Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-21-2009, 05:13 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
What an a** he will never measure up to Chuck...Ever...Now I hope he loses I did like the guy at one point, but just like the others hope he gets a slice of humble pie...
Well he must measure up to the guy pretty damn well to knock him the F@#$ out.

To be honest I read the same things you guys did, Chuck was working on a new bag of tricks and yadda yadda yadda. When the ref screamed FIGHT. I saw the same old Chuck. Actually fight wise I saw the same old Chuck. His body looked a bit on the out of shape side.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:59 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus

To be honest I read the same things you guys did, Chuck was working on a new bag of tricks and yadda yadda yadda. When the ref screamed FIGHT. I saw the same old Chuck. Actually fight wise I saw the same old Chuck. His body looked a bit on the out of shape side.
Good thing you have your opinion and I will have mine.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:25 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus

I agree
Old 04-21-2009, 07:40 PM
Crisco

Chuck looked amped and ready to fight no doubt but when he got in the cage it just wasn't firing right...

He was doing the same old chuck and I didn't see anything new. He actually looked a bit more sluggish then he did against Rashad.

Chuck is one of my top three favs of all time and he always will be. I hope he can make a come back a la Randy Couture one of these days but for right now he needs to take some time to relax and see if his heart is still in it anymore.

He is a born fighter and loves it but picking the hands up is basic strikes 101 and he didn't do it...

I don't know what the deal was but I'm sad to see him retire.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:52 PM

Chuck may of learnt new stuff but once he was in the Octagon, he couldnt implement it.

The fact is the old Chuck ran through nearly everyone in his way. He didnt need to keep his fists up then, why should he now!

The issue is, is the game has changed up on him. He is too way gone to evolve with it. So i guess the game is up.

However i tip my hat for the stuff he has done and willingness to scrap with the best and not moan.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:28 PM
Crisco

He also primarily fought grapplers in his heyday. Easier to keep your hands down against a grappler in the old days.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:00 PM
Buc Nasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
Rashad is a top competitor in the UFC and is the reigning champion in the LHW division. He is allowed to express his opinion, and the wording he used was not nearly as insulting as you are making it out to be. He did not say "Chuck lied" and he is "crap fighter", but thats how you are going to take it because you already don't like the guy.
Dude its got nothing to do with me not liking the guy, I don't hate on anyone unless they give me a reason to. I wasn't quoting Rashad I was reading between the lines and thats exactly what he was implying. Some of you guys just don't see it that way and are giving Rashad way too much credit.

Fair enough.

I actually disagree with people saying Chuck looked no different in this fight, his footwork looked better and his left hand was higher than usual, its just a pity his forgot to keep his right hand up! I do sadly agree though, he has not evolved enough to compete at the top level any more and physically his best days are behind him.

But what a legend he is.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:03 PM
Buc Nasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
Preach it brother!!
Old 04-21-2009, 11:56 PM

In chucks defense hes not getting knocked out by scrubs... He was knocked out by Rampage, Rashad, and Shogun... Obviously he cant take shots or react like he use too..... ditto for wandy and nog.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:02 AM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty
No, Rashad is a tool who talks crap.
nah rashad talks no more crap then the next guy ... i mean, BJ has more fans than most fighters and talks crap for days ....