Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Training/Nutrition

Old 04-17-2009, 02:18 AM
Super Moderator

Default Joined a gym

Well as stressful as my life has been lately I decided I needed to go hit something so I found a cool gym right by myhouse to go to and tried out their mma class tonight. OMG, I feel like I got my butt kicked! My shins are all bruised and swollen, my thighs hurt, and the toes on my right foot are cramping up. I love it!

One of the instructors told me he is like Matt's 5th biggest fan so I told him about this place and told him to come here. I knew it was the right gym for me when we could sit and talk about Matt and how he is going to kill Serra.

Anyway, I can't promise that I will be able to walk tomorrow and my poor patients are going to be upset that my hands are shaking when I go to get blood from them but it is well worth it. This gym has it all, tomorrow is boxing class.

~Amy
Old 04-17-2009, 02:21 AM
Miss Foxy

What a cool story Amy!! Your gonna be whooping some fanny real soon!! Keep it up and tell your instructor he is cool in my eyes!!!
Old 04-17-2009, 02:39 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
What a cool story Amy!! Your gonna be whooping some fanny real soon!! Keep it up and tell your instructor he is cool in my eyes!!!

I told him my dream was to be a cutman and maybe if I am really nice, he'll hook me up with something. If I remember right I think he has a pro record of 15-1 himself. He seemed pretty cool. The other mma instructor was really great too. He definitely does not take it easy on girls.

~Amy
Old 04-17-2009, 02:39 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Cool Amy! They just opened a MMA gym not too far from here, but I've also heard there's one in New Braunfels as well, which isn't far from here either. I was thinking about going and checking it out this summer when I have more free time.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:41 AM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN
I told him my dream was to be a cutman and maybe if I am really nice, he'll hook me up with something. If I remember right I think he has a pro record of 15-1 himself. He seemed pretty cool. The other mma instructor was really great too. He definitely does not take it easy on girls.

~Amy
Thats so awesome a cutman!! Yeah they never go easy on us gals even when we bat our lashes! lol...With all these guys on the forum who fight shoot they will know the gal to call!! I would want ya in my corner!!
Old 04-17-2009, 03:02 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
Cool Amy! They just opened a MMA gym not too far from here, but I've also heard there's one in New Braunfels as well, which isn't far from here either. I was thinking about going and checking it out this summer when I have more free time.

Do it, do it!!! I am already thinking I may have to skip the 1 1/2 hour boxing class tomorrow night and just make the Saturday BJJ class. I just showered and I could barely get my arms up enough to wash my hair.

~Amy
Old 04-17-2009, 03:02 AM
mikthehick

Amy, I LOVE BOXING!!!! I'm like a first grader when I talk about this stuff

And Dave the head guy taught a week ago, and told us he doesn't take it easy on girls at all. Let us know how it goes
Old 04-17-2009, 03:04 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
Thats so awesome a cutman!! Yeah they never go easy on us gals even when we bat our lashes! lol...With all these guys on the forum who fight shoot they will know the gal to call!! I would want ya in my corner!!

It is my dream job. It may sound silly to some but I'd love to hang out with Stitch for an evening and talk shop.

~Amy
Old 04-17-2009, 03:09 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikthehick
Amy, I LOVE BOXING!!!! I'm like a first grader when I talk about this stuff

And Dave the head guy taught a week ago, and told us he doesn't take it easy on girls at all. Let us know how it goes

I can't wait until I have the stamina to go to all the classes. It'll help me gain some weigh too. I can't gain fat so muscle is all I can hope for.

~Amy
Old 04-17-2009, 03:14 AM
mikthehick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN
I can't wait until I have the stamina to go to all the classes. It'll help me gain some weigh too. I can't gain fat so muscle is all I can hope for.

~Amy
Giirrrrl, if you need some fat let me know! I'm working on decreasing the size of my butt as we speak

The classes are awes tho, i did put on some weight over Christmas, but first I muscle up, then I lose the excess fat. Down 10 pounds so far this year, so what about 3.5 months yet. I think by summer I'll be down 10 more at a weight I would love to possibly fight at. We'll see. You'll gain a ton of muscle once you go 2-3x a week. I'm doing 3 hrs on M and W right now, and running on the off days....well, today was the first day of running

Will ya also take MT?