Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 04-18-2009, 03:05 PM
Hughes fanboy

If Texas were to become a country, it would see a large population surge...I think Americans are ready to get the hella outta here. Its time to start over.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:15 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Whilst I admire Texas for sticking to principles...IF she ever excersised her power and left the Union...firstly...I'm not sure there would be the war everyone thinks there would be...after all, she does have a legal get out clause unlike any other State, she is permitted to leave if she wants.

HOWEVER...if she left, and was a success, (this might not be the best financial climate to try going it alone)

then TRUST ME, other States will want Independance aswell.

Texas is in the best possible Geographic Location, except for Hawaii, and the one up near Canada....is it Alaska?? those Three I reckon could break away and be fine...however...without allied forces consistant to the Civil War divides, many States on their own could not break free, because they are landlocked by the United States...and they wouldnt be able to break as cleanly in a legal fashion as Texas.

Coastal and those States with North Boarder to Canada, and a South Boarder to Texas would be those with the most potential...better still if you have coast AND one of these boarders.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:17 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

if it does happen...someone must let me know...so I can get the quick-unpick out to snip off one of the stars on my flag
Old 04-18-2009, 03:35 PM
xSubmission

Republic of Texas sounds good. Would be very interesting to see how it all turns out if they were to declare independance. I agree with NateR this should be a wake up call to the Obama administration
Old 04-18-2009, 06:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
if it does happen...someone must let me know...so I can get the quick-unpick out to snip off one of the stars on my flag
If Texas goes, it's not going alone. More than likely the surrounding states would follow as well.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:09 PM
ufcfan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Wrong, 52% of the people who voted, 66 million people total, voted for Obama. There are an estimated 303 million Americans alive today. Meaning that only 21.7% of the American population voted for Obama. The other 78.3% either voted for someone else or didn't vote at all.

I don't wanna go into this politics stuff as everyone is so fierce to defend their position...when I first heard this, I said 'Trader' boot is ass out of the office. If hes got issues with current policies,voice them to the president man to man,don't threaten or even hint about leaving the Union. I think this is serious enough issue whether he meant it or not,to have a sit down w/Obama and speak his mind...
I mean is it okay for the previous regime to put us in this mess and its a pretty serious mess. So, its taking serious actions to fix whether we like them or not. We may not agree on how hes getting there,as long as he and we can get there..
I don't wanna go back to buisness as usual when a Republican gets back in office we just can't afford to do it..I don't personally agree with deregulate everything with no accountability someones gotta be,and it seems we've gotten away with no accountability for too long....anywho,getting off topic..
O,wait if Texas breaks away that means NO MORE COWBOYS FOOTBALL,WOOOT!!!!! Get Lost Texas!!!! Take George Bush's with ya That means we could invade Texas for the 'OIL',err we could invade them to say we are trying to preserve our Union,but really do it for the OIL

Last edited by ufcfan2; 04-18-2009 at 08:25 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcfan2
Im at odds with this guy even saying that type of stuff..To even hint of leaving the Union is kindof 'treason' talk to me and honestly some type of action needs to be taken. You just don't talk about it or even hint about taking ur state and leaving the union....If he has strong views on the current administration say them,but don't take it to that extreme.
If we were to go back to the original intent of the Founding Fathers, then Obama would be the one guilty of treason.

It's kind of funny, when there's a Republican President, the liberals believe that publicly opposing the government is the purest form of patriotism. However, when the liberals are in charge, then any difference of opinion with the liberal agenda is attacked fiercely and those who protest the government are seen as traitors or unpatriotic.

Which tells me that the liberals are only interested in power, nothing else.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:23 PM
atomdanger

I am honestly amazed Alaska has not tried more successfully to become its own country yet.

If you've never been, you should go.
Its amazing up there, and most people have a very different way of thinking,
and way of life than the rest of us
Old 04-18-2009, 09:07 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcfan2
That means we could invade Texas for the 'OIL',err we could invade them to say we are trying to preserve our Union,but really do it for the OIL
Good luck with that. Virtually everybody here owns guns, and we also have a VERY large population of military stationed in this state.

http://usmilitary.about.com/library/...facts/bltx.htm

You can also be sure there would be plenty of other surrounding states to follow.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:34 PM
Crisco

If this country ever got to the point where Texas would choose to leave you better believe it is BAD!

In that event I would move to Texas and fight to defend American freedom somewhere the real America can still exist.