Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 04-21-2009, 12:57 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 6,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
I see nothing wrong with it ... Rashad is a stand-up guy and tells the truth ...
Hahaha I didn't even look at the calendar this morning, is it Opposite Day already?!
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-21-2009, 02:36 PM
pistol-pete
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I agree with what he said about his training for this fight as a "front". Chuck has been training his style for so long it would be very hard to stop his usually style train for three months and change everything. He got knocked out again because his hands were in horrible position. Sure in his prime Chuck had better, faster footwork that allowed him to cut angles that reduced the chance that he was going to take a punch flush.

I was really hoping that Chuck would take to this training, and have a more typical boxing stance with his hands held high. As soon as the start fighted it was the same old Chuck, hands got wide, over extending himself with his strikes, charging into his opponent.

I wouldn't have enough knowledge in this but it is my opinion that Chuck should have made a move to another another camp after the Jardine fight. How many other fighters does the Pit have in the UFC? None. Who does Chuck train with that can push him? Part of what keeps Randy young is all of the top talent in his gym. Randy also brings in other fighters to train with him for a fight and prepare him. I am not trying to be a dick, but it seems that the fighters and their ability in the Octagon have passed up Chuck and the Pit.

It is to bad I really like watching Chuck fight, but I certainly don't believe that he should be regulated to gate keeper of the division. If he wants to keep fighting, maybe he should start searching for another organization.

Does anyone really want to see Chuck Liddell verse Mark Coleman?

Rashad should just shut his mouth. He may have stated the truth in some regards, but it was disrespectful. Rashad may hold the belt but the only reason anyone knows that Rashad is a title holder in this little thing called the UFC is because of guys like Liddell, Couture, Hughes, and Franklin. These are the guys that went through the grind to put this sport in the U.S on the map.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-21-2009, 02:58 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,478
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh
I think (Chuck) should retire! I felt so bad for him to see him go out like that. He is a great person and a legend and when you see that as a fighter, you get a small glimpse of your own demise in the sport. There were no changes (in his style). I knew that before the fight because an inside source told me that it was just a front. Its too late for him. His reactions and ability to take punishment are gone and you could never get that backHe deteriorated so fast, its not even funny You have to wonder if he is on the border of a medical problem.
Source:MMANEWS
I know that some people here think he has class but I just don't see it. I mean talk about kicking a guy when he is down.
Speak it, Brother! Tell the truth and shame the devil!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-21-2009, 03:16 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Oh boy, another "I hate Rashad" thread

What more do you want? He said he felt bad for Chuck and that he thinks Chuck is a legend and a great person. I agree with him that Chuck should retire. His style has not evolved at all, and it's clear that he can't take a punch like he used to. I love Chuck, and I would love to see him come back and go out on a win, but there is also a point where enough is enough.

It's also funny how the headline for this story on MMANews says "Rashad Evans Says Liddells Preparation For UFC 97 Was A Front", but on the website that actually interviewed Rashad the headline reads RASHAD EVANS: "I FELT SO BAD FOR HIM"
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-21-2009, 03:34 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
I see nothing wrong with it ... Rashad is a stand-up guy and tells the truth ...
I don't agree with him being a "stand-up" guy, but IMO, he's telling the truth.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-21-2009, 03:53 PM
Buc Nasty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
Oh boy, another "I hate Rashad" thread

What more do you want? He said he felt bad for Chuck and that he thinks Chuck is a legend and a great person.
He also said Chuck lied and is a crap fighter. He said Chuck got so bad so quickly he must have a medical problem. How is that anything other than an insult? Plus, even if Chuck didn't train any differently, since when is it Rashad's place to run his mouth about it to the public? I don't see why Chuck and his camp would lie about it when we were going to see him fight anyway. I thought he was definately keeping his left hand higher than usual but not everyone seems to agree.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-21-2009, 03:56 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty
He also said Chuck lied and is a crap fighter. He said Chuck got so bad so quickly he must have a medical problem. How is that anything other than an insult? Plus, even if Chuck didn't train any differently, since when is it Rashad's place to run his mouth about it to the public? I don't see why Chuck and his camp would lie about it when we were going to see him fight anyway. I thought he was definately keeping his left hand higher than usual but not everyone seems to agree.
Preach it brother!! The way I see it is Rashad should not have said anything at all. You can't burn Chuck then in the same breath praise him. His day is coming and I hope someone blasts him the same ill fashioned manner he did to Chuck...
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-21-2009, 04:40 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty
He also said Chuck lied and is a crap fighter. He said Chuck got so bad so quickly he must have a medical problem. How is that anything other than an insult? Plus, even if Chuck didn't train any differently, since when is it Rashad's place to run his mouth about it to the public? I don't see why Chuck and his camp would lie about it when we were going to see him fight anyway. I thought he was definately keeping his left hand higher than usual but not everyone seems to agree.
Rashad is a top competitor in the UFC and is the reigning champion in the LHW division. He is allowed to express his opinion, and the wording he used was not nearly as insulting as you are making it out to be. He did not say "Chuck lied" and he is "crap fighter", but thats how you are going to take it because you already don't like the guy.

Chuck looked the same as he always has, and it's obvious that's not working for him anymore. Getting KO'd like that over and over does say something about his health as a fighter. The body can only take so much, and Rashad realizes that like every other fighter does. Pride makes it hard to walk away sometimes, but when your time has come, that is it. Rashad obviously respects Chuck, as he has said it many times in interviews, but it's also hard for fighters to watch guys who used to be on top get old and have their skills diminish. It reminds them that it's gonna be them one day.

I don't think Rashad meant any ill will towards Chuck at all. He just spoke what he feels to be truth, and as I pointed out before, I think it's funny that the site that actually did the interview in question www.fighthype.com had a much less hostile headline for the story than MMA News gave it. Seems like a loaded headline designed to spark a war of words when Rashad was just giving a simple comment.

Regardless, if somebody told Evans that Liddell was not really training, or working on a new gameplan, or whatever, I don't think he is out of line to comment on it after what we saw happen to Chuck. Besides, wasn't it just a week or two ago that there was some scandal with Chuck and a pornstar and Chuck canceling his engagment? Not saying that it means anything for sure, but its not outside the box to think that Chuck is just not in a place right now where he should be competing.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-21-2009, 04:42 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
Rashad is a top competitor in the UFC and is the reigning champion in the LHW division. He is allowed to express his opinion, and the wording he used was not nearly as insulting as you are making it out to be. He did not say "Chuck lied" and he is "crap fighter", but thats how you are going to take it because you already don't like the guy.

Chuck looked the same as he always has, and it's obvious that's not working for him anymore. Getting KO'd like that over and over does say something about his health as a fighter. The body can only take so much, and Rashad realizes that like every other fighter does. Pride makes it hard to walk away sometimes, but when your time has come, that is it. Rashad obviously respects Chuck, as he has said it many times in interviews, but it's also hard for fighters to watch guys who used to be on top get old and have their skills diminish. It reminds them that it's gonna be them one day.

I don't think Rashad meant any ill will towards Chuck at all. He just spoke what he feels to be truth, and as I pointed out before, I think it's funny that the site that actually did the interview in question www.fighthype.com had a much less hostile headline for the story than MMA News gave it. Seems like a loaded headline designed to spark a war of words when Rashad was just giving a simple comment.

Regardless, if somebody told Evans that Liddell was not really training, or working on a new gameplan, or whatever, I don't think he is out of line to comment on it after what we saw happen to Chuck. Besides, wasn't it just a week or two ago that there was some scandal with Chuck and a pornstar and Chuck canceling his engagment? Not saying that it means anything for sure, but its not outside the box to think that Chuck is just not in a place right now where he should be competing.
Agreed
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-21-2009, 04:54 PM
ufcfan2
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

What can ya say,Rashad is just being Rashad he can insult and praise you under the same breath

I like to hear his 'source' which is probably the voices in his head

In seriousness Chuck did'nt look like he evolved at all during that training period I think it was just a front to himself. I think all the loss's got too him and his competitive nature just wont let him accept the fact hes done. I hope he takes Dana's advice(or should say commands) and walk away.

Dana got me thinking as well,if he can do that too his closest friend and biggest draw what will he ask Matt H. do if he loses again? Or maybe thats why he wants Chuck to retire u dont wanna see ur good friend keep taking those beatings(yes Im implying Dana has a heart).
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.