Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 04-16-2009, 09:38 PM
atomdanger

Default Bully Beatdown completely fake

http://www.mmatko.com/bully-beatdown...part-of-bully/

Hmmmm

Doesn't seem like a very reputable source, what do you think?
Old 04-16-2009, 11:00 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Did you still think "reality" TV was real?
Old 04-16-2009, 11:05 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
Did you still think "reality" TV was real?
haha no, not at all.
But completely hiring paid actors is going pretty far.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:23 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Ever heard of "Operation Repo" on A&E? That is completely acted out.

Most "reality" shows are 100% bogus, and especially the ones on MTV. I have seen one episode of Bully Beatdown and I knew it was obviously staged. Hearing that the "bullies" are actually paid actors is not a surprise at all. Even the reality shows that are not hiring actual actors are still being rigged by production crews. Just look at TUF.

What is the difference?
Old 04-17-2009, 01:03 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Ever heard of "Operation Repo" on A&E? That is completely acted out.

Most "reality" shows are 100% bogus, and especially the ones on MTV. I have seen one episode of Bully Beatdown and I knew it was obviously staged. Hearing that the "bullies" are actually paid actors is not a surprise at all. Even the reality shows that are not hiring actual actors are still being rigged by production crews. Just look at TUF.

What is the difference?
Well, editing things a certain way, and taking things out of context is one thing,
but hiring actors and not putting "Dramatization" at the bottom, i thought was illegal.

Really? I've caught an episode or two of Operation Repo, how did you know it was fake?
Old 04-17-2009, 03:07 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
Well, editing things a certain way, and taking things out of context is one thing,
but hiring actors and not putting "Dramatization" at the bottom, i thought was illegal.

Really? I've caught an episode or two of Operation Repo, how did you know it was fake?
Illegal? C'mon bro...

Really, this is television. There is no legalities when it comes to creative intellectual properties in this day and age. They are under no obligation to inform the viewers of the legitimacy of their production. It's all about entertainment.

As for Operation Repo, just simply watch the show to realize it's fake. If that is not enough, do a google search on the show and you will find out pretty quick. The odor of illegality that those obese and irritating character actors radiate is similar to that of "dog crap and dead skunk".
Old 04-17-2009, 03:48 AM
Stump Rules!

The show is too stupid to even care if it's real or not.Of course I've only seen it once but isnt it pretty much the same thing each episode?

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 04-17-2009, 06:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Illegal? C'mon bro...

Really, this is television. There is no legalities when it comes to creative intellectual properties in this day and age. They are under no obligation to inform the viewers of the legitimacy of their production. It's all about entertainment.
Yeah, when you watch the Countdown Specials or All Access shows being filmed, then see what actually shows up on screen, it's almost unrecognizable.

When watching a show like TUF, you're seeing maybe 10% of what actually happened and 90% editors' license. The editors determine what story they want to tell ahead of time and then cut the footage to match their story. What actually happened might serve as an initial inspiration, but is barely relevant to the final product.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:29 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Illegal? C'mon bro...

As for Operation Repo, just simply watch the show to realize it's fake. If that is not enough, do a google search on the show and you will find out pretty quick. The odor of illegality that those obese and irritating character actors radiate is similar to that of "dog crap and dead skunk".
That sucks.
Even the WWE has the decency to call themselves "sports entertainment"
Old 06-03-2011, 06:03 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
http://www.mmatko.com/bully-beatdown...part-of-bully/

Hmmmm

Doesn't seem like a very reputable source, what do you think?
Now this is hilarious! I found the same post you listed and you can even find that guy who plays the part of an older brother on Facebook. His profile is listed as an actor/producer:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ryan-A...23122931100046

Here's his MySpace fan page: http://www.myspace.com/ryanadamkessman

Here's his YouTube page that shows all of his acting gigs: http://www.youtube.com/user/7kessseven