Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-20-2009, 12:50 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Default And now... the OTHER fight

When Chuck was interviewed/did the promo spot on Fight night.. I thought it..

when he walked out I thought it.... granted he looked more INTENSE than I have ever seen him...

But he looked "thin".. for lack of better...his face looked thin..

He looked READY.. but different.

I have been a fan of the Iceman for at least 6 years..maybe more.. I don't remember the first fight of his I saw.. I sw him fight Overeem but that may have been a reply...and I know the Quinten fight was a reply..

But I feel that Chuck has lost "something".. he didn't seem to be committing to his shots like he has in the past.

His defense still seemed good.. but I think that his game just hasn't evolved as much as others..

I hate the idea of Chuck leaving on a loss.. but I also hate seeing him as a "gate keeper" of sorts.

All careers end, championship reigns are broken.. But seeing Chuck really lose like he has so many times now... kinda hurts.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:34 AM
timmyja

amen to that brother... He really did look tentative especially throwing the right hand.. his legs and movement looked right when he was stalking, but he reallys didnt appear to be committing.. hate to see him go out like that as well
Old 04-20-2009, 01:42 AM
Stump Rules!

He did say at the end he didn't "feel right" going in. I don't think he's the excuse making kind and although I've never been a Chuck super fan, I did think he looked a little different too
But with that being said, maybe he looks "different" because he is different and perhaps it is time to hang it up.

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 04-20-2009, 01:53 AM
ufcfan2

I'm not the biggest Chuck fan,but I wish him well on whatever hes gonna do next. I don't want him to pull a Ken and ruin what legacy he has put together after all these years. However; if he enjoys fighting and does'nt mind being a gatekeepr or possibly fighting for another oraganization more power too him.
This is a case where his mind says he can still fight,but his body is'nt on the same page. Its hard for an athlete to give it up when ur mind tells ya u can still compete.
I hope he stays with the UFC in one way shape or form as I think hes earned a place with them like Randy.

*It looked like he had a mouse under his right eye before the fight? Was that a training accident or what?
Old 04-20-2009, 01:55 AM
logrus

I think Chuck looked out of shape. When he striked he looked gun shy. The Ice Man is finished.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:23 AM
Josh

I'm sure I will get hated on for this but I think he has recently looked "tentative" because he recognised that he was fighting better strikers than he had to when he was racking up the wins. He was beating up wrestlers back then but now he is fighting guys that are good strikers as well. His chin does seem to be not as good though. I hate to see that happen to a fighter. Big Nog and Wandy have had this happen to them and it really is a sad way to go.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:44 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Chuck looked just like he did in all his recent fights. It's sad, but Chuck has been figured out and he needs to hang em' up, I could see him coming back for some sort of super-fight, like a rematch with Wandy, but besides that he is done.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:01 AM
que

shogun looked amazing. it was wonderful to see him back to his old self

Old 04-20-2009, 05:10 AM
MMeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
shogun looked amazing. it was wonderful to see him back to his old self

QFT, way, way better than he looked in the Griffin and Coleman fights. I'd like to see Forrest and Shogun again, the next boring Forrest Griffin fight I see will be the first (and I'm not even a big Griffin fan), plus it sets the winner on the path to a title shot and/or a Rampage rematch if they want Jackson to go again before facing the winner of Rashad-Machida.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker

But I feel that Chuck has lost "something".. he didn't seem to be committing to his shots like he has in the past.

His defense still seemed good.. but I think that his game just hasn't evolved as much as others..

I hate the idea of Chuck leaving on a loss.. but I also hate seeing him as a "gate keeper" of sorts.

All careers end, championship reigns are broken.. But seeing Chuck really lose like he has so many times now... kinda hurts.
I can relate to all you're saying; I have to say that I felt bummed out all night, really sad.