Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-20-2009, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
Why speak up if you are Anderson? No matter what he says people, like Dave, are going to bash him. Why bash Leites, if he does that people, like Dave, are going to say he is just trying to pass blame. He does not feel like he needs to defend himself because he feels like he did nothing wrong. He fought like he always does, he took the openings his opponent gave him and did not make any major mistakes.

I'm not talking about him "bashing" Leites. Telling the truth is hardly bashing someone. It was great that Chuck spoke up, but I just think it would have benefited Anderson more (PR wise) if "he" had said basically what Chuck did.

I see where you and JB are coming from with Anderson's gameplan, etc... and, like I've said I was more frustrated with Leites than Anderson. But, I see some of Dave's points also. As a fan (yes who paid money to see this fight and Chuck's mainly) I was disappointed in this fight. For me, it's not like what JB is saying that I have to have violence/blood...I just want to see a "good" fight with both opponents giving it there all especially for a championship fight with the title on the line. I think that is basically what Dave is saying as well (just with a lot more words, of course ).

I just thought we were going to see Anderson "challenged", but I guess their fighting styles were just too polar opposite for that ever to happen.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:35 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
I think that is basically what Dave is saying as well (just with a lot more words, of course ).
:
Exactly!

I've spent pages trying to write what you did in a single sentance
Old 04-20-2009, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Exactly!

I've spent pages trying to write what you did in a single sentance

Old 04-20-2009, 06:54 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

It was cool to see Chuck stand up for Silva. I see it both ways, but you have to take it to the champ to beat the champ. Anytime Silva engaged, Leites fell down to the ground like a little bitch.

On the flipside, I saw plenty of opportunites for Silva to throw, but he just stood there, almost dancing at times.

However you look at it, I blame the fight on Leites' refusal to engage. He looked beyond pathetic in that fight.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:19 PM
que

Quote:
NO...I'm upset because he didnt try to finish the fight. He didnt even engage in the fight

I dont care HOW he wins. I just got pissed off coz he stood there doing very little, he didnt even use combinations on the feet against someone who couldnt strike with him well.
jeez, for a second there is sounded like you were talking about jens pulver's last two fights.

let's not get pissed off because of a fight guys. it's just entertainment and there are more important things in life that we should be focusing our energy on.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:21 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
1) jeez, for a second there is sounded like you were talking about jens pulver's last two fights.

2) let's not get pissed off because of a fight guys. it's just entertainment and there are more important things in life that we should be focusing our energy on.
1)

2) like what exactly
Old 04-20-2009, 07:42 PM
que

Quote:
1)

2) like what exactly
the children starving in india
Old 04-20-2009, 07:44 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
the children starving in india
bad example when all the jobs from here are going there .. LOL ... oh well, india will be a world power soon (they are pretty much there) so you won't have a lot of people needing to worry about them ....
Old 04-20-2009, 07:56 PM
que

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
bad example when all the jobs from here are going there .. LOL ... oh well, india will be a world power soon (they are pretty much there) so you won't have a lot of people needing to worry about them ....
oops, i meant to say the children starving in turkey
Old 04-20-2009, 08:05 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
oops, i meant to say the children starving in turkey

That's what they get for supplying the Amercia people with the main course on Thanksgiving..