Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 01-27-2009, 02:42 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikthehick
Try being put in a psyc ward mistakenly b/c there was no room in neurology or general medicine......

tough times call for desperate measures after hurricane's hit central VA...

Welcome to my world, in fall 2003

No worries though--aside from some counseling stints since then, I'm in tip top shape, promise
When I did my tour of duty in the psych ward in nursing school, we had to join group therapy with the patients. I was really getting into it and throughly enjoying myself. The instructor called me to the side and said, "I think this is supposed to be more for the patients than the counselors."

Old 01-27-2009, 02:43 PM
Stump Rules!

They could always put all the dolls in the mom's jail cell and see if she wants to play with them

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 01-27-2009, 02:44 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
They could always put all the dolls in the mom's jail cell and see if she wants to play with them
Oh, no, you didn't! ( )

Old 01-27-2009, 02:45 PM
Stump Rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
When I did my tour of duty in the psych ward in nursing school, we had to join group therapy with the patients. I was really getting into it and throughly enjoying myself. The instructor called me to the side and said, "I think this is supposed to be more for the patients than the counselors."

Old 01-27-2009, 02:53 PM
mikthehick

Quote:

ROFL!!! that made my morning

In the serious realm tho, I'm so glad for the counseling experience that i've had, cuz it'll make me a better one in the future. I'll give discounts to friends too! School is AWESOME cuz we are learning so much about psychotherapy, psychopathology and psychodevelopment Should be a neat next few years in school.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:01 PM
Stump Rules!

Well you know that bitch did it

Quote:
Oh, no, you didn't! ( )

Old 01-27-2009, 04:09 PM

Dolls are creepy enough as they are.
As far as that serial killer goes, they should have returned the severed finger to Supermax, and dumped the psycho in the medical waste receptical.

[
Old 01-27-2009, 04:34 PM
Black Mamba

Wow, that's some interesting news Denise. That serial killer though shouldn't be living. Grrr, don't even get me started about our prison system. Tougher laws on drug dealer thans freakin perverts and child molesters. Heck, I rather live next to drug dealers ( already do) than someone who took a child's innocence away.

Sorry for the rant, I just had to get that out.

Last edited by Black Mamba; 01-27-2009 at 04:47 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:35 PM
Black Mamba

Brighter news:

Mom Gives Birth To Octuplets In SoCal Hospital

BELLFLOWER, Calif. -- A mother has given birth to eight babies in a hospital south of Los Angeles, the world's second live-born set of octuplets.

Dr. Karen Maples told KCAL-TV in Los Angeles that the babies were born Monday at Kaiser Permanante and were "doing quite well."

The hospital says the mother, who asked not to be identified, gave birth to six girls and two boys weighing between 1.8 pounds and 3.4 pounds.
Click here to find out more!

Dr. Harold Henry told the station that "they were all screaming and kicking around very vigorously."

The last set of live-born octuplets were born in Texas and turned 10 years old last month.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:08 PM
Black Mamba

Woman's best friend: Plumber finds 7 carat ring in toilet

PHOENIX Just a case of plumb luck.

It took a plumber to retrieve a woman's 7-carat diamond ring after city workers failed in efforts to flush the gem out of the pipes of a restaurant toilet.

The $70,000 wedding ring fell from Allison Berry's hand when she flushed the toilet in the restroom of the Black Bear Diner on Jan. 14, the plumber said. The ring plopped in and the water whisked it away, said Elena Castelar, the restaurant's shift manager.

City workers opened a pipe outside the restaurant and continuously flushed the toilet, hoping to push the ring out to the opening. When that didn't work, the city called the office in suburban Tempe of Mr. Rooter, a plumbing services franchise based in Waco, Texas.

"This is going to be like dredging for a treasure chest in the ocean," Mike Roberts, general manager of Mr. Rooter, said at the time.

Roberts guided a tiny video camera into the pipe with an infrared light attached. He eventually spotted the ring just 3 feet down and 5 feet over from where it was flushed.

Then it took an hour-and-a-half of jackhammering and pipe removal before Roberts and a technician could recover the ring, eight hours after it fell in the toilet.

"They always say diamonds are a girl's best friend. In this case, a plumber is a girl's best friend," Roberts said. "She was just so excited, she had tears in her eyes. She gave us a hug and said 'Thank you so much.'"

The Mr. Rooter bill came to $5,200 and the city's bill was $1,000.

Berry, of Eureka, Calif., and her husband also tipped Roberts and the technician $400 each and gave $200 to a diner employee for staying late.

Here's a picture of the ring.
http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/undate...mond_in_toilet