Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 04-22-2009, 12:13 AM
Buc Nasty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Wow.

How does almost every thread on here get to the point of badmouthing BJ Penn at some point or another?

There is some sort of obsessive behaviour going on here!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-22-2009, 12:32 AM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,218
Default

why do people resort to name calling when someone has an opinion? His opinion is not that far from the truth is it? I mean, he's right Chuck didn't look like he changed things up, he looked weaker than ever. He should retire. I assume Rashad was asked his opinion of Chuck and instead of a canned answer he spoke his mind.

Gotta respect that, don;t have to like it.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-22-2009, 12:33 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty
Dude its got nothing to do with me not liking the guy, I don't hate on anyone unless they give me a reason to. I wasn't quoting Rashad I was reading between the lines and thats exactly what he was implying. Some of you guys just don't see it that way and are giving Rashad way too much credit.

Fair enough.

I actually disagree with people saying Chuck looked no different in this fight, his footwork looked better and his left hand was higher than usual, its just a pity his forgot to keep his right hand up! I do sadly agree though, he has not evolved enough to compete at the top level any more and physically his best days are behind him.

But what a legend he is.

Dude, nobody around here gives Rashad credit, except like 2 or 3 people. You say you are "reading between the lines", seriously, what lines? Rashad gets asked in an interview what his opinion on Chuck's loss is, and he gives his opinion. He even gave respect to Chuck, as he has done more than once before in other interviews. You say I am "giving him too much credit", which obviously implies that you already have a negative view of the man.

Chuck is a legend, no doubt about that. However he looked the same as he ever has, and it's time for him to hang it up.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-22-2009, 01:03 AM
Buc Nasty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I give Rashad credit for what he does in the cage, its his mouth I have a negative view of. He threw out some nice words to soften the blow - his boss being close friends with Chuck and all that - and there are your lines my friend. You give him too much credit because his 'opinion' was disrespectful and he had no need to mention anything regarding Chuck's preparation, fact or not. Its a little thing called professional courtesy.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-22-2009, 01:08 AM
Max
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty
Wow.

How does almost every thread on here get to the point of badmouthing BJ Penn at some point or another?

There is some sort of obsessive behaviour going on here!
They are all haters.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-22-2009, 01:17 AM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
They are all haters.
Its not only Penn they hate on lol.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-22-2009, 01:18 AM
matthughesfan21
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
nah rashad talks no more crap then the next guy ... i mean, BJ has more fans than most fighters and talks crap for days ....
I don't like either, so thats not a valid point at least when talking to me ....Most know that I can't stand rashad and I do think he is a piss poor person with amazing skills...but what he said here is not something that I am upset about, he was asked his opinion and he gave it in a truthful and respectful way...what he said was the truth and he wasn't a prick about it....Rashad, I don't like you, but I can't hate on you for these comments
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-22-2009, 01:28 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty
I give Rashad credit for what he does in the cage, its his mouth I have a negative view of. He threw out some nice words to soften the blow - his boss being close friends with Chuck and all that - and there are your lines my friend. You give him too much credit because his 'opinion' was disrespectful and he had no need to mention anything regarding Chuck's preparation, fact or not. Its a little thing called professional courtesy.
He threw out some nice words because they were true. It's not like he overly praised Chuck and sounded all fake, nor is it like he crapped all over him.

It's not out of line for Evans to mention that he heard Chuck was not training properly. Especially considering what happened to Chuck. Seriously, where is the motivation here? What does Rashad gain by bad-mouthing Chuck? I take this as Rashad getting asked a legit question and giving a legit answer. Nothing more, nothing less.

I bet if there were audio of Rashad answering the questions it would not sound like he was trying to bash Chuck. Just my opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-22-2009, 01:44 AM
Buzzard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
He threw out some nice words because they were true. It's not like he overly praised Chuck and sounded all fake, nor is it like he crapped all over him.

It's not out of line for Evans to mention that he heard Chuck was not training properly. Especially considering what happened to Chuck. Seriously, where is the motivation here? What does Rashad gain by bad-mouthing Chuck? I take this as Rashad getting asked a legit question and giving a legit answer. Nothing more, nothing less.

I bet if there were audio of Rashad answering the questions it would not sound like he was trying to bash Chuck. Just my opinion.
I agree. And here you probably thought we could never agree on anything.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-22-2009, 02:18 AM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty
I give Rashad credit for what he does in the cage, its his mouth I have a negative view of. He threw out some nice words to soften the blow - his boss being close friends with Chuck and all that - and there are your lines my friend. You give him too much credit because his 'opinion' was disrespectful and he had no need to mention anything regarding Chuck's preparation, fact or not. Its a little thing called professional courtesy.
We totally agree on this whole subject. It aint a matter of how Chuck looked or didnt look its your last 2 words... Professional courtesy..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.