Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 04-20-2009, 07:46 PM
Administrator

Default BLOG: Europa Show

From Matt's Blog:

Quote:
Last weekend I went down to Orlando, FL, with Dollamur Mats. Matt Lindland and I put on a few seminars and we also had a great time down there. The Europa show was pretty interesting to me because it has so many things going on. They had a bunch of cars on display, bodybuilding & fitness competitions, NAGA had a grappling tournament, and then several people put on seminars as well. Along with Matt Lindland and I, Don "The Dragon" Wilson and Bill "Superfoot" Wallace were there also. Dollamur Mats had a booth, as well as Nutritox, Cytosport and a lot of other people. One of those events I just could have walked around all day at.

Saturday, I flew straight home and drove to Marc Fiore's house to watch the UFC. I got there five minutes after Chuck's fight, the only fight I wanted to see. My flight was delayed 45 minutes out of Orlando and I got to Fiore's late and didn't get to watch Chuck's fight. I was not very happy. Still haven't seen it, but of course I heard about it and along with Chuck, I just don't know what to say. I think there are so many people out there that would pay to watch Chuck fight again, including me. If Chuck still has a desire to compete in the UFC, I hope they give it to him. I was really surprised to hear Dana say that if Chuck didn't have a good performance he might not be back in the UFC. It's obviously out of my hands right now, but when I hear something I'll let you know.

So the last fight of the night was the Anderson Silva fight. I thought since I was there at Fiore's I would go ahead and watch it. Audra was there also and she wanted to see it too. Don't have much to say about the fight. Thales obviously wanted to fight on the ground and even took Anderson down, but couldn't keep him there. I really disliked it when Thales would just fall to his butt and expect Anderson to jump on top of him; but even more disappointing was Anderson's lack of aggressiveness. He never seemed like he wanted to finish the fight. Halfway through the third round, I looked at Audra and we just decided to go home. It's not the first time that Anderson has done this to me. When he fought Cote, it was about the same thing. Next time we have a party and Anderson is on the card... well, I'll just say that at least I can expect to take a bathroom break or to go grab a refreshment when it comes time for him to fight. I heard Dana's comments after the fight and how he was embarrassed. I don't think Dana should be embarrassed all he can do is put the fighters in the octagon and once again I was a little surprised to hear Dana say this; but Dana White is a man who speaks what's on his mind.

Had a good week of training, last week. I feel like I could do three rounds pretty easy right now. I've trained for five rounds since late '01 and it just seems that's what I do anymore. Even though this is a three round fight, I'm training as if it was five. Close to a month out now and I'm heavy, so I'll start slimming down a little bit. Nate (my webmaster) thought it would be a good idea to talk a little bit about my diet. Of course, I try and eat healthy. A lot of good carbs, protein, good fat and no processed sugar. I do take in some honey, but I count the calories. By good carbs I mean natural foods that aren't processed. I love sweet potatoes, whole wheat bread, brown rice, oatmeal. Protein's somewhat easy to find and I try to take my fat in with almonds. I probably eat 6-8 almonds a day (that's 6-8 individual almonds, not 6-8 bags of almonds). I also eat a lot of fruit. Actually I love fruit and a lot of times fruit can be my dessert. One thing I've learned about most of the fruit out there, and a lot of other things, is that it's catabolic. Catabolic means that it takes more energy to digest than you get out of it. Here are a couple of websites that I have gone to and learned more about these foods:
Catabolic Foods - drkaslow.com
The Best Diet Ever Written! - swfloridabiz.com
A List of Foods That Burn Fat Fast: Go Catabolic - ezinearticles.com
For every meal I try to eat something catabolic and a lot of time my snacks throughout the day are catabolic foods.

Of course, everybody knows that I love hunting and the gun industry. Got this forward and it made me chuckle.

This week all of my training will be at the HIT Squad, look forward to hitting it hard and start cutting my body up a little bit. I thank everybody for the prayers that they give me, as I've received some emails stating so. I'll talk to you next week. -matt
Old 04-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Blmfighter

That is a great bolg! I really like the part about the diet.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:11 PM
atomdanger

Really liked the part about the diet, good idea Nate!!!

I would definitely like it if it became a regular thing.
That sort of thing is very interesting to me.
Sucks he missed the Chuck fight, I wonder what Matt thinks of Shogun?
Old 04-20-2009, 08:25 PM

Sorry you missed Chuck's fight, Matt. It was sad to see him lose and what it could possibly mean. I bought the PPV to see Chuck's fight and Anderson's fight and neither turned out like I thought they would. Chuck's was heartbreaking and Anderson's was disappointing. I would pay to see Chuck fight again. I probably would pay to see Silva/GSP if it happens, but there'd have to be other people on the card that I really want to see for me to buy another PPV with Anderson "starring".

Glad you enjoyed the show in Florida and training is going so great.

How do you "trim" down without losing the muscle?
Old 04-20-2009, 08:50 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer

Ahhh sorry to hear you missed Chucks fight Matt. Wished I could have watched it too. Especially if it was going to be his last one. I hope its not.

Glad the training is going so well. I actually forgot that this was only a 3 round fight. Not that it will matter. I'll be surprise if it makes it out of the first round.

WAR HUGHES!!!!
Old 04-20-2009, 09:52 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer
Ahhh sorry to hear you missed Chucks fight Matt. Wished I could have watched it too. Especially if it was going to be his last one. I hope its not.

Glad the training is going so well. I actually forgot that this was only a 3 round fight. Not that it will matter. I'll be surprise if it makes it out of the first round.

WAR HUGHES!!!!
haha this is funny because I did too, Matt has been involved in so many 5 round fights
Old 04-20-2009, 10:07 PM
Mac

do lemon juice on the brown rice , really good that way.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
That sounds good.

Good blog Matt. Chuck fight was a tough one. Glad to here you're feeling good. Look on the bright side you'll be able to give Serra 5 rounds worth of beatings in 3 rounds ( I'm actually picking 2nd round stoppage)!

[
Old 04-21-2009, 01:25 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
That sounds good.

Good blog Matt. Chuck fight was a tough one. Glad to here you're feeling good. Look on the bright side you'll be able to give Serra 5 rounds worth of beatings in 3 rounds ( I'm actually picking 2nd round stoppage)!

And we get to cheer him on live in person!!!!!!!!

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 04-21-2009, 03:02 AM
Stump Rules!

Like you ate that Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac

http://stumpdotcom.com/