Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-16-2009, 05:10 PM
atomdanger

Default Frank Mir Quick Quote

mmamania.com

Quote:
“I’m going to soon be the the destroyer of Brock Lesnar’s legacy and career…. Obviously, I’m slightly scared — just look at Brock … he is a scary guy. When he was beating me down I went to tap. Oh, well, that’s right. Brock asked the referee to come over and save him! At [UFC 81] I wasn’t really working with a jiu-jitsu coach. I was my own coach. I now have Demian Maia who is my head jiu-jitsu coach. My game has gone drastically to different levels. I thought I was actually good at it until I started rolling with him.”
You know Maia is good when other BJJ black belts say things like that about him.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:11 PM
Miss Foxy

I like Frank Mir. He is really a cool guy. He's very good to his fans.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:41 PM
matthughesfan21

I'm not a huge Mir fan, but I like how he is constantly trying to improve something that he is already a black belt in...no doubt bringing in one of the best BJJ practioners in the world would help, especially considering it is someone who knows how to translate that into MMA quite well
Old 04-16-2009, 05:54 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
I'm not a huge Mir fan, but I like how he is constantly trying to improve something that he is already a black belt in...no doubt bringing in one of the best BJJ practioners in the world would help, especially considering it is someone who knows how to translate that into MMA quite well

Well, a black belt doesn't mean you know everything.
A black belt means you've learned how to learn.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:08 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

I like Mir, he's a nice respectable fighter. I still would like to see Brock get some revenge. Honestly, I think Mir is Brock's poison. Only people who can stand a chance against Brock are large BBJ practicioner's like Mir. Oh, and there's that Fedor guy ;)

WAR BROCK!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-16-2009, 06:27 PM
mikthehick

I love Frank. He's really got his act together, and he's going down a great path. Brock needs to go back to wearing War Paint and tights. I feel like he's kinda a fraud, and I'm not really sure he takes MMA seriously. Plus I'm also pissed b/c he beat Randy.

Anyway, I hope he gets his butt handed to him.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:33 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikthehick
I love Frank. He's really got his act together, and he's going down a great path. Brock needs to go back to wearing War Paint and tights. I feel like he's kinda a fraud, and I'm not really sure he takes MMA seriously. Plus I'm also pissed b/c he beat Randy.

so you are saying that Randy got beat by a fraud who does not take MMA seriously......man Randy must really suck then.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:33 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikthehick

how do you justify that....After his loss he brought in trainers to improve all aspects of his game, and he trains his heart out...sorry, that comment there just sounds like being a hater
Old 04-16-2009, 06:34 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
I like Mir, he's a nice respectable fighter. I still would like to see Brock get some revenge. Honestly, I think Mir is Brock's poison. Only people who can stand a chance against Brock are large BBJ practicioner's like Mir. Oh, and there's that Fedor guy ;)

WAR BROCK!!!!!!!!!!
Im not so sure. I think Brock made a mistake before and he has learned from it. I dont think he will try to take Mir down this time and I think he will try and test Mir's chin.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:54 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
how do you justify that....After his loss he brought in trainers to improve all aspects of his game, and he trains his heart out...sorry, that comment there just sounds like being a hater
Don't forget, Brock was training MMA about a year and a half before his first fight with Kim. Brock has an unreal ability to control where the fight goes. If he wants it up, it's his choice. If he wants it down, it's his choice. It's a BIG advantage. I honestly think it will be in his best interest to stand up and trade punches with Mir. Unlike Brock, Mir isn't very fast on his feet - anybody can see that from the soccer match he had with Nog on TUF, lol