Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 04-19-2009, 05:14 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I dont think Obama knows what his policies are. I think he's making them up as he goes along...because when he was asked about things, after being ellected, but before taking Office...he didnt seem to know. He blagged it well...but he didnt seem to know.
EXACTLY!!!

The only thing is, I haven't found an Obama supporter yet who seems to know this! The guy changes his mind on a lot of things. He says one thing, then as he gets elected, does something else. Seriously, why do people think this is actually possible?...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg98BvqUvCc

LOL, for good measure, this video is funny too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv1EK...eature=related
Old 04-19-2009, 05:20 PM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
You overlooked what I'd typed, I questioned Obama's positions on policies and my friend didn't even KNOW Obama's stance on policies. Anytime something is questioned to him, he can't defend the policies, because he doesn't know Obama's policies. That's an uneducated voter. People who are uneducated as to the policies of the candidates shouldn't voted or even be allowed to vote. In this case, he just bought into the media and Obama's charisma.
I didn't overlook what you typed. Again, you wish to deny a veteran who has served his country the right to vote. What policies did you question him on? Did you know the ins and outs of every policy for your candidate? What type of test would you require people be given in order to gain the right to vote? Would basic spelling and grammar skills be required? If so, over half of the country would be denied.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:23 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
Thanks for posting that NateR.

I will say that he does appear to support the blending of politics and religion, in order to develop a moral base for creating the conditions for a proper political arena. He does not state that one cannot be patriotic if one is not religious. He states that there may be individuals whose morality isn't guided by religion, but in the sense of government, that is not the case. Religion is required to develop the moral base for foundations of law.
at least it barrs heathen from the Government
Old 04-19-2009, 05:27 PM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Every atheists I've known just dismiss all religions equally. If they regard one religion more highly than another, then they've never admitted it to me.

Enemy combatants.

The rules are different during warfare. If we gave Nazi and Japanese POW's the same rights as American citizens, then we never would have won WW2.

Anyways, do you think we should convict the pilots who dropped the A-bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki with war crimes? Or what about President Truman who ordered the use of the atomic bombs?

Those two bombs incinerated over 220,000 Japanese civilians. Kind of makes dunking the heads of enemy combatants in a little bit of water seem tame by comparison.
How can you base the outcome of WW2 solely on the rights given to POW's? I would bet that many veterans are right now turning over in their graves at that comment. That is a horrible slap in the face to all veterans of that war.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:29 PM
Buzzard

Quote:
So....George Washingto, wouldnt think of Buzzard or infact any heathen, as being able to be American (after all, a Patriot is just another name for an American in this example, perhaps used when Americans go militant also)
If I give you a dollar, will you go buy a clue?
Old 04-19-2009, 05:32 PM
Buzzard

Quote:
at least it barrs heathen from the Government
Really? What did they teach you in school?
Old 04-19-2009, 05:35 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
I didn't overlook what you typed. Again, you wish to deny a veteran who has served his country the right to vote. What policies did you question him on? Did you know the ins and outs of every policy for your candidate? What type of test would you require people be given in order to gain the right to vote? Would basic spelling and grammar skills be required? If so, over half of the country would be denied.
lol, you're still overlooking it. I think it's great he's served the country, but to vote blindly is not how voting should be done. For God's sakes, at least watch 1 debate and make a decision upon that.

I don't have to go into detail on that or explain that to you. The point being that I questioned simple policies and Obama and McCain's stances on basic issues and all he really had to say was that I'm just an Obama hater.

Basic spelling and grammar? Gimme a break, that has nothing to do with this conversation. Well, maybe if the test were English only, lol. As for a test, there's really no way to do that. I'm simply voicing my opinion that there should be a way to do things, but there really isn't anything that can be done about that. Which is why America is great, because we have the RIGHT TO VOTE! The only thing, maybe, would be a simple 10-point questionnaire that asks a question, then choose the appropriate candidate for each issue. I guarantee most voters would fail that (failing, meaning less than 60%).
Old 04-19-2009, 05:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
How can you base the outcome of WW2 solely on the rights given to POW's? I would bet that many veterans are right now turning over in their graves at that comment. That is a horrible slap in the face to all veterans of that war.

No. As a veteran, I understand that you don't treat POW's as "innocent until proven guilty" if you have any intention of winning a war.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:42 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
We are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO f-ng screwed.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:43 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
If I give you a dollar, will you go buy a clue?
Dollars are two a pound my precious

If Barack Obama can lead the most powerful nation on the planet with enough dollars in his stimula package to buy as many clues as he want...and still not be sure of his own policies...

Why would I want a Dollar anyway...I have THREE pinned to the Flag on my wall