much more damage he can take w/o seriously affecting his long term health. I really hope he does retire and takes whatever job the UFC will give him and enjoy his fame and what hes accomplished.
He wasnt the main event.. I hope he decides whats best for him. If he feels he wants to fight again by all means go for it. I don't personally think its out of his reach to keep fighting. This can't be a fly by night sport where you lose a few that you should just crawl in a hole. He's a fighter and a fighter will re-light his spark if he truly wishes to. Always expect the unexpected....