Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 04-22-2009, 08:51 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 17,001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Waterboard them all.

They are lucky I wasn't guarding the dude who planned 911 I would have used gasoline.
...and a match
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-22-2009, 08:54 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
...and a match
I don't think I would have to I think it would probably kill him from the fumes... IF not he would be very uncomfortable because of the burns.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-22-2009, 08:56 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 17,001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
I don't think I would have to I think it would probably kill him from the fumes... IF not he would be very uncomfortable because of the burns.
well...if you got to violent...a little spark would set the whole place a light

Do you mean waterbaording with gasoline?? or do you mean useing gasoline to keep someone awake during torture?? Didnt they use to pour gasoline into the eyes of people on the rack to stop them blacking out from the pain...?? or is that something else
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-22-2009, 09:16 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
Here is a nicely summarized list of some of W's worst moments in his presidency.


You may agree, you may not.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...t-moments.html
It's nice that you chose such an "unbiased" website for your "evidence." However I disagree with most of these "worst moments." In fact, many of those, primarily limiting stem cell research and abandoning the Kyoto protocol, I believe that President Bush should be commended for. I'm against embryonic stem cell research and I don't think we need to be putting ourselves under the thumb of the UN for this myth called "global warming."

I also believe that the tax cuts for the wealthy are a good thing and I disagree that it ties in with the economic crash at all.

Also, they weren't torturing anybody. I don't buy this new liberal kick that these "enhanced interrogation tactics" are torture. I think that's purely a political ploy and has nothing to do with our values as Americans.

However, most of that stuff can just be chalked up to hindsight being 20/20. It's easy to look back to the past and think "well they should have done this and this." Especially anything concerning Hurricane Katrina and 9/11.

Some of those are mistakes, but not big ones unless you're predisposed to hate Bush. My list of Bush's greatest mistakes would be two:
1. Forcing Israel to give land to the terrorist organization known as "The Palestinian People."
2. the bank bailout last October

However, just because I disagree with him on these issues doesn't mean that I think he did a terrible job. He kept our country safe from terror for 7 years, deposed a brutal dictator, freed an entire nation, and forced the world's top terrorist organizations back underground. That's success in my book and I think history will reflect that.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-22-2009, 09:17 PM
CAVEMAN
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
What is your definition of torture?

Here is an article for all to read. It comes from an Iraqi interrogator.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...112802242.html

Why is it that the United States tried and convicted someone for the crime of waterboarding in WW2, yet when we do it it isn't a crime? I posted the link in an earlier thread, or possibly this thread.

The media hasn't brainwashed all, and Bush was far from a great president. You just refuse to take off your rose colored glasses when looking at him.


Here is a nicely summarized list of some of W's worst moments in his presidency.


You may agree, you may not.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...t-moments.html
Yeah, were just the "evil bullying" nation! And GWB is the devil!

Sure sounds like you have swallowed the media's propaganda to me!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-22-2009, 09:49 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Waterboard them all.

They are lucky I wasn't guarding the dude who planned 911 I would have used gasoline.
Gasoline? You're no fun. Use diesel, it burns slower.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-22-2009, 10:59 PM
Buzzard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN
Yeah, were just the "evil bullying" nation! And GWB is the devil!

Sure sounds like you have swallowed the media's propaganda to me!
Sounds like you have a blind eye towards his horrible tenure as president, but to each his own. You and others still haven't answered the question regarding the United States convicting someone for war crimes in WW2 for the crime of waterboarding. I wonder why? Do you just wish that by not responding it will go away? Is it only a crime when someone other than the U.S. does it?

I don't get my news from television, except perhaps for local news. I use many different sources to formulate my opinions, as using just one source will not paint the entire picture.

Did you read the article from the interrogator? Surely someone who has been there done that has a little more insight into what went on than you or I, correct?
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-22-2009, 11:02 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
Sounds like you have a blind eye towards his horrible tenure as president,
It's nonsense like this that makes me disregard most of your political posts as hate-filled drivel.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-22-2009, 11:23 PM
Buzzard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
It's nice that you chose such an "unbiased" website for your "evidence." However I disagree with most of these "worst moments." In fact, many of those, primarily limiting stem cell research and abandoning the Kyoto protocol, I believe that President Bush should be commended for. I'm against embryonic stem cell research and I don't think we need to be putting ourselves under the thumb of the UN for this myth called "global warming."

I used the website because it contained a list of what some have called his worst moments. I didn't submit evidence, I submitted a list of someone's opinions. I even stated that you may or may not agree. You seem to disagree with most of them, but I know many that do agree with them.

I also believe that the tax cuts for the wealthy are a good thing and I disagree that it ties in with the economic crash at all.

Again, I disagree. Trickle down economics has never worked. I support tax cuts for those that need it, namely the middle to lower income earners. Sorry, I don't feel that letting the wealthy keep more than the lower tax brackets helps anyone but the wealthy.

Also, they weren't torturing anybody. I don't buy this new liberal kick that these "enhanced interrogation tactics" are torture. I think that's purely a political ploy and has nothing to do with our values as Americans.

Again, why was it a crime when it was performed on an American but not a crime when we do it? Do you think that America should lower itself to the level of terrorists and abandon all of the Geneva Conventions?

However, most of that stuff can just be chalked up to hindsight being 20/20. It's easy to look back to the past and think "well they should have done this and this." Especially anything concerning Hurricane Katrina and 9/11.

Some of those are mistakes, but not big ones unless you're predisposed to hate Bush. My list of Bush's greatest mistakes would be two:
1. Forcing Israel to give land to the terrorist organization known as "The Palestinian People."
2. the bank bailout last October

See, I used to like Bush, until he became the antithesis of what an American is. So, I wasn't predisposed to hate Bush.

However, just because I disagree with him on these issues doesn't mean that I think he did a terrible job. He kept our country safe from terror for 7 years, deposed a brutal dictator, freed an entire nation, and forced the world's top terrorist organizations back underground. That's success in my book and I think history will reflect that.

He didn't keep us safe, especially when he ignored the intel warnings of what eventually happened on 9/11. He failed miserably there as well as in other areas. If he would have been on the ball, 9/11 could have been just another day, instead it is now a day where America was attacked.

.........
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-22-2009, 11:28 PM
Buzzard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
It's nonsense like this that makes me disregard most of your political posts as hate-filled drivel.
We have a difference of opinion. I have trouble with your willingness to lower our country's standards to those of terrorists. I personally think Bush brought upon the U.S. an horrible problem that will take us years if not decades to dig ourselves out of. To boot, you appear to me to seem to think that all of the problems are due to Obama and Obama only.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.