Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 04-16-2009, 06:17 PM
atomdanger

Default Josh Barnett: 'Cyborg Is Deserving of No Respect and No Praise'

http://www.cagepotato.com/josh-barne...-and-no-praise

Quote:
The fight went on and we all deeply hoped Hitomi would make cyborg pay in the cage. In the end the weight difference was much too much.
Hitomi lacked the size and strength to effectively use her techniques and I believe that that is the main and deciding reason why Cyborg won that fight.
Cyborg was gassed half-way through the 2nd and if she had had to make 146, I think she would have fainted from lack of 02..or maybe cramps would have been the excuse.

Her victory is hollow and her turning a blind eye to her lack of professionalism is deplorable. Never once was an apology uttered.
Never once did I see one act of accountability. I don't know how to say it in Portuguese but, Cyborg is deserving of no respect and no praise.
If you were ever a fan, I'd find someone of better character and better heart.

Ehhh, I can see his frustration, but coming from a guy who has tested positive for steroid use I think he goes a little far.
His fighter could have not taken the fight had she wanted?
Old 04-16-2009, 06:19 PM

Wow! I agree with him, but you're right. He's had his moments too. Did he ever apologize to Randy for busting his orbital socket on roids?

[
Old 04-16-2009, 08:05 PM
Hughes_GOAT

he's a little bitter at the fact Shayna got owned by Cyborg.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:43 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
http://www.cagepotato.com/josh-barne...-and-no-praise

Ehhh, I can see his frustration, but coming from a guy who has tested positive for steroid use I think he goes a little far.
His fighter could have not taken the fight had she wanted?
Did you see my Comment and his reply to my comment

The blog is taken from His myspace...He claims to somehow have personal knowledge, or an invested interest...that isnt shared when other male fighters fail to make weight

here is my comment,

She isnt the only fighter to fail to make weight. I hope you apply equal disdain to all the other fighters who fail to make weight...like Joe Riggs, Thiago Alves...to name but afew

and his reply

No I don't Namely because I don't know the circumstances in concerns to them as I do with this situation. I will say that missing weight is unprofessional and an embarrassing issue. I haven't had a fighter miss weight I have worked with and I think it's usually more of an anomaly. But in this case my judgments come from the attitudes and actions of the guilty party more-so than even the act itself.

Is every situation made up of the same parts? I don't think so.

I have further replied saying that regardless of what inside knowledge he has, its the fact he's gone public about it. I've told him this blog has been copied to other sites, and now forums are discussing it. I told him that I'm not disputing the truth of what he says...but the fact he actually said it, and told him one day he might end up reading a blog like this about himself, if he makes a mistake. If he makes a habit of publically embarrising people, then they will jump on him the moment he makes a mistake.

He hasnt authorised that secondary comment yet. I think he will, and probably reply to it...coz he seems...firery
Old 04-16-2009, 08:47 PM
Hughes_GOAT

and for the record, he was cleared of the roids thing. it's online somewhere. it was more convincing than Sherk's situation which some people seem to believe him on.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:21 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

my returns

maybe not, Josh...but every situation has its parts, and not all involved come out to publically admonish a Fighter. Meanwhile your blog gets copied to other sites, other Forums. I'm not claiming your wrong in what your saying. But becareful when you publically humiliate a Fighter, incase one day something happens, and your reading a blog, like this about yourself from someone else. Thats all I'm saying.

his returns

In this case I think it's warranted and if the fighter themselves acted differently then I can assure you I wouldn't have much to say. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if she harbored a grudge against us going into the cage for trying to make her live up to her end of the deal. I haven't heard any apologies or sincerity...only excuses.

I read **** everyday about me and what I do. I don't care. Those that hold a place of respect in my heart are the only ones that matter. Kill the rest and cruise the rivers of their blood in triumph.

final thoughts from me

At the end of the day, you cant control what she does. However, you can be in control of how you respond. I know it feels personal because it happened against one of yours, and I am not refuting that you are right in what you said. HOWEVER saying it makes you look bitter. Would you still have posted this blog if, despite, cyborgs weight issues, Your fighter had won?? Maybe...but many people may think maybe not, and even if this is not the case, may think this is just you taking a loss badly. I think the issue is at the end when you move on to question her character and heart and sportsmanship. Well..even if wronged...is it sportsmanship to publically embariss the woman who just beat your Fighter?

Again, I believe you are fully justified...I just think that the harshness of the language, and the personal nature may make those, less inclined to care, dislike you more then her. That might be unfair, and whilst I'm sure you have to deal with lots of negative press all the time, I'm just worried about your image after this.

Its already got to an MMA news Website, and its allready being talked about on Forums, and your not looking as good as you should be over this, which is a bit, disheartening. Regardless, thank you for responding to my comments, some fighters would consider what ive said to harsh a criticism and not bothered.

Regards
Old 04-16-2009, 09:30 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
and for the record, he was cleared of the roids thing. it's online somewhere. it was more convincing than Sherk's situation which some people seem to believe him on.
Oh really???

I haven't heard a thing about it, I know he tested positive and he was suspended. At which point he went to Japan.

I feel like he was using in Japan as well, people rank him as a top 3 HW,
he had that last guy he fought mounted for like 10 minutes and just couldn't finish, it almost went to decision.
He should have walked through that guy.

Yet people bring up Shogun looking bad since Pride.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:31 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Did you see my Comment and his reply to my comment

The blog is taken from His myspace...He claims to somehow have personal knowledge, or an invested interest...that isnt shared when other male fighters fail to make weight

here is my comment,

She isnt the only fighter to fail to make weight. I hope you apply equal disdain to all the other fighters who fail to make weight...like Joe Riggs, Thiago Alves...to name but afew

and his reply

No I don't Namely because I don't know the circumstances in concerns to them as I do with this situation. I will say that missing weight is unprofessional and an embarrassing issue. I haven't had a fighter miss weight I have worked with and I think it's usually more of an anomaly. But in this case my judgments come from the attitudes and actions of the guilty party more-so than even the act itself.

Is every situation made up of the same parts? I don't think so.

I have further replied saying that regardless of what inside knowledge he has, its the fact he's gone public about it. I've told him this blog has been copied to other sites, and now forums are discussing it. I told him that I'm not disputing the truth of what he says...but the fact he actually said it, and told him one day he might end up reading a blog like this about himself, if he makes a mistake. If he makes a habit of publically embarrising people, then they will jump on him the moment he makes a mistake.

He hasnt authorised that secondary comment yet. I think he will, and probably reply to it...coz he seems...firery

Yeah, I hate it when people say they "know" something but won't say what.
and after the fight Cyborg seemed to be very respectful and very sorry.

Seemed genuine, I didn't notice and disrespect or anything.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:32 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn

[COLOR="Red"]In this case I think it's warranted and if the fighter themselves acted differently then I can assure you I wouldn't have much to say. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if she harbored a grudge against us going into the cage for trying to make her live up to her end of the deal. I haven't heard any apologies or sincerity...only excuses.
Did she not say sorry after the fight?
Old 04-16-2009, 10:25 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
Did she not say sorry after the fight?
Josh is publically saying no she didnt