Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 04-20-2009, 06:08 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus
ANyways I don't see how we can have a Obama section in the forums, but all the Mods cried like little girls when I made any comment about Bushs handling about any situation.
Are you trying to immulate your buddy Joe Biden by being a "serial exaggerator?" Of course, if I wasn't being so generous right now, I'd just call you a liar. There is absolutely nothing truthful in your memory of our past discussions. Ah well, at least you're true to form with every other liberal in America.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:51 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Unless, they are just mentally-defective morons, then I don't think that even the people making those accusations believe that for a minute. Unfortunately, it's proven to be the quickest way to shut up those who disagree with Obama.

I give a year or so more and eventually the word will just lose its meaning and people will stop caring if they're considered racists. Once the name calling stops being effective, then the liberals will lose all of their power.
True,
at this point nobody wants to be branded as racist, so its an effective tool
Old 04-20-2009, 04:53 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus
Actually I don't use the word NI******, I use the word Neger. which means dark skinned. The word originated back when the Portuguese occupied Latin America, since the natives were all darker in skin colour.

ANyways I don't see how we can have a Obama section in the forums, but all the Mods cried like little girls when I made any comment about Bushs handling about any situation.
Really?

I feel like I did a fair share of Bush bashing (that just sounds wrong.... or right) before Obama was elected and didn't get much crap.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
Really?

I feel like I did a fair share of Bush bashing (that just sounds wrong.... or right) before Obama was elected and didn't get much crap.
Ditto. I just ignore the anti Obama stuff for the most part. I'm not going to change anyone's opinion, and likewise. We have the luxury of being able to criticize our leaders in this great country of ours.
The only thing I won't go for is name calling. Respectful criticism is one thing, even some fun jabs and whatnot.

[
Old 04-20-2009, 05:45 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Are you trying to immulate your buddy Joe Biden by being a "serial exaggerator?" Of course, if I wasn't being so generous right now, I'd just call you a liar. There is absolutely nothing truthful in your memory of our past discussions. Ah well, at least you're true to form with every other liberal in America.

You got it partially right. I am actually a clone of both Biden and Obama, I love to exaggerate and my ideas are so far fetched that people actually believe me when I talk.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:13 PM
ufcfan2

I think its almost a civic duty to question the authorities of local,state,and Presidental powers. If u don't question or ask why,then u start to lose what made US what it is,a democracy. I think we've let the Presidents,CEO's off the hook for way too long. I think we have our priorities way out of sink and we have every right to question why.
I agree you have draw a line between a personal and a professional attack on anyone. I'm not so into politics to what proper channels to take to voice my opinions(maybe some peeps can post stuff like that). I think the lines of communication from Joe public to President is skewed that we can't communicate other than protests/demostrations.
I would like to see more 'Community Debates' from the President/Vice President. IF the President(any,Rep/Dem) really cared what the people think,he would do these every month.
I voted Obama,but I don't agree with everything he did/doing/or gonna do. I just voted for the lesser of two evils. Will Obama be a great as his speeches,NO,will he be worse than Bush,I hope not though only time will tell.
No matter if u voted for him or not,ya gotta back him and hope he can get the country at least rolling in the right direction...
Old 04-20-2009, 06:33 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic92
The hard part is differentiating between personal attacks on the president and legitimate disagreement with his policies.

Personally, I believe Obama is like a carnival barker. All talk with no substance. He's a good showman but stumbles badly when taken off his carefully prepared and coached talking points and scripts.

I also disagree with almost all his policies, programs and political stances, but I'm compelled to respect him as our president. I didn't vote for him and don't particularly like the fact that he's the president, but he deserves the respect that comes with the office. You'll never hear me claim "he's not MY president" like the left did for eight years of Bush's presidency.
I agree with you.. However I dunno about the left comment... In all fairness though your right.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:37 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
I agree with you.. However I dunno about the left comment... In all fairness though your right.
No pun intended ......
Old 04-20-2009, 06:41 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
No pun intended ......
?
Old 04-20-2009, 07:18 PM
CAVEMAN

I believe it was Thomas Paine who said that government is a necessary evil...which I agree with 100%. A democracy is about the people and we have every right to question the government and criticize if need be. In the last 20 years government has grown larger and larger and interferes more and more in the lives of people, especially the majority. So yes I believe we have a right and duty to keep our government in check. Especially now! If we don't, we will lose the right!