Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-20-2009, 11:14 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
I think people expect more from the champ. I sure did.
I did. but I dont anymore. Well...not from Anderson...he's shown what his reign is gonna be about from now on.

Such a bloody waste
Old 04-20-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I did. but I dont anymore. Well...not from Anderson...he's shown what his reign is gonna be about from now on.

Such a bloody waste
Good for you Dave, just write off the fighter because of two fights that you (as did others) found boring. I guess we'll just delete his other fights from record and start from the Cote fight...
I agree that he should have finished it in probably the 3rd (late) or the fourth, but it didn't happen. sometimes when the fight never heats up it's hard for them to flip the switch (I imagine, I'm not a professional fighter).

Don't waste your tears Dave, he'll be back.

[
Old 04-20-2009, 12:13 PM
Buc Nasty

It takes two to tango, people should be complaining about Leites instead of Silva. The guy laid on his back like a cheap hooker round after round and that makes Anderson a bad fighter for not taking the bait?

Gimme a break.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:32 PM
John King

Default Silva

Silva knew Leites was scared and he didn't want to do anything stupid. I would love to see Silva knock everyone out but unless they are willing to fight him it won't happen. I'm glad Chuck did what he did.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:42 PM

Has Anderson commented yet on Leites performance during the fight?

I agree we can't blame Anderson for what Leites did/didn't do and if it was frustrating for us to watch Leites lie on his back most of the fight, I can only imagine how much more frustrating it was for Anderson. I just think it's curious that he hasn't (that I know of) commented on this. He just keeps saying he executed his plan and did what he planned to do.

I just think it's weird, about Leites, this was his chance to get the title, to beat the "spider", the best pfp fighter out there, to make history for himself. Something just isn't adding up here.

Btw, I think it would have been to Anderson's benefit to speak up for himself during the press conference like Chuck and his guy did... "there wasn't much I could do with someone who didn't want to stay on his feet and fight me and I wasn't going to the ground, that wasn't my gameplan."

So, what's next, we have to wait for GSP before Anderson is "challenged" again? And, how does it help the middleweight division for Anderson to go up to 205?
Old 04-20-2009, 02:48 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
Good for you Dave, just write off the fighter because of two fights that you (as did others) found boring. I guess we'll just delete his other fights from record and start from the Cote fight...
I agree that he should have finished it in probably the 3rd (late) or the fourth, but it didn't happen. sometimes when the fight never heats up it's hard for them to flip the switch (I imagine, I'm not a professional fighter).

Don't waste your tears Dave, he'll be back.
We'll see.

No need to delete his past fights. Just Cote and Leites. The rest proove who he can be with the skills the GOD blessed him with

"Every good gift, and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with who is no variableness, neither shadow of turning"
Old 04-20-2009, 02:49 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
Has Anderson commented yet on Leites performance during the fight?

I agree we can't blame Anderson for what Leites did/didn't do and if it was frustrating for us to watch Leites lie on his back most of the fight, I can only imagine how much more frustrating it was for Anderson. I just think it's curious that he hasn't (that I know of) commented on this. He just keeps saying he executed his plan and did what he planned to do.

I just think it's weird, about Leites, this was his chance to get the title, to beat the "spider", the best pfp fighter out there, to make history for himself. Something just isn't adding up here.

Btw, I think it would have been to Anderson's benefit to speak up for himself during the press conference like Chuck and his guy did... "there wasn't much I could do with someone who didn't want to stay on his feet and fight me and I wasn't going to the ground, that wasn't my gameplan."

So, what's next, we have to wait for GSP before Anderson is "challenged" again? And, how does it help the middleweight division for Anderson to go up to 205?
Why speak up if you are Anderson? No matter what he says people, like Dave, are going to bash him. Why bash Leites, if he does that people, like Dave, are going to say he is just trying to pass blame. He does not feel like he needs to defend himself because he feels like he did nothing wrong. He fought like he always does, he took the openings his opponent gave him and did not make any major mistakes.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:51 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
Why speak up if you are Anderson? No matter what he says people, like Dave, are going to bash him. Why bash Leites, if he does that people, like Dave, are going to say he is just trying to pass blame. He does not feel like he needs to defend himself because he feels like he did nothing wrong. He fought like he always does, he took the openings his opponent gave him and did not make any major mistakes.
is Anderson Silva, still fighting and acting out his gameplan.

Yes I believe so. I believe he knows full well what he's doing. I'm just not quite sold on WHY he's doing it yet.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:05 PM
Blmfighter

So because he did not knock out the other guy everyone is upset. He did not use the tools that God gave him? Who do you think gave him his other skills besides the punch?

So if Hughes wins the fight with Serra but does not slam him and do some great GNP that we all know he can do, well you and everyone else say that it was a bad fight and Matt should be upset with him self? I don't this so.

No one can fight the way they want to every time they go out. If this was the case we would see most fights end with one punch knockouts in the first 5 seconds.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:12 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blmfighter
So because he did not knock out the other guy everyone is upset. He did not use the tools that God gave him? Who do you think gave him his other skills besides the punch?

So if Hughes wins the fight with Serra but does not slam him and do some great GNP that we all know he can do, well you and everyone else say that it was a bad fight and Matt should be upset with him self? I don't this so.

No one can fight the way they want to every time they go out. If this was the case we would see most fights end with one punch knockouts in the first 5 seconds.
NO...I'm upset because he didnt try to finish the fight. He didnt even engage in the fight

I dont care HOW he wins. I just got pissed off coz he stood there doing very little, he didnt even use combinations on the feet against someone who couldnt strike with him well.