Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-20-2009, 07:21 PM
warriorlion

I dont know if it was just me, but seems a lot of people are missing the fact that Thales clearly wanted nothing to do with the fight, all he was interested in was fighting off his back, and his attepmts at taedowns were poor. Silva clearly wanted nothign to do with Leites' ground game, and to be fair who can blame him.

I think its been skipped across that even the ref seemed a little hacked off with the game plan of THales Leites. I lost count the number of timeds he said, get up, NOW.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:22 PM
warriorlion

Chuck was spot on, how can you expect to really attack a guy that falls to his back every time you throw a punch.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker
That's what they get for supplying the Amercia people with the main course on Thanksgiving..

[
Old 04-20-2009, 08:08 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
let's not get pissed off because of a fight guys. it's just entertainment and there are more important things in life that we should be focusing our energy on.
It wasn't entertaining though. In a way, I felt cheated out of a portion of my entry fee at Buffalo Wild Wings, it was only $5, but I could have stayed home and not spent money on food and drinks. I'm just happy I didn't order it in HD at my house like I usually do.

I have to say, I'm done buying PPV's with Silva as the headliner unless he's fighting GSP or somebody I know would engage him.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:18 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
the children starving in india

"Would Anderson Silva's paycheck have been better spent on the homeless of india. Discuss"
Old 04-20-2009, 08:19 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
I'm done buying PPV's with Silva as the headliner unless he's fighting GSP or somebody I know would engage him.
you are not alone
Old 04-21-2009, 04:00 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

I can't believe people keep saying "well, what about Leites?", "I blame him". That is what my preschools try to do, blame the other guy. You can discuss each one's performance. Leites looked like shyte which should have made it easy for Silva to look good. But he didn't.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
I can't believe people keep saying "well, what about Leites?", "I blame him". That is what my preschools try to do, blame the other guy. You can discuss each one's performance. Leites looked like shyte which should have made it easy for Silva to look good. But he didn't.

Exactly! So well put and with so few words!
Old 04-21-2009, 12:25 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
Exactly.

When was Thales Leites EVER a threat to Anderson

He couldnt take him down, one the odd occasion he did, he couldnt keep him there. He couldnt box with Anderson, he couldnt clinch, I dont think he ever did a leg kick

but Anderson is not to blame for the fact that someone who really wasnt a threat and could have been finished...wasnt.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:03 PM
ufcfan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I love you too

but you should know I'm always right

Liddell by interjecting, and Dana White by confusing matters with Fedor, just made it look MORE desperate. Anderson Silva just sat there and smiled.

I havent yet worked out whether he's actually enjoying all this, whether Denise is right...IS he doing this to try and escape the UFC
Though it was nice to see Chuck actually show some fight at the press conference I think it was a just question. I agree with Dana I think AS needs to challenge himself and going to 205 would be that(as I think he would actually lose some fights there). I thought AS looked like a spoiled little child at the press conferance with his head on his hand he just looked bored.