Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 04-19-2009, 05:34 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker
Anderson was putting on a striking clinic.
he might want to try combination next time then
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 04-19-2009, 05:35 AM
MattHughesRocks's Avatar
MattHughesRocks MattHughesRocks is offline
Stump Rules!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 9,788
Default

Amen brotha I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Big difference in those 2 fights , Starnes ran ANDDDDDD niether of these guys are touted p4p .


Andersons opponent LAYED DOWN IN FRONT OF HIM , and the """"p4p champ""" couldnt do anything . Its crap no matter which way you spread it.
__________________


http://stumpdotcom.com/
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 04-19-2009, 05:37 AM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker
Completely agreed!!!!

Anderson was putting on a striking clinic. Did you see that step behind low kick? We had to rewind that four times to be sure..

But it has been a drinking night.
Yeah, I don't really see the issue.

When wrestlers or ground guys don't like to Stand and bang its ok,
but if AS doesn't wanna grapple its bad?
When Machida is elusive and can't finish its skill,
when AS does the same its showboating or something else and he gets bashed?

I don't think AS is p4p best, and his ground game is his weakness,
but he certainly clearly beat Thales all night and defended his title.
Not every fight can be a completely dominant amazing fight.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 04-19-2009, 05:39 AM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Something else I wanted to touch on,

why no foot stomps in Canada?

AS did a foot stomp at the end of the first and Lavigne said no stomps?
When did those become a foul?
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 04-19-2009, 05:42 AM
sasquatch
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Wouldnt bother me one bit if DW gave AS the axe for lookin so bad.

I thought someone switched the channel and i was watching some bad break dancing movie. Then i recognised anderson
You like break dancing Mac?

It's pretty cool.

random?
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 04-19-2009, 05:43 AM
Maldonado136
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

LISTEN GUYS ive had a few drinks tonight so dont take anything i say personally i love everyone here!!! seriously though i think silva couldve done more than he did but thats just my opinion! ill reread everything ive posted here tomorrow haha
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 04-19-2009, 05:44 AM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
Yeah, I don't really see the issue.

When wrestlers or ground guys don't like to Stand and bang its ok,
but if AS doesn't wanna grapple its bad?
When Machida is elusive and can't finish its skill,
when AS does the same its showboating or something else and he gets bashed?

I don't think AS is p4p best, and his ground game is his weakness,
but he certainly clearly beat Thales all night and defended his title.
Not every fight can be a completely dominant amazing fight.
Anderson doesn't want to be labeled that, Its something the fans and writers who know little of the sport keep saying about him.

In that fight the first few minutes is when people should have realized that Lietes wasn't going to commit to anything and never really did. He didn't use punches or kicks to set up take downs, he didn't get in the clinch to pull guard, or to leg sweep. HE was scared to loss.

I think they will shut up when they come out with the comu numbers and see how much Leites actually TRIED to win that fight.

Ohh and bear huggin Clay is the boring est fighter ..
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 04-19-2009, 05:46 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
Something else I wanted to touch on,

why no foot stomps in Canada?

AS did a foot stomp at the end of the first and Lavigne said no stomps?
When did those become a foul?
I was wondering that...but I guess all is fair, after all Lavigne allowed Silva two free elusive eyepokes later in the match didnt he

also...at least I'm consistant atom! I think the same about Lyoto
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 04-19-2009, 05:47 AM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
Something else I wanted to touch on,

why no foot stomps in Canada?

AS did a foot stomp at the end of the first and Lavigne said no stomps?
When did those become a foul?
I caught that also.. going to do some diging on that tomorrow. I was all like "Huh??"
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 04-19-2009, 05:48 AM
Maldonado136
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I was wondering that...but I guess all is fair, after all Lavigne allowed Silva two free elusive eyepokes later in the match didnt he

also...at least I'm consistant atom! I think the same about Lyoto
what?? silva eyepoked?? i dont remember that at all
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.