Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 04-18-2009, 08:27 PM
atomdanger

Default Talking bad about the presiden / critisize?

This was mentioned in another thread,
but I wanted to talk about it in its own thread so the other didn't get off track.

Do you think its ok to point out things the president does wrong?
Or to criticize him?

I do.
I think its completely fair to talk about, point out and discuss things we thing our leader is doing right or wrong.
He works for us, period.
We don't work for him, he is an employee of American citizens in my eyes,
and I feel like we have the right to discuss how he is doing, our opinions etc...
Old 04-18-2009, 09:00 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Absolutely, he works for U.S. "US". If he does something good, such as, giving money to education, I'll give him credit for that, I already have. But most of the stuff the guy does just doesn't fly with me. I'm sure he's a nice guy, I don't know him, so I won't say anything bad about him, but I'll criticize his ideology and policies.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:43 PM
medic92

The hard part is differentiating between personal attacks on the president and legitimate disagreement with his policies.

Personally, I believe Obama is like a carnival barker. All talk with no substance. He's a good showman but stumbles badly when taken off his carefully prepared and coached talking points and scripts.

I also disagree with almost all his policies, programs and political stances, but I'm compelled to respect him as our president. I didn't vote for him and don't particularly like the fact that he's the president, but he deserves the respect that comes with the office. You'll never hear me claim "he's not MY president" like the left did for eight years of Bush's presidency.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:02 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic92
The hard part is differentiating between personal attacks on the president and legitimate disagreement with his policies.

Personally, I believe Obama is like a carnival barker. All talk with no substance. He's a good showman but stumbles badly when taken off his carefully prepared and coached talking points and scripts.

I also disagree with almost all his policies, programs and political stances, but I'm compelled to respect him as our president. I didn't vote for him and don't particularly like the fact that he's the president, but he deserves the respect that comes with the office. You'll never hear me claim "he's not MY president" like the left did for eight years of Bush's presidency.
QFT
Old 04-19-2009, 11:01 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

What bugs me is this myth that you can't disagree with Obama without being Racist!
Old 04-19-2009, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENTUCKYREDBONE
What bugs me is this myth that you can't disagree with Obama without being Racist!
Are you saying that if you disagree with him it's a "myth" that they (Obama supporters) call you racist?

Because that did happen during the campaign if anyone said anything against him.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:20 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
This was mentioned in another thread,
but I wanted to talk about it in its own thread so the other didn't get off track.

Do you think its ok to point out things the president does wrong?
Or to criticize him?

I do.
I think its completely fair to talk about, point out and discuss things we thing our leader is doing right or wrong.
He works for us, period.
We don't work for him, he is an employee of American citizens in my eyes,
and I feel like we have the right to discuss how he is doing, our opinions etc...
I think its alright to discuss any political or famous person

It doesnt matter who he works for.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:28 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Just say the only side you're referring to is the white side and you're in the clear. Just use the words honky and cracker when you're describing him. It's self-racism, therefore, it can't be racist. It's like when blacks call each other "n*****".
Old 04-20-2009, 04:00 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Unless, they are just mentally-defective morons, then I don't think that even the people making those accusations believe that for a minute. Unfortunately, it's proven to be the quickest way to shut up those who disagree with Obama.

I give a year or so more and eventually the word will just lose its meaning and people will stop caring if they're considered racists. Once the name calling stops being effective, then the liberals will lose all of their power.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:16 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
Just say the only side you're referring to is the white side and you're in the clear. Just use the words honky and cracker when you're describing him. It's self-racism, therefore, it can't be racist. It's like when blacks call each other "n*****".
Actually I don't use the word NI******, I use the word Neger. which means dark skinned. The word originated back when the Portuguese occupied Latin America, since the natives were all darker in skin colour.

ANyways I don't see how we can have a Obama section in the forums, but all the Mods cried like little girls when I made any comment about Bushs handling about any situation.