Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-18-2009, 01:01 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSubmission
I dont believe GSP can beat Silva. But...I do think Lyoto has what it takes with his unique style its going to be great fight. However i have a feeling it is going to be boring. Because they are just going to be feeling each other out for most of the fight.
Just a prediction
Silva vs. Machida = Arlovski vs. Sylvia III
Old 04-18-2009, 01:18 AM
timmyja

Silva and Lyoto are training partners, and it definitely shows. Lyoto has always had an elusive style, but if I had to dodge AS punches during sparring sessions, I'd be pretty damned elusive too!! GSP will go the way of BJ w/ the bigger opponents if he fights Silva. Nuthuggers... just accept it already..

I will put a LIFETIME sig bet on that if the fight ever happens
Old 04-18-2009, 08:51 AM
que

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44
wont need to andersons guard isnt as good as bj's
anderson's guard is wayyy better than BJ's guard. anderson has one of the most active and effective guards in all of MMA.

BJ has never submitted or hurt anyone from his back. anderson has.

plus, anderson has the obvious size, strength and length advantage which is huge advantage when it comes to guard.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:26 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Silva would win I reckon

I'd be alright with that outcome
Old 04-18-2009, 11:53 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyja
I will put a LIFETIME sig bet on that if the fight ever happens
You're really not very confident about this are you?
Old 04-18-2009, 05:16 PM
rearnakedchoke

I think this fight is closer than most people would like to think ... GSP is very strong and wouldn't get tossed around like people think ... it won't be like GSP/Penn in terms of size difference ... i would pull for GSP in this fight, but i wouldn't bet money on him winning ... actually, it would depend on the odds i am getting LOL ... if he is a huge dog, i would throw some money on him ..
Old 04-18-2009, 05:49 PM
Straight Right

Quote:
I think this fight is closer than most people would like to think ... GSP is very strong and wouldn't get tossed around like people think ... it won't be like GSP/Penn in terms of size difference ... i would pull for GSP in this fight, but i wouldn't bet money on him winning ... actually, it would depend on the odds i am getting LOL ... if he is a huge dog, i would throw some money on him ..
I disagree, I like GSP just fine but Silva is a HUGE middle-weight and looks as big as most 205'ers just walking around. While GSP is a very big welterweight, I just see the size disparity as a huge obstacle for him. When two guys have similar skill sets the bigger guy does have the advantage. I do think that GSP could probably get the take down, but then what? Hell, Hendo couldn't do anything when he got Silva down, what makes you think GSP is going to be able to do better?

Since they will never fight, its a moot point but I do think that Machida would be a very interesting match up for Silva.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:52 PM
StizzoFoShizzo

I would be interested in a Hendo vs GSP fight
Old 04-18-2009, 10:31 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Right
I disagree, I like GSP just fine but Silva is a HUGE middle-weight and looks as big as most 205'ers just walking around. While GSP is a very big welterweight, I just see the size disparity as a huge obstacle for him. When two guys have similar skill sets the bigger guy does have the advantage. I do think that GSP could probably get the take down, but then what? Hell, Hendo couldn't do anything when he got Silva down, what makes you think GSP is going to be able to do better?

Since they will never fight, its a moot point but I do think that Machida would be a very interesting match up for Silva.
i am not sold on Machida, if he beats rashad, which i don't think he will, then maybe .. but i put rashad, rampage above machida ... right now i think silva beats machida
Old 04-19-2009, 06:24 AM
TonyCap

I really like Silva, but his last two fights have kind of sucked. I wonder if he is losing his steam. GSP on the other hand, has given us two great fights so far.