Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 04-15-2009, 04:37 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

I am all for Fighters getting paid more.. but if that is the paydays in relation to the gate.. wow....

I would like to know more specifics about paydays..

Like Randy and Chuck (Matt also???) getting a cut of the PPV buys...
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-15-2009, 06:26 PM
KevinD
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Frank takes care of himself first. Some of those salaries were terrible. It makes the UFC look good as far as salaries are concerned, thats for sure.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-15-2009, 08:13 PM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I always wish we knew what they made for sponsors and stuff,
of course I am aware that sort of thing is very private,
but sometimes I am super curious.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-15-2009, 08:32 PM
Jason 16
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Scott Smith: $49,940 (includes $25,000 win bonus)
def. Benji Radach: $16,940
Benji Radach is worth at least as much as scott smith hes been around for a long time
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-15-2009, 10:37 PM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 16
Scott Smith: $49,940 (includes $25,000 win bonus)
def. Benji Radach: $16,940
Benji Radach is worth at least as much as scott smith hes been around for a long time
I wouldn't say so.

Scott Smith has a bigger name.
He was in the UFC, and is much more well known.

I feel like its half how popular you are, and half how good you are.
That seems to be the case a lot of the time anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-15-2009, 11:07 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

This is not very shocking at all. That is on par with the way the market works in MMA today. A market which has basically been created by the UFC. I like the product that the UFC delivers, but I still think they are grossly underpaying their fighters.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-16-2009, 02:02 AM
Jason 16
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
I wouldn't say so.

Scott Smith has a bigger name.
He was in the UFC, and is much more well known.

I feel like its half how popular you are, and half how good you are.
That seems to be the case a lot of the time anyway.
they both were he fought nick serra and sherk. he was one of the biggest names in the IFL . I like scott but I still think 7 times out of ten he would have lost that fight
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-16-2009, 02:03 AM
Jason 16
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
This is not very shocking at all. That is on par with the way the market works in MMA today. A market which has basically been created by the UFC. I like the product that the UFC delivers, but I still think they are grossly underpaying their fighters.
yea why couldnt they just taken all but 30k from shamrock and spread it out to the other fighters evenly
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-16-2009, 02:23 AM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 16
yea why couldnt they just taken all but 30k from shamrock and spread it out to the other fighters evenly
Great, so now Obama's reaching into MMA as well!!!!!!

I jest. I agree, Frank got paid nearly double what the entire rest of the card made combined. Seriously: $369,790 to $205,525. That's an 80% difference.

And people think the UFC's pay scale if FUBARed.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-16-2009, 02:42 AM
Jason 16
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Great, so now Obama's reaching into MMA as well!!!!!!

I jest. I agree, Frank got paid nearly double what the entire rest of the card made combined. Seriously: $369,790 to $205,525. That's an 80% difference.

And people think the UFC's pay scale if FUBARed.
the rest of the guys deserve the money more than him in stead of wasting it on frank give it to the other fighters
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.