Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 04-15-2009, 12:11 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Default Silencing the opposition!

- Big Hollywood - http://bighollywood.breitbart.com -

Tea Parties, Homeland Security and Silencing the Opposition

Posted By John Romano On April 14, 2009 @ 9:25 am In Featured Story, Politics | 3 Comments

Today the Washington Times printed an [1] article about Obama’s DHS crew releasing a report about, and plans to step up efforts to watch, “Right Wing Radical extremists.” Interesting that this is released just before the Tea Parties are scheduled to happen across America.

From the article itself:

A footnote attached to the report by the Homeland Security Office of Intelligence and Analysis defines “rightwing extremism in the United States” as including not just racist or hate groups, but also groups that reject federal authority in favor of state or local authority.

“It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single-issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration,” the warning says.

Notice the clever use of “immigration” instead of “illegal immigration.” Of course genuine extremists groups, usurpers of the rights of others through violence, should be monitored. Individuals who reject “federal authority in favor of state or local authority,” really?

This is just one step closer to the normative labeling of anyone that disagrees vocally with the Obama administration as extremist. Speak out heavily against illegal immigration; be careful you could be tagged as a right-wing extremist. Listen to Rush Limbaugh; be careful you could be tagged as a right-wing extremist. Abortion, ditto. Gun control, taxes and on and on. Hey, political correctness has worked like a charm for the left and to a large degree put Barack Obama in the White House. Why not step up the game with a little monitoring and ostracism of the opposition?

The one thing I find amazing about President Obama and Rahm Emanuel is that they have no conscience when it comes to destroying their political enemies. That is their most dangerous trait. Bill Clinton was a puppy compared to these two. If ruining the lives of countless Americans were to further the Democrat Party, Obama and Emanuel would do it. Obama may be a rookie with his teleprompter and bowing before Kings, but Chicago politics he knows.

What do you think taking census authority from the Commerce Department, blanket amnesty and card check are about? All three policies if implemented and manipulated successfully would give the Democrats a permanent majority. When every left-wing Obama mouthpiece like Chris Mathews and Bob Shrum (read his [2] joke of a commentary this week) talk about the dying GOP this is what they are referring to. The death of the GOP is more of a vision quest for them than a current reality.

Obama, dare I say it like Hugo Chavez, considers the consolidation of power in a permanent Democrat majority his most important goal. If painting everyone that disagrees with him as an extremist is what it takes to achieve this goal then so be it. The difference, hopefully, between Obama and Chavez is that Obama will leave in 4 or 8 years.

The DHS report can be read as a chilling first step toward silencing the opposition.

NOTE: I would love to hear from a sensible Democrat about the above. I’d love to hear a rationed response. I won’t hold my breath though.

[3]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article printed from Big Hollywood: http://bighollywood.breitbart.com

URL to article: http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/jr...he-opposition/

URLs in this post:
[1] article: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...cals-on-right/
[2] joke of a commentary: http://www.theweek.com/article/index...publican_Ruins
[3] Image: #

Click here to print.

Copyright © 2008 Big Hollywood. All rights reserved.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:02 AM
Administrator

I knew Obama was a liar when he claimed that he wanted to bring Americans together. His goal is not to win over the opposition, but to eliminate it in true Chicago politics style.

Their mistake is thinking that the majority of Americans agree with the Democratic party and supports Obama. However, at the 50 day mark, Obama had a lower approval rating than George W. Bush and Jimmy Carter. In fact, he had the lowest recorded 50-day approval rating of any American President.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:22 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

One small step for man, one giant leap towards Communism.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:30 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
One small step for man, one giant leap towards Communism.
Totalitarianism would be a better description:

to·tal·i·tar·i·an (tō-tāl'ĭ-târ'ē-ən)
adj. Of, relating to, being, or imposing a form of government in which the political authority exercises absolute and centralized control over all aspects of life, the individual is subordinated to the state, and opposing political and cultural expression is suppressed: "A totalitarian regime crushes all autonomous institutions in its drive to seize the human soul" (Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr.)
n. A practitioner or supporter of such a government.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:26 AM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

This is terrifying. It's absolutely ridiculous and yet another clear violation of the 1st amendment.

"Don't you dare say anything that I don't like. It doesn't matter if you never actually act on your beliefes: the very act of talking is enough to get you labelled as an extremist."
Old 04-15-2009, 02:33 AM
Administrator

There is another part of this that warns of the "danger" to the government presented by veterans returning from service overseas.

Typical liberal idiocy.

Obama's mistake is that he's under the assumption that "all of America" is behind him and it's only the right-wing fringe that opposes him. However, while 66 million people voted for him, out of an estimated 303 million Americans alive today, 58 million Americans voted against him. So he doesn't have the "mandate from the masses" that he assumes he does.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:37 AM
Allons-y

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
There is another part of this that warns of the "danger" to the government presented by veterans returning from service overseas.

Typical liberal idiocy.

Obama's mistake is that he's under the assumption that "all of America" is behind him and it's only the right-wing fringe that opposes him. However, while 66 million people voted for him, out of an estimated 303 million Americans alive today, 58 million Americans voted against him. So he doesn't have the "mandate from the masses" that he assumes he does.
Exactly. If you just look at the sheer numbers, for every person who voted for he, there were 3.5 people that didn't vote for him. Not exactly a strong endorsement.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Exactly. If you just look at the sheer numbers, for every person who voted for he, there were 3.5 people that didn't vote for him. Not exactly a strong endorsement.
Also for every one person who voted for Obama, there is also one person who actively voted against him. Actually, the ratio is closer to 1.13 to 1, but that's still a pretty razor thin margin considering the size of the country. Hardly a mandate from the masses to steer this country down the left-wing liberal road.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:01 AM
Allons-y

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Also for every one person who voted for Obama, there is also one person who actively voted against him. Actually, the ratio is closer to 1.13 to 1, but that's still a pretty razor thin margin considering the size of the country. Hardly a mandate from the masses to steer this country down the left-wing liberal road.
Agreed.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:38 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

He sure is one arrogant butthole. Yeah, Obama, if you find this, I'm talking about you! Silence me oh great one!